swagger_wagon468

need info on OHM 's for Fi BTL . questions about future system. an

hello, first post.

i am hopefully getting a Fi BTL soon :D .

anyways, i am either gettin one 12" or one 15" probly a 15". they are 2000RMS. i can get either dual 2 or 1 ohm voic coils.(ohms is the main thing i dont get in car audio) now, which should i go with? dual 1 or 2 ohm? 2 ohm is more reliable right?

also, if i wer to go with dual 2 ohm...when looking for a amp, i would be looking for a amp with 2000 rms at 2ohm right? or would it be 4ohm at that point? (2ohm + 2ohm?) and for the dual 1ohm i would be looking for 2000rms at 2ohm?

AHH... so confused. plz help me with this. any opinions on amps is GREAT! i dont want to spend 1500$ on a amp. i need kinda a budget amp. but a GOOD amp.

CLUELESS when it comes to ohms.

sub info at: (im sure everyone knows the specs on Fi...but just incase)

Fi:

thanks

-jonathan

1. You would want to wire down to 1 ohm, You will need dual 2's. Also you will want an amplifier that runs down to one ohm.

2. You should really start off slow, You're picking up a lot of power it's like going from a pop gun to a desert eagle.

3. What is your budget, what electrical upgrades do you have (Batteries, High Output alternator, Big 3)?

4. The resistance of the coils (In ohms) do not dictate reliability. You have to make sure your amplifier can handle either 1 ohm or 2 ohms.

:werd_msword:

i'm gona say your not going to find and amp for 150 that will put out 2000rms + with an amp that size you will need to do some upgrades to your electrical big 3 for sure and 2nd battery if your alt isn't very big and maybe alternator upgrade if the 2nd battery dont cut it what does your electrical consist of already ?

hello, first post.

i am hopefully getting a Fi BTL soon :D .

anyways, i am either gettin one 12" or one 15" probly a 15". they are 2000RMS. i can get either dual 2 or 1 ohm voic coils.(ohms is the main thing i dont get in car audio) now, which should i go with? dual 1 or 2 ohm? 2 ohm is more reliable right?

also, if i wer to go with dual 2 ohm...when looking for a amp, i would be looking for a amp with 2000 rms at 2ohm right? or would it be 4ohm at that point? (2ohm + 2ohm?) and for the dual 1ohm i would be looking for 2000rms at 2ohm?

AHH... so confused. plz help me with this. any opinions on amps is GREAT! i dont want to spend 1500$ on a amp. i need kinda a budget amp. but a GOOD amp.

CLUELESS when it comes to ohms.

sub info at: (im sure everyone knows the specs on Fi...but just incase)

Fi:

thanks

-jonathan

well first off, no ohm load is more reliable, I would go for a dual 2 ohm so you can wire it down to 1 ohm. There arnt too many amps that do 2000 rms a 2 ohms. And before you go about getting a 2000 watt amp, do you have upgraded electrical like the big 3 1/0 gauge powerewire and a ho alternator. One amp I can recomend is a aq 2200d. The do rated and are at a price you can't complain about.

Hard to just jump into big power on a budget. If you skimp on things like electrical you will be sad in a hurry.

To run 2000w you will need 2 100ah batteries and that can cost you more then the amp. You dont have to buy the most expensive stuff to get loud but you do have to cover all your bases or you will spend twice as much replacing blown equipment.

Slow things down and enjoy the hobby.

1. You would want to wire down to 1 ohm, You will need dual 2's. Also you will want an amplifier that runs down to one ohm.

2. You should really start off slow, You're picking up a lot of power it's like going from a pop gun to a desert eagle.

3. What is your budget, what electrical upgrades do you have (Batteries, High Output alternator, Big 3)?

4. The resistance of the coils (In ohms) do not dictate reliability. You have to make sure your amplifier can handle either 1 ohm or 2 ohms.

:werd_msword: :werd_msword: :werd_msword: :werd_msword: :werd_msword: :werd_msword: :werd_msword:

thanks for all the responses.

i am looking at spending about $2k on my wholes system.

pioneer 7200hd deck $250

Fi BTL about $400

then everything else. amp for subs, amp for spekers, 2 sets of new speakers. (1 component set), box etc...

i have a conpletely stock electrical system as of now.

i have a 1994 Toyota Camry Wagon 3.0 V6. which all of this will be going into. now, how much do HO alts run? any links to one that would suit my needs? also, is and extra batt necessary?

thanks

-jonathan

Edited by swagger_wagon468

you really need to research some more before you buy anything. Is this your first system? if so you need to slow wayyy down. Search the forum, look around. READ. Learn. Before spending 2k on anything i would be researching for months. I can't stress this enough. 2k watts on a system is a lot; you have a lot to prep for, and obviously don't know the basics, so get to reading! :D

Here is a good site for electrical and lots of other stuff Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers

alts will run around 200 for a cheap one witch i don't recomend b/c i did that and it's costing me more in the end b/c it's not what i needed but check out dc alts they are what everyone will recomend here and price vairies around 400 for a 200amp.

and as for batteries deka intimidator is a good one for around 200/battery

ok, so you guys think i should get all the electrical upgrades done first?

like HO alt, and big 3? (would this be good to do now?)

and will a 2nd batt be necessary? if i get a HO alt...

i looked for a DC HO alt....and they have none for my 94 camry v6...not any Toyotas actually.

i went to .highoutputalternator.com and requested a quote for a HO alt for my car. it came up with a Denso 170amp alt. would this do the job?

and i have been reesearching for like 6 months. lookin around and stuff.

i want to atleast have the whole thing done by the new year.

i have a guy who owns a shop that my uncle knows. he will be installing it for me, for free.

thanks again.

Edited by swagger_wagon468

ok, so you guys think i should get all the electrical upgrades done first?

like HO alt, and big 3? (would this be good to do now?)

and will a 2nd batt be necessary? if i get a HO alt...

i looked for a DC HO alt....and they have none for my 94 camry v6...not any Toyotas actually.

i went to .highoutputalternator.com and requested a quote for a HO alt for my car. it came up with a Denso 170amp alt. would this do the job?

and i have been reesearching for like 6 months. lookin around and stuff.

i want to atleast have the whole thing done by the new year.

i have a guy who owns a shop that my uncle knows. he will be installing it for me, for free.

thanks again.

yes, a second battery will be necessary. Did you try calling DC power? or did you just search the website? Also look into getting a volt meter to monitor your voltage. I dont know if you mentioned this but whos building the enclosure? I would advise you to install it yourself because you cant learn better than doing things yourself :fing34:

i just searched. i will call tomoro.

im pretty sure they build boxes, is there specs that i should tell them b4 they build it? or is there i diagram somewhere i could give them? (thats best for the BTL)

and i REALLY wanna put it in myself. but a few reasons i dont,...

1. i dont wanna mess anything up. lol <-- if some of the knowledgable people on here were to help me out, i wouldnt worry bout this too much.

2. its my daily driver, and im in high school. so i do drive itevery day. and i work most weekends. ( i would be removing alot of interior to install right?)

3. i would DEFINATELY need help along the way. would you guys help me with my questions? i would be very greatful. i am on toyotanation.com aka TN (the biggest and bestest auto forums...for toyota/lexus/scion) and i am finding that most of the people on here are like my buds on TN. VERY helpful

thanks.

F.Y.I. A BTL setup from the ground up (head unit, electrical, amp, sub, wiring, fuses, box (even if you make your own), sound deadening) will cost around 3k. Mine did and i did skimp some corners here and there. My battery isn't the greatest out there, and i should have called DC to see if they could make an alt for my vehicle. But YES, you will need to get another battery in the back. For an amp, keep your eyes on the for sale section and craigslist for a Sundown Audio saz3000d. If you can't, i would suggest this Crescendo Audio :: Amplifers :: 3KWP Monoblock Amplifier they are out of stock untill september as you will read but i would highly suggest that as a replacement to the sundown.

F.Y.I. A BTL setup from the ground up (head unit, electrical, amp, sub, wiring, fuses, box (even if you make your own), sound deadening) will cost around 3k. Mine did and i did skimp some corners here and there. My battery isn't the greatest out there, and i should have called DC to see if they could make an alt for my vehicle. But YES, you will need to get another battery in the back. For an amp, keep your eyes on the for sale section and craigslist for a Sundown Audio saz3000d. If you can't, i would suggest this Crescendo Audio :: Amplifers :: 3KWP Monoblock Amplifier they are out of stock untill september as you will read but i would highly suggest that as a replacement to the sundown.

really good amp, but why not start with a smaller amp. Maybe a Sundown 1500D or even a 1000D. I was listening to a 15 BTL/sundown 1000D in a trunk with non foldable back seats yesterday and that got loud enough..just a thought.

If this is your first build, personaly I would star smaller. Like an fi bl on 1000 watts. There is alot more work involved in a high watage soundsytem than you might think

If this is your first build, personaly I would star smaller. Like an fi bl on 1000 watts. There is alot more work involved in a high watage soundsytem than you might think

That's a good advice !!!

A Btl for your first setup on a budget ? It's too much...

Get a Fi Bl (DVC2), and a 1000-1500 watts amp : Sundown has some good refurbished / used amps with warranty. With the money you'll save on amp and sub, you can have a wonderful box built by some of the great builders here on the forum.

You only need ONE set of speakers(component set) on your front doors, with a 2 x 100 watts rms amplifier.

For cheaper amps, look into Audiopipe , Audioque, Clarion, MBQuart, ...

With about 1200 watts rms, you won't need a HO alt, just the Big3 in 0 ga.

Just watch your voltage on a voltmeter to see if you need upgrades.

ok..thanks for all the responses

. i see that everyone is sayiing... "go smaller" "start off with a smaller systm" etc etc...

thing is, i dont wanna buy a smaller system and then want to upgrade later... i just want to go all the way to what i would like.

i kno i dont kno everything about car audio. but hopefully i will kno far more by christmas(when i plan on doing all of this.)

and i DO want to install myself... would you guys be willing to help me as needed? that would be great.

so... i will want to do the Fi BTL. (12 or 15"?..thoughts?)

i dont mind doing it steps at a time.

what would be a good order to do it in?

1-HO alt

2- big 3

3-headunit

4-component speakers with 2x100 watt amp

5- Fi BTL with box and amp

6-dynamat

sound good?

thanks

-jonathan

. i see that everyone is sayiing... "go smaller" "start off with a smaller systm" etc etc...

thing is, i dont wanna buy a smaller system and then want to upgrade later... i just want to go all the way to what i would like.

i kno i dont kno everything about car audio. but hopefully i will kno far more by christmas(when i plan on doing all of this.)

and i DO want to install myself... would you guys be willing to help me as needed? that would be great.

1-HO alt

2- big 3

3-headunit

6-dynamat

sound good?

thanks

-jonathan

Problem is......You can't do it on a budget. If you start off with a smaller system and you make mistakes( which you will being your first one) then they are cheaper fixes. Also when you plan TOO BIG on the first one and you skimp on the necessary small things, then it will not be what you want in the end.

TAKE THE ADVICE, START SMALLER....A BL on 1000 watts sounds great and it is a way above average system!

You could get a BL d1 and an audioque 2200D and then wire the sub at 2 ohms for 1300watts rms. then once you get enough money for h/o alt 2nd batt and all the other electrical upgrades then go out and buy a 2nd bl d1 then wire it all down to 1 ohm for 2200watts rms. but youd have to build a box for two subs and replace it with the single

1-HO alt

2- big 3

3-headunit

6-dynamat

sound good?

thanks

-jonathan

Problem is......You can't do it on a budget. If you start off with a smaller system and you make mistakes( which you will being your first one) then they are cheaper fixes. Also when you plan TOO BIG on the first one and you skimp on the necessary small things, then it will not be what you want in the end.

TAKE THE ADVICE, START SMALLER....A BL on 1000 watts sounds great and it is a way above average system!

i dont really plan on doing on a budget...i mean, 3k$ sounds fine(as sumone stated above for their whole cost). that was just my way of saying i want a good, reliable amp for the best price. i dont plan on skimping out on anything. like i said, i dont mind doing it in steps.

i realize i could screw up some things. but if i have you guys to help me(which i am hoping that you guys would), and i go little at a time, how can i do that much screwing up?

i wouldnt mind starting w/ a smaller system...but i just cant see payin for a BL with amp...then eventually buying a BTL with yet another amp.

so if i seem like a stuborn ass, im sorry. i really do appriciate all of the advise. can you guys see what im tryin to say? it is VERY OBVIOUS that almost each and every one of you are extremely knowlegeable. i just want to do the system that i want to end up with in the end... first. not go thru sytem after system.

assuming i DO do the BTL, is the above list a good order of stuff to do? or maybe dont do the HO alt and BIG 3 untill right b4 i get the sub and amp?

thanks everyone.

-jonathan

1. Purchase your BTL, since it takes time to build the woofer.

2. All your electrical upgrades first. Deka intimidator batteries are good. I'd suggest a xs power d3100( little more expensive but a lot better. High output alternator, big 3 in 1/0 and finally a run of 1/0 to the rear.

3. Buy an amplifier, like said Above the sundown amps are killer I'd suggest a saz-2500. For the mids/highs I'd suggest a 125.2.

4. Buy/ build a box to the recommended specs.

5. Get all assorted necessities on a as needed basis such as headunit, speakers, volt meter, etc.

Where do you live? A lot of us are willing to help out a fellow SSA member for free or for just a good meal ;).

1. Purchase your BTL, since it takes time to build the woofer.

2. All your electrical upgrades first. Deka intimidator batteries are good. I'd suggest a xs power d3100( little more expensive but a lot better. High output alternator, big 3 in 1/0 and finally a run of 1/0 to the rear.

3. Buy an amplifier, like said Above the sundown amps are killer I'd suggest a saz-2500. For the mids/highs I'd suggest a 125.2.

4. Buy/ build a box to the recommended specs.

5. Get all assorted necessities on a as needed basis such as headunit, speakers, volt meter, etc.

Where do you live? A lot of us are willing to help out a fellow SSA member for free or for just a good meal ;).

hmm, is the list u wrote up in order of 1st to last? if so, u suggest buying the BTL first? what if i buy it, and a few months later when i want to install it... its not working properly? (highly doubt it...but what if..?) thats why i was thinkin of getting it last. and it only takes like a week to build right?

also, it says the saz-2500 amp is like $1299 msrp. thats the typical price for them?

as for the batts, i would need two of these xs d3100's?

and i live in Newnan GA. its about 20-30 min south of Atlanta. it sould be great if sumone could help me put locally :)

thanks for ur help man. ALOT!

-jonathan

You can go ahead and order the BTL first. If its is just sitting in its box it incredibly unlikely(lightning striking a lottery winner unlikely) that it will cease to work while just sitting.

The SAZ 2500d is $615 in the SSA store.

Two XS D3100's should do fine but only way to know for sure is to get a voltmeter and watch for it to drop. Also you should do the Big 3.