Notorious97200

2 Xcons 15" on 4000 watts rms

Hello from Martinique ,

A friend of mine, a box builder for a shop here, is upgrading is sound system.

He's going from 1 SSA xcon 15" on 2 Sundown saz 1000 d amps to 2 xcons on 4 saz 1000d.

We bought the design from someone on this forum !

The box is made in 2 parts : one for each sub. Totally independant chambers and ports. 2 exactly same boxes.

For the mids (2 8" Davis Acoustics speakers on each front door)he will use a JBL amp (px 300.4) and for the highs(several 5.5" speakers and tweeters, all Davis) he will use a new amp : the JBL 100.4.

Doors and trunk are already deadened with SecondSkin Audio Damplifier and Damplifier Pro.

Here are some pics of the box build.

med_gallery_7996_445_4904.jpg

med_gallery_7996_445_26193.jpg

med_gallery_7996_445_14172.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of the pics. They come from my Blackberry camera phone ! :(

Here is a close look of the carbon fiber adhesive we used to have a nicer look !

med_gallery_7996_445_18505.jpg

enclosure looks nice :fing34:

Now look at the first box :

med_gallery_7996_445_1791.jpg

med_gallery_7996_445_1738.jpg

Only one finished box in the car:

med_gallery_7996_445_178.jpg

He will have the same second one in it too !!!

He will have to take the JBL amp on another side of the trunk !!!

Here is a pic of the 2 boxes side by side, before carpeting and ...

med_gallery_7996_445_26193.jpg

XCONS!!!! :fing34::fing34:

just curious whats to gain with separate enclosures? just more stability / rigidity? looks good :drink40:

P.S. Remember to take videos!

Box specs : 4 cu ft NET per sub. 30 Hz tuning, Double baffle, and Flush mount (3 pieces of wood : heavy as hell!!!)

big 45's on ALL corners; double flared port.

He still has a weak stock alternator, and a single Optima blue batt (4 years old !).

He's trying to get a new and more powerful alt.

He will buy 2 big XS batt this week locally.

I listened to only one box with 2000 watts, and I could hardly stay in the car !

The box is really efficient. He had a 3.7 cu ft box tuned to 32 hz lately, but this new box is INCREDIBLE !!!

A guy jumped out of the car when he heared the bass !!! This guy has a Pioneer spl 15" sub on a MTX 40001 amp(or so). He found the Xcon to hard for him, he is not used to so much bass on lower notes !!!!!!

We made a test with the 2 boxes in the car, but the amp we used was an IMPACT car audio 2800 (the digital rebel) giving 2200 watts at 1 ohm. It was so disappointing : we had to put some bass boost because it wasn't good at all. We had more bass with one sub on 2 Sundown saz 1000 than with the 2 subs on the Impact amp !!

Now my friend took everything off : he does not want to run any amp besides SUNDOWN : he loves this amp now, way more than he liked the Impact Digital Rebel !

I will take more pictures when everything is installed : maybe next week.

just curious whats to gain with separate enclosures? just more stability / rigidity? looks good trink40.gif

P.S. Remember to take videos!

More stability for sure. We did not use any bracing in the boxes.

We just bought the design like that, and we are very very happy with it. I trust ....JBLCam....

I don't know how we could have lift the box if it was a single one ! Soooo heavy !

For the videos, I don't know. Got to find a cam somewhere.

I will try to make a video with my phone first.

Oh, I know who can make a good video for you all, I will call him as soon as I can.

:woot:

great looking boxes. Do you have pics of the whole system installed yet? Or did I miss that?

The whole system is not installed yet. He is still working on it.

I will have pics as soon as I can. Don't worry !!!peepwall.gif

He need to order some ring connectors (0 and 4 ga), distribution blocks, fuses, and Damplifier for the roof.

BTW : I would love you to see our local car audio friends when we tell them it's absolutely not a SPL sub, and that we are not looking for db numbers, but for Quality !!!

They can really hear the quality of the sound system (from bass, to mids, to highs).fing34.gif

I forgot to add that we need some SSA stickers (and goodies)!!! peepwall.gif

Sundown Audio is already visible on the car , on the windshield and on a side. The 4 saz will be installed in front of the box, standing on a piece of mdf, just behind the seats. So, they will be visible when you open the door, or fold down the seats.

The JBL amps will be each on a side of the car, quite hidden though.

martinique as in the caribbean ?

in the 3rd pic is that 1 of those big hats rastafarians wear ? - no offense intended

boxes came out good & i bet those Xcons slam ! :fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

martinique as in the caribbean ?

in the 3rd pic is that 1 of those big hats rastafarians wear ? - no offense intended

boxes came out good & i bet those Xcons slam ! fing34.giffing34.giffing34.gif

Yeaaaah Maaaaan, Martinique in the French Caribbeans.Take a look : Martinique - Best Caribbean Islands, Caribbean Tourism, Best Caribbean Destination

And yes, the box builder / owner of the car is a Rastafarian for at least 15 years !!!

Nice build and you live on a beautiful island.

The install of the amps and subbox is quite finished. There is only the 2nd jbl amp left to install.

We found a bigger alternator for the car : a 120 amp one to replace the 80 a he has !

Next week is for battery shopping. The alt will be easy to put in place.

It sounds so good for now ! The mids and highs are still soooo clear and accurate.

The bass is insane. If you turn up the volume, you'd'better stay out of the car!!

I took some nice pics of it. I'll post them when I reach a pc (difficult to post pics with my phone ;) )

I forgot to say that with the poor electrical system, we can only play for a FEW minutes, watching the voltmeter!!! With engine on!

With the upcoming upgrades we hope for only a few minutes more. :)

Looks good! Like the blue carbon fiber!

trink40.gif