Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot's Yukon XL - UPDATE 18" ZCONS / 4 GP3k Page 27

Looking great! Maybe I may get to hear this monster the next time I get down your way.

Holy crap man, those pods look great! Love the idea of the Aperiodic membrane install!

Keep up the great work!

:drink40:

Thanks man. :drink40:

Aperiodic enclosure "sounds" like a good idea, but I dun know. lol

Looking great! Maybe I may get to hear this monster the next time I get down your way.

Yeah buddy! :drink40:

And I thought the last install was nuts. :trippy: The pods look good. As far as vinyl wrapping, just remenber that a good hair drier or a low powered heat gun is your friend.

And I thought the last install was nuts. :trippy: The pods look good. As far as vinyl wrapping, just remenber that a good hair drier or a low powered heat gun is your friend.

And some REALLY tacky glue.

Thanks guys!

I bought a heat gun at harbor freight on the cheap so I got that covered

As far as glue I bought some 3M in a spray can, but I am not sure that is what I need.

What do you guys use for glue? I don't have an air compressor or spray gun, so it would have to be can or brush on.

Thanks guys!

As far as glue I bought some 3M in a spray can, but I am not sure that is what I need.

What do you guys use for glue? I don't have an air compressor or spray gun, so it would have to be can or brush on.

41Spjpkk6WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The 77m was too weak. I ended up using the 3m 'Super Trim adhesive'

Make sure its the "SUPER" cause they make other strengths in the same looking can.

Thanks guys!

41Spjpkk6WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The 77m was too weak. I ended up using the 3m 'Super Trim adhesive'

Make sure its the "SUPER" cause they make other strengths in the same looking can.

I agree that the 77m is not the route to go. The 3M 80/90 is better, but only marginally. It will let go at some point (been there, done that). I use some stuff a friend of mine has that comes in a 5 gallon bucket, is a funky orange color and will make you higher than a kite ( :werd_msword: ) while working in his 40x60 shop. He buys it at a local fabric/interior design/auto covering supplier. Of course, I just "borrow" some of his. :peepwall: I always use his sprayer, but I think if you could buy it in smaller quanties you could brush it on. Heck a local supplier might be able to make you up some small quanity spray cans of some really good adhesive. :shrug: I know a couple of local auto body supply shops do it with paint. Couldn't hurt to check.

That is the exact stuff I bought. Cool deal.

Can I get high on this one too? lol

As 6appeal stated that even this glue can and will release over time. I used hot glue on the back of the pod around the edges to help combat this. secondly the vinyl must have tension from all directions not to bubble. The 80/90 is kinda like contact cement in a can, SO I am sure you could probably catch a buzzzzzz.

Here we go with the rear doors.

Going to wrap these today hopefully. I was planing to try and install tomorrow, but my speaker wire didnt show. :(

Damn you USPS.

On with the pics:

The pods

dscf24934213317.jpg

dscf24944270922.jpg

With drivers

dscf24984333229.jpg

dscf24994348380.jpg

Loaded

dscf24924195905.jpg

On the door

dscf24964296721.jpg

And for tonight

Go Gamecocks, Fight, Win, Kick Ass!

38036651ei5.png

Damn, and I thought the front pods looked good!! Excellent work!! :drink40: Can't wait to see them covered, but they look Awesome like they are!! :popcorn:

Beautiful craftmenship Lance!!!!!!

Definetly can't wait to see how the vinyl turns out.:captain:

Damn, and I thought the front pods looked good!! Excellent work!! :drink40: Can't wait to see them covered, but they look Awesome like they are!! :popcorn:

Thank you Sir! I really appreciate the kind words.

Beautiful craftmenship Lance!!!!!!

Definetly can't wait to see how the vinyl turns out.:captain:

Thanks Bro, should be interesting that's for sure. Hopefully I can pull it off. if not, there's always paint............ :peepwall:

I honestly vote skipping the vinyl and just go for the paint. I say this from personal experience. Good luck which ever way you go.

I honestly vote skipping the vinyl and just go for the paint. I say this from personal experience. Good luck which ever way you go.

See now, this ^ is not helping.

I am going to try the vinyl because I have not done it before. I am hard headed like that. If it turns into an epic fail, well paint it is. lol

I have no doubt that you can do the vinyl. :peepwall: You will definetly learn the tricks real quick once you give it a try.

Another little update for you bassheads. Got my box design from the master last night. Thank you Dylan, you are the MAN!~

How about that shit? :woot:

cornernosize6805704.jpg

portnosize6813415.jpg

Hope to start on this next week!

Box is awesome, love the design. You already know how I feel about the drivers :droolcup: and the pods are nice man. I would paint them as well, they look way to fresh to cover with vinyl bro but its your decision. You wanna do mine next? :eek5wavey:

Nice design!! Not the norm which makes it!! Damn that Yukon is goin to be LOUD!!

Because me and Sir Lancelot are different from the norm :peepwall:

FAN TAS TIC !

I love the doors. Vynil or paint? Both will look good when you finish them!

We need your skills in Martinique !!! All I can see is horrible work, locally.

You do this for a living, don't you ? !!

That car is gonna be noisy !