Stu55

Silverado Ext. Cab

I have a silverado extended cab and was wondering how you guys think this would sound with 2 ssd 10" powered by 900 watts rms @ 2 ohms

http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Sub-Boxes/Silverado-Sierra-Extended-Cab/99-06-GM-Extended-Cab-Dual-10-Downfire-With-Amp-Space.html

The volume is more than what is recommended for the subs, would that be bad?

No clue how it would sound. I'm sure it would be fine though. Bigger box just means you need less power to get it to perform. Fi says .2-.4 per sub. Sub displacement is .12. So the sub will see . 58 cubes. Not that much bigger. You should be just fine running 450 to each.

I was looking at those atrends and they look nice but I sort of like the amp rack right there on the box.

Thanks guys, seems like a plan is coming together...

What year silverado ?? going for high spl or just sound good and loud ?? You going to keep your rear seat or is the enclosure going under the rear seat ??

2000 Silverado, I just want good loud sound, I'm not going for huge SPL numbers, and I'm not a huge SQ guy...yet, monetary reasons, lol...someday though. That enclosure I listed fits right underneath the back seat. I might later get an amp to supply them each 800 watts...we'll see.

I like the looks of the SubThump box! Sounds like a good plan!

ive got a 1996 ecsb and Im starting the process from scratch keep you posted

I cut my back wall to get the sound I was looking for. Not sure if yall would want to do that.

Click on the name of my truck on my sig to see my Car Domain profile. Thanks ...

Ordered the subs and the enclosure, what would be a good amp to give those more power without destroying the ol' bank, preferably below $350? I am sure it is going to sound good with the 900 I am giving them now, but, I am always hungry for more :ohnoes9:

I wouldn't put a sub woofer in a enclosure bigger then the company recommend... unless its been proven to sound better.

run them at 1ohm or do you already have the subs?

You can epoxy some MDF inside the box to take up volume.

I ordered the dual 2 ohm models...was that a mistake?....

hmm thinking about emailing to change it to dual 1 ohms....

Edited by Stu55

I wouldn't put a sub woofer in a enclosure bigger then the company recommend... unless its been proven to sound better.

Better than the opposite. It is REALLY easy to take up volume and pretty much impossible to make it if you don't have enough.

Little update, due to unforseen circumstances, I am getting Q's instead of ssds...:), should be here monday, and I may be selling my current setup with the amp tomorrow, so I am still looking for suggestions for an amp...I would really like a saz-1500, but thats just a bit too expensive for me, I would really like to keep it below $400...

Maybe a saz-1200...unless there is something mo' better in that price range for more power

Edited by Stu55

Ok so I have everything and it's all hooked up, but it does not sound right and I was wondering if I had this wired correctly?

IMG-20101016-00011.jpg

I have it wired according to this...http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp~Q~2~I~12