hove

Hove's Rebuild #3

Sorry Hove, I did not mean to take your topic off track. Good luck with the build I will be tuned in.

No worries. I know where you are coming from. I understand everyone's point about PSI. I like to try new and diffrent things. I am going with PSI because they seem like a decent woofer for a good price. I just wanted to hear them my self because alot of people i know are cerious also, so since I am doing a rebuild I went ahead and ordered the PSI for my personal experience and to help out some other's who have questions and is cerious about PSI also.

Plus theres are only temperory, I will be upgrading to Argent Audio sub's when they are available

:fing34:

A LITTLE update.... I did a LITTLE more work yesterday. I am redoing all my wires from my previous build, checking everything twice making sure it's perfect. I am trying to pin point my idle voltage drop issue. I redid my big 3 yesterday double up all my grounds and 2 runs of power from alternator to battery.

The HO alt i originally received from DC was black and white powder coat but they accidentally sent me the wrong casing... I didn't wait to wait any longer so I just went ahead and had them send me a regular one with no color. makes no difference to me lol.

2010-10-21095957.jpg

2010-10-21100937.jpg

2010-10-21100958.jpg

9fe8b1b2.jpg

double stands from frame to battery

efdde5c6.jpg

Under the car where i connected the grounds to the frame. The nut was to big for the ring terminal's and due to lack of the right tools i had to sit there for a half and drill the holes bigger lol

d7cf11ee.jpg

double short run's 6ish" from battery to frame

936e6566.jpg

More pics to come I forgot to take some

Update, I am pretty much ready for my box and sub's to come in, I will be up and bumping. I am fairly pleased with the way this turned out so far let's hope it sounds good lol

on to some pics

259f5da2.jpg

I will be moving this ground if my box get's in the way

67e36728.jpg

I order all matching wires and of course i forget to get some blue 4 gauge :(

9c428cbf.jpg

How do you guys think the amps look? should I change it around?

46dfc60e.jpg

Coming through the firewall

a67bb87d.jpg

I cut inside the foam so the wire can fit right through and flush

225c14d4.jpg

7d20c837.jpg

More wires!!! :sleepwerd4:

fa62ac03.jpg

85f3d3ea.jpg

76eeafe7.jpg

ad02f3aa.jpg

Still more to come. Sorry i didn't take pics during the install. it was 40 degrees out and i was in work mode lol

Still have to figure something out with my super tweeters :suicide-santa:

looks great for having three massive amps in the back! i bet it was a pain running all that 1/0 through the vehicle

looks great for having three massive amps in the back! i bet it was a pain running all that 1/0 through the vehicle

Thanks bro, I am gonna drive out to Kzoo so i can kick it with you guy's when it's done and do some damage lol

It wasn't that bad to do the wiring it was just cold!!!!!

Thanks bro, I am gonna drive out to Kzoo so i can kick it with you guy's when it's done and do some damage lol

yeah forsure. We will have to meet up more this upcoming summer and go to events. Even though I sold all my gear and went smaller

Came home to a surprise today when i opened the garage. I didn't recieve a tacking # for these lol... I personally like not getting it makes it that more exciting!!! :dancing: :dancing:

315b1007.jpg

87fa8b6d.jpg

d7a09c77.jpg

48b4167b.jpg

7878129e.jpg

Noice :morepower1:

Sexy basket.

:WTFBubble:

Love the double runs of 1/0 for all the connections under the hood. Great lookin' mids!! I can understand the tweeter delema, in the pictures they don't look big, but once you start lookin at the measurements it's like damn were's that gonna go? Great/funny vid by the way!!! Interested in how you adapt to the tweeter size.

Nice build.

Serious work.

Did not understand how many saz 2500 you will use : 2. 3 or 4 ? Your PSI subs are strong enough for so much power ? Did not know that. But you're coming from Nightshades 18" !!!

Nice build.

Serious work.

Did not understand how many saz 2500 you will use : 2. 3 or 4 ? Your PSI subs are strong enough for so much power ? Did not know that. But you're coming from Nightshades 18" !!!

He is running 2-2500D's and one 100.4, he didnt get the nightshades since Jacob was out of motors. Why wouldnt his subs be strong enough for his amps? His subs are customized for his application (power needs and enclosure size).

Looks great. I'm in Kalamazoo. I want to hear this in person when its done!

Love the double runs of 1/0 for all the connections under the hood. Great lookin' mids!! I can understand the tweeter delema, in the pictures they don't look big, but once you start lookin at the measurements it's like damn were's that gonna go? Great/funny vid by the way!!! Interested in how you adapt to the tweeter size.

Since i don't have any speakers in the back door. I am gonna take a 6.5 ring with out the cut out in the middle... and just cut it out so the tweeter will fit and mount it in my back door's. Should work and be a good idea lol

Nice build.

Serious work.

Like jay-cee said exactly. If i am not pleased with the psi sub's I will get nightshade v2's when the motors in stock

Looks great. I'm in Kalamazoo. I want to hear this in person when its done!

For sure man, shoot me a PM with your number. I might be out this weekend

Looks great! Nice choice in amps and batts!

Looking good bro. I'm eager to hear what your impressions of those PSI subs are.

great looking build Hove. I'm from the area and would love to see this setup some time let alone hear it.

looking good hove.....

i am super impressed with your approach from start to finish.....

you continue to show a true dedication to wanting to improve every aspect of your build!

I hope that we can meet up for the Carl Casper show in Feb. located in Lousisville, KY.

will be excited to see the enclosure installed in there......

chop

Thanks chop!! I will try and be there!!!!

As far as an update.... Eveerything is all done just waiting for a enclosure. It was supposed to be early this month and of corse it didn't happen.

Weak Sauce son :ohnoes9: