caintrain

Why is car audio so appealing.

Appreciate the re-welcome. I read a few of impious' posts and felt I might have a technical guy to talk with. But in getting involved I see a few technical guys. I miss that discussion over at CAF. Sadly the CAF heyday is gone...

But we do need to get Wiggins and Overpecker in here arguing. Their "discussions" were epic.

Thats funny you put it that way, I just realized I am in love with the technical side of car audio. Thanks.

Impious is a great guy to get tech advice from, that I know I can trust. Some days I feel like I am in kindergarten though.

For me, it's that I've always been a music fanatic. If I had any talent I'd probably be singing or playing an instrument in a band but sadly I have no talent for making music. However, I still LOVE to listen to it. I can't get away from car audio because I like to listen to my music on the same level in my vehicles as I do in my own house, both in loudness AND sound quality. I appreciate a "true as possible" reproduction of my music and with my vehicles it's not only nice to have that but a good amount of fun doing the work to get it. Not to mention that helping teach today's youth about right from wrong in car audio and how and why things work the way they do is fun and rewarding as well. Those are the reasons I can't get away from car audio.

For me, it's that I've always been a music fanatic. If I had any talent I'd probably be singing or playing an instrument in a band but sadly I have no talent for making music. However, I still LOVE to listen to it. I can't get away from car audio because I like to listen to my music on the same level in my vehicles as I do in my own house, both in loudness AND sound quality. I appreciate a "true as possible" reproduction of my music and with my vehicles it's not only nice to have that but a good amount of fun doing the work to get it. Not to mention that helping teach today's youth about right from wrong in car audio and how and why things work the way they do is fun and rewarding as well. Those are the reasons I can't get away from car audio.

I can agree with all of this. I listen to music from the time I wake up until I go to bed.

I Am ALSO A low voltage nutt and LOVE working on cars.

Appreciate the re-welcome. I read a few of impious' posts and felt I might have a technical guy to talk with. But in getting involved I see a few technical guys. I miss that discussion over at CAF. Sadly the CAF heyday is gone...

But we do need to get Wiggins and Overpecker in here arguing. Their "discussions" were epic.

Those were awesome. CAF has seemed like over the years it has mostly become an OT site with some heavy topics in there, with a sprinkling of car audio out in the audio sections from time to time, but few of those topics go very far or get into it that much.

Here, guys like Neal, Sean, Brad, Nick, etc etc. the list goes on, the technical aspects are not going to get lost, and people are going to learn as a collective as we go along. I feel SSA is clearly one of the premier sites when it comes to the educated, or experienced approach to working on a car audio system. We have so many people who join up and just lurk so they can read the discussions here.

<< Makes an SQ guy feel welcome ... Thanks SSA !!! :drink40:

Thats funny you put it that way, I just realized I am in love with the technical side of car audio. Thanks.

Impious is a great guy to get tech advice from, that I know I can trust. Some days I feel like I am in kindergarten though.

UPDATE: My wifey says I act like I am in kindergarten some days too.laugh.gif

to me bass is like xanax. when im stressed, mad, sad its soothing and calms me down. nothing like a good brain shaking.

plus it gives you the ability to piss people off, make people happy, and just suprise the shit outta people lol

my girlfriend hates it. it seems like the main time she wants to be on her phone is in the car and it pisses me off lol so i crank it on her lol

I simply love music. And most of the time- loud music. I don't like home audio because of neighbours and I just can't get enough bass. And you can share your music all around the country doing demos to random people at shows. Or just cruse around, not giving a fuck your neighbour will call the cops on you(even if I live in a house lol).

But mainly love. Ahhhhh ... women and music, can't live without 'em.

<< Makes an SQ guy feel welcome ... Thanks SSA !!! :drink40:

Always.

me it's the ability to get a girl wet on the way to the bar and have her ask the dj to turn it up it isnt loud enouph

You need bass to get a girl wet........... :gayhaaay1:

sounds like she likes the DJ to get her wet more than you :ohnoes9: she just usin u as foreplay!

DAMN!!!! hahaha

And Duran I do a 149.1 at 30Hz!! BISH

160 at 20 hz ;)

because drugs and hookers are illegal I must spend my money on something else