hatrix

Got a noise citation :(

When I'm home its the same for me. Residential area, it goes down. Stop light, same thing. In the city (not in the town) I'll leave it up, highway, back roads, same thing. I couldnt agree more, its like speeding. You do it, be ready to take the punishment.

J

Respect yourself and others. I can make lots of noise with my truck and my bike, but I choose to respectful and not do it around others.

Well this will not be in effect for too much longer, in Florida they are stating this law violates the 1st amendment. Slowly they are getting rid of this violation, always bump responsibly. I cant remember the name of the case in Florida or what county it was in but its on FloridaSPL.com.

Definitely wont happen asap, but who knows since people still bump at excessive volumes with there music.

I don't see how having a full on bumping system is violating anyone's first amendment rights. What is said in the lyrics might be protected, but not the booming bass that goes along with it. Also, who can hear the lyrics when all there is is boom?

People can get mad as much as they like, as ///M5 said, you choose to turn it up, be prepared to pay for it. You made the choice, now man up and accept the consequences. Plain and simple.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I think your misunderstanding. The law that says you can't have loud sounds be heard xx ft away violates YOUR first amendment right.

Clarified...and....

Really? How's that? What about that person violating other people's right to peace and quiet? Just what are you saying that's so important that it has to be accompanied by bass that can be heard from more then 75ft away?

No, with bass booming like that, you are disturbing the peace, and getting a ticket for it is not violating anyone's right to free speech. Get over it.

Also, unless the statute is written with a specific db level in mind, a officer will not have to have a db meter handy to issue the ticket. If it says 75ft, all he/she has to prove is they were 75ft away. For those who'll argue the are rolling with factory, and thus shouldn't get tickets, your statute will have to specify aftermarket only. Otherwise, you're screwed. The statute I write citations on clearly states 75ft and ANY amplified sound making equipment. Anything installed in a car has an amplifier, be it in the headunit, or a stand alone amplifier.

In short, take some responsibility with your system. Leave the windows up, leave the volume down a bit. Not everyone wants to hear your system, but if you must turn it up, don't bitch when you see my lights behind you.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

The statute I write citations on clearly states 75ft and ANY amplified sound making equipment. Anything installed in a car has an amplifier, be it in the headunit, or a stand alone amplifier.

I'm going to rock out with a Victrola and sneer. :P

i live in boston they give you more shit about ride height and exhaust than they do stereos which is nothing

I've seen lots of people on here saying "if that damn harley can go screaming down the street then i should be able to crank my system"

Well i've put 1,000 miles on one of those harleys. Vance and Hines pipes with no baffling. Guess what? I got a ticket for being too loud. Guess where it was? A freaking ramp onto the freeway. But no noise citations yet for the explorer. I don't really understand how people can keep it cranked up when pedestrians, homes, or other cars are around. I just feel... embarassed. Exception being the freeway. I'll bump when i'm there.

I've seen lots of people on here saying "if that damn harley can go screaming down the street then i should be able to crank my system"

Well i've put 1,000 miles on one of those harleys. Vance and Hines pipes with no baffling. Guess what? I got a ticket for being too loud. Guess where it was? A freaking ramp onto the freeway. But no noise citations yet for the explorer. I don't really understand how people can keep it cranked up when pedestrians, homes, or other cars are around. I just feel... embarassed. Exception being the freeway. I'll bump when i'm there.

Embarrassed ? Not me. I'm in my own little world.

I am respectful but i bump when there are people around I am prepared for the ticket and will bump to pay it and bump leaving. I turn it down at night and rd lights other than that its fair game. Like me coming throu for a min max is going to ruin somones whole day and if so buy ear muffs

interesting story with that one kirill, i got pulled over while driving for speeding and the cop came to the window and i was Playing hot Rod lincoln by Commander Cody and the cop started talking to me, license, registration, all normal. then he realized the song and told me to turn it up. Turns out he and his pappy used to listen to it all the time. I guess he liked it enough to let me go!! I was only going 3 over...

The statute I write citations on clearly states 75ft and ANY amplified sound making equipment. Anything installed in a car has an amplifier, be it in the headunit, or a stand alone amplifier.

I'm going to rock out with a Victrola and sneer. :P

Lmao, nice!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I think the noise ordinance should apply to everything and not just music. I'm so tired of listening to loud ass trucks with straight pipes and Harley's. Those people don't get pulled over so why should we? I have never gotten popped for my systems but I normal have the bass way down and don't bump at night or in neighborhoods. Rarely do I go full tilt. That and I am friends with a few of the cops here and 2 of them have systems themselves.

Down here in the south the cops will give tickets for loud pipes and bikes in a minute SPECIALLY myrtle beach during bike week hardcore about any type of sound.

cops here are too busy looking for ricers to bug me. drive an import with after market rims and they're all over ya.

I drive a truck, I get ignored. Damn it's nice.

Cops where i live to busy looking for illegals driving around to deport. so they ignore me

The only time I've gotten in any trouble with audio was when we were "testing" a friend's xA in the church parking lot and they could hear it half a mile away. The cops were cool about it though, we distracted one of them by talking about Toyotas, then they asked for a demo. He didn't even get to 20 (out of 35) on the head unit with the bass knob all the way down before they said that was enough, hahaha

With my own system, i've never had any cop troubles, probably partially because I don't have enough to annoy anyone unless I am right next to them. Either way, when I'm near a neighborhood or a stop light, my bass knob goes all the way down. My speakers might stay up, but only if my windows are up too. Like Frostedflakejake said, it's just a little embarrassing if people are staring at you or giving you evil stares.

Oddly I sometimes enjoy the stares... Not always though... I have gotten into a few back-and-forth pieces at red lights with people.. As I am not disrespectful during conversation, I just laugh and if they have the nerve to F-bomb me the music increases... Sometimes I ask the people smoking cigarettes to put them out if they say something about my music.. One person did, most just roll eyes and act like they are better than me.. I smile and say "Have a nice day, but I can't hear you anymore" .... What is a little more on the funny side is I have been rolling without bass for almost 8 months and still get this non-sense... Music is clear as a whistle and 60% of the time I am playing salsa music or some form of spanish music ... 20% indie hip-hop .. 10% rock .. 10% randomness..

I do however have respect when drive in a residential neighborhood windows go up or music goes down... Most of my daily driving is highway though so it is fair game...