Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot's Yukon XL - UPDATE 18" ZCONS / 4 GP3k Page 27

I dig the seat covers bro

I dig the seat covers bro

Yeah, cool!

I want to go see one in person, but they do look nice in the pic. Other pics they are darker tan so should flow pretty good. I think I could paint some of the plastic and make it look better too.

schweet!!!! Looks great, I hope to get to hear this set up one day :morepower1:

Thanks buddy, I appreciate that.

Tell you what, I will meet you half way, lets say Atlanta Georgia. lol

More like texas lol

The pods came out great!! I love the way they look installed!! I think the vinyl is good enough for the girls you know!!!!! :dancing:

Looking forward to seeing some progress on the box. :popcorn:

More like texas lol

:ughdunno: lol

The pods came out great!! I love the way they look installed!! I think the vinyl is good enough for the girls you know!!!!! :dancing:

Looking forward to seeing some progress on the box. :popcorn:

Thank you man. You did try to warn me about the vinyl. :suicide-santa:

I am looking forward to making progress on the box. :fing34:

Lookin good. glad they sound as good and better than expected. Waiting on the box build!

Love the way the pods are installed. They have a great presence with the doors open, then when the doors are closed they have a smooth flow with the interior. Seat color choice would be great combining the tan with black as a base color then the pods would be a reflection of that. Tremendous work!!!!! Thanks for the fine example of what can be created with patience and a willingness to work outside the box! :fing34::fing34:

Look great, I would just be scared of the mid's getting kicked.

These are the seat covers. What do you think?

2530_tan.jpg

Nice. I want to do some Katskinz leather in my truck that will mimic the Gray/Black that's in my GN's.

These tweeters look nice, how do you like them ?

You're coming from Dynaudio ? Do you really feel like you lost some quality in your mids&highs ?

I'm so jealous of your install !!!

Congrats !

Waiting for the subs install.

:popcorn::dancing:

Love the way the pods are installed. They have a great presence with the doors open, then when the doors are closed they have a smooth flow with the interior. Seat color choice would be great combining the tan with black as a base color then the pods would be a reflection of that. Tremendous work!!!!! Thanks for the fine example of what can be created with patience and a willingness to work outside the box! :fing34::fing34:

Thank you Sir! That means a lot coming from you as I have much respect for you and your build.

Lookin good. glad they sound as good and better than expected. Waiting on the box build!

Thanks Brotha. Hopefully the box will start this week.

Look great, I would just be scared of the mid's getting kicked.

Thanks Denim. I have some grills on order for the front from parts express, but the rear I have no idea as they are a funky shape. Never seen a grill for that. lol If I had thought it out, i would have cut the base for the pod a little bigger and put a larger grill over that. Oh well, it is what it is for now.

Nice. I want to do some Katskinz leather in my truck that will mimic the Gray/Black that's in my GN's.

I like gray black better, but too much plastic to paint on mine. Black and tan it is. Katskinz = out of my budget for this one. :(

These tweeters look nice, how do you like them ?

You're coming from Dynaudio ? Do you really feel like you lost some quality in your mids&highs ?

I'm so jealous of your install !!!

Congrats !

Waiting for the subs install.

:popcorn::dancing:

Thanks Buddy!

I like them pretty good. They get loud and have a nice sound.

Yeah I was running the Dynaudio 362 and I lOVED them, but they were too laid back for this type of install. My sub stage with the 2 18's was too much for them, and will be adding 2 more. I didnt change because i didnt like the Dyns, I changed because I had to if I wanted to hear vocals. lol

The Dyns are still the nicest set of comps I have ever owned and hopefully one day I can find them a new home in a SQ build.

Love the progress! The pods look great! Would love to hear this beast as well!

I'm ready to see some MDF dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :popcorn:

Ha Ha, me too. :dancing:

Love the progress! The pods look great! Would love to hear this beast as well!

Thank you Sir. Would Atlanta be half way for you too? lol

i want to hear bad--- ill give you a demo in mine -- even though your pods will probably be louder than my whole system :suicide-santa:

Awesome build. I've been watching for a while now.

That Yokon looks like it's got an attitude, nice ride.

I've always wondered what proaudio drivers sound like compared to components.

I may have to try some out and see for myself.

Keep up the great work.

Is the vinyl you're using flanel backed or marine vinyl?

I ask because the flanel backed is much easier to stretch.

i want to hear bad--- ill give you a demo in mine -- even though your pods will probably be louder than my whole system :suicide-santa:

Anytime bro. I am just down the road from you in Florence.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks man!! I appreciate that.

Pro audio drivers are different from car components for sure. The benefit is they are so damn sensitive and get stupid loud. The vocals are very clear and the B&C have some nice midbass too.

I think the B&C mids could be an excellent SQ driver if mated up with a nice set of horns. Honestly I just wanted something that would get loud and still sound good at low volume too. So far so good.

Really just buy a set and try them. You don't have to spend a whole bunch just to see if you like the sound. I bought some Selenium to test and decided it was something that would work for my goals and then went with the B&C. I will prolly put the Selenium up for sale on the low here one day.

It was not flannel backed I don't believe tho it did have a backing. It was kinda stretchy but almost too think to pull hard on or it would deform and have pull marks. I would guess it is marine vinyl or it at least looks like boat seats would. I did find some that was very stretchy but could not find a color I liked. Guess like everything else trial and error until you find something that works best.

Anytime bro. I am just down the road from you in Florence.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks man!! I appreciate that.

Pro audio drivers are different from car components for sure. The benefit is they are so damn sensitive and get stupid loud. The vocals are very clear and the B&C have some nice midbass too.

I think the B&C mids could be an excellent SQ driver if mated up with a nice set of horns. Honestly I just wanted something that would get loud and still sound good at low volume too. So far so good.

Really just buy a set and try them. You don't have to spend a whole bunch just to see if you like the sound. I bought some Selenium to test and decided it was something that would work for my goals and then went with the B&C. I will probably put the Selenium up for sale on the low here one day.

It was not flannel backed I don't believe tho it did have a backing. It was kinda stretchy but almost too think to pull hard on or it would deform and have pull marks. I would guess it is marine vinyl or it at least looks like boat seats would. I did find some that was very stretchy but could not find a color I liked. Guess like everything else trial and error until you find something that works best.

My front stage is still in the air, I'm working on the subs/amp rack at the moment.

I'll have to do some reading about pro audio drivers.

If the vinyl is marine vinyl it will have a thick white grid/mesh on the back, it only "likes" to stretch in one direction.

Flanel backed has batting on the back and will stretch in any direction easier, but it stretches so well it gets pretty thin when conforming to a panel like yours.

Your panels turned out great! Keep it up!

My front stage is still in the air, I'm working on the subs/amp rack at the moment.

I'll have to do some reading about pro audio drivers.

If the vinyl is marine vinyl it will have a thick white grid/mesh on the back, it only "likes" to stretch in one direction.

Flanel backed has batting on the back and will stretch in any direction easier, but it stretches so well it gets pretty thin when conforming to a panel like yours.

Your panels turned out great! Keep it up!

Then that is exactly what I used, marine vinyl. That described it perfectly.

Maybe I will try flannel backing when I recover them down the road.

Thanks buddy!

I got to hear this in person today, all I can say is WOW. Excellent work for sure, really made me think about my anemic front stage. The XCONs sounded fantastic, I mean really really good. Extremely loud too :) Honestly I was so impressed if I was in the market for a sub in this power range they would be my next choice.