Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot's Yukon XL - UPDATE 18" ZCONS / 4 GP3k Page 27

sweet Jesus that's nice Jigsaw work! Tell me you're using a circular saw or table saw on the big cuts? If not you've got some good freehand skills for sure :drink40: Looking good regardless, should be a beast of a box.

sweet Jesus that's nice Jigsaw work! Tell me you're using a circular saw or table saw on the big cuts? If not you've got some good freehand skills for sure :drink40: Looking good regardless, should be a beast of a box.

Ha Ha, no I didnt make the big cuts with a jig saw. Skill saw with a nice carbide blade for those. I dont have a garage or shop anymore so i dont have anywhere to put a table saw. If I did, you can bet your ass I would have used it on the really long cuts. Lots of measuring to make sure my guide is straight this way.

Thanks man.

:drink40:

:bigok:

Very nice woodworking with the hand tools!

The vinyl should be a real nice touch.

I think so too. Trying to pull off the tan and black theme like the doors and soon to be seats.

:fing34::fing34: Got the ice broken on that enclosure!!! Lookin' real nice!!! I'm with ya on the tan and black theme, will look sick and really rich!!!

:bigok:

Very nice woodworking with the hand tools!

Thanks buddy!

The vinyl should be a real nice touch.

I think so too. Trying to pull off the tan and black theme like the doors and soon to be seats.

:fing34::fing34: Got the ice broken on that enclosure!!! Lookin' real nice!!! I'm with ya on the tan and black theme, will look sick and really rich!!!

Yes Sir and Thank you! I am feeling it too bro. I went to see the seat covers and they are damn nice and the price is good on them too. Going to jump on them once the subs are installed.

I got a good bit more done, will take some pics for you guys tomorrow. This damn thing is HEAVY! Good thing I don't want any more kids. lol

So I have been hard at it the past couple days after work and the box is getting there.

Yes, my wife is pissed that her porch is my workshop. She will get over it. lol

In the first pics, I had already removed my clamps and such, but ran another bead of glue around the edges. I wish I was that fast that I could glue all that at one time. :drink40:

Here are some new pics.............

dscf25930486128.jpg

dscf25940497331.jpg

dscf26020582308.jpg

dscf26110633916.jpg

Cut out the port and finished painting the inside. I thought i was being smart and was going to cut the port out and save the little piece in the middle, but when i started cutting I realized that was a bad idea. Really bad. The double layer 3/4 glued was wearing out my jig saw blades like crazy. I was advised to cut the LH & RH and glue the 2 pieces to the box, but Noooooooooo, I was going to do it my way. After MANY hours sanding, I realized that I really dont know it all. lol :ughdunno:

I will take some better pics tomorrow when it's light out again, but it turned out pretty nice.

dscf26120643881.jpg

dscf26130654447.jpg

dscf26140664598.jpg

dscf26150674550.jpg

I have all 3 baffles cut out and the 2 bottom glued together and I will get those and the brace for the middle of the port glued in tomorrow.

That will finish off the box except for covering it.

That leaves the battery box, amp rack, and pulling another run of positive and negative to the back.

going to start on those tomorrow.

:morepower1:

Looks nice, all white inside :woot:

I like it

A lot of work right there!! How many sheets of MDF are in that?? Got Muscles?? Looks heavy, not to mention the Quad XCONs!! :drink40:

I am debating painting just the port a gloss black. The wife says no, but I dun no.

I like it

Thank you Sir!

A lot of work right there!! How many sheets of MDF are in that?? Got Muscles?? Looks heavy, not to mention the Quad XCONs!! :drink40:

It took dang near all of 5 sheets. Yeah, it is very heavy, like bust you nuts heavy. I think we will have to put the subs in after it's in the truck.

I am debating painting just the port a gloss black. The wife says no, but I dun no.

If you cover in a tan covering the black would keep with your theme, of course the white would give a nice glow with a few LEDs in there.

If you cover in a tan covering the black would keep with your theme, of course the white would give a nice glow with a few LEDs in there.

See you know where I am going with this. I think the port, just the port black and the inside of the box white with LED's would look nice. That's why I went with the white inside so the light would be more reflective off the inside. You have a good eye and I respect your opinion, so I think the boys win this one and the port gets painted black. :drink40:

Looking real nice. I want vids when this thing is in action.

Thank you.

Yes Sir, I will post up a vid for sure.

:dancing:

You're kicking some serious ass there Sir-Lance !!!! :woot:

Enclosure looks damn good.

Keep up the great work, you'll be hammering before you know it.

Awesome build. How did you prep the wood before paint?Did you use spray paint?

You mentioned that Dylan designed the enclosure fir you. How can I contact Dylan?

Thanks!

Edited by edouble101

Thanks Buddy. Wont be long now...... :dancing:

You mentioned that Dylan designed the enclosure fir you. How can I contact Dylan?

Thanks!

Thank you!

Ha Ha the white paint is the prep. I used an oil based primer on it. I have never been a fan of spray paint and I prefer to brush or roll paint on. Easier, costs less, and better results IMO.

If you take an interior piece into say Sherwin Williams, they will color match if for you too. All that said, I will spray a gloss clear coat on the inside to slick it up a little bit and give it some shine.

Send a pm to JBLCAMRY.

Thanks Buddy. Wont be long now...... :dancing:

Thanks!

Thank you. I forgot to mention your fiberglass skills.......wow!

Thank you!

Ha Ha the white paint is the prep. I used an oil based primer on it. I have never been a fan of spray paint and I prefer to brush or roll paint on. Easier, costs less, and better results IMO.

If you take an interior piece into say Sherwin Williams, they will color match if for you too. All that said, I will spray a gloss clear coat on the inside to slick it up a little bit and give it some shine.

Send a pm to JBLCAMRY.

See you know where I am going with this. I think the port, just the port black and the inside of the box white with LED's would look nice. That's why I went with the white inside so the light would be more reflective off the inside. You have a good eye and I respect your opinion, so I think the boys win this one and the port gets painted black. :drink40:

Tell the wife sorry, You are the Man!!!! Carry-on and can't wait to see the results!!!!

If you havn't decided on LEDs I can link if you need options.

Tell the wife sorry, You are the Man!!!! Carry-on and can't wait to see the results!!!!

If you havn't decided on LEDs I can link if you need options.

Eh, she knows how I roll. lol Going outside in a few to get back to work and start on the battery box / amp rack. :morepower1:

Yeah, please link me if you dont mind.

Made some progress, shitty nighttime shots, but here are some pics......

dscf26163803477.jpg

dscf26243881251.jpg

dscf26263898631.jpg

dscf26173843216.jpg

Tomorrow I will sand and cover in vinyl.

:dancing:

holy SHIT that turned out great! You do nice work man.

Thanks Buddy!

It's getting there. Hopefully a another week............... :rockwoot:

:djparty:

:attempt: I want that box

:attempt: I want that box

You can haz it!

I am going to put the kids in it and play whack a mole. lol