slo2sixty

Warranty for SSD?

..and clipping the piss out of it..

That too :lol:

What amp where you using and whats it rated at? Also you said you know it is not clipping, did you hook up an o-scope to make that determination? How did you set the gain? There's quite a bit left out here in my opinion. Anyway the only solution to this problem is a recone or to buy a new one.

A recone will fix it fine..the only problem is if you throw it right back where it was then it is simply going to do it again.

Speakers are stupid..they only do what you tell them to do, that includes committing suicide as well.

What amp where you using and whats it rated at? Also you said you know it is not clipping, did you hook up an o-scope to make that determination? How did you set the gain? There's quite a bit left out here in my opinion. Anyway the only solution to this problem is a recone or to buy a new one.

The amp is a alpine mrp-m1000 and the crossover is at around 60 and the gain was set with a dmm and a test cd all i had to play with. Im gonna send it in tomorrow after work and add bp power if i can.

:ughdunno:

Did you use the Bass Boost feature on the amp? If so that my be causing your problem as it can over drive the subwoofer.

Did you use the Bass Boost feature on the amp? If so that my be causing your problem as it can over drive the subwoofer.

90% sure its off and the subsonic is set at 15 by the amp. And the box is sealed.

The amp is a alpine mrp-m1000 and the crossover is at around 60 and the gain was set with a dmm and a test cd all i had to play with. Im gonna send it in tomorrow after work and add bp power if i can.

BP power only increases thermal power handling, not mechanical. Your SSD failed mechanically.

Also, setting your gain with a DMM is not going to prevent clipping whatsoever.

you cant add bp power with a recone. the bp power option has to do with the motor structure

That box is WAYY to damn small

it's sealed? Fi recommends .7-1.2 cu.ft.

I hate how everyone is being a dick to WRX Kid.

I love how trolls come in here and talk like they own the place.

I hate how everyone is being a dick to WRX Kid.

I love how trolls come in here and talk like they own the place.

I'm no troll, don't get me wrong. This ain't my place, it's a place for everyone. Be nice to everyone

Anyways, WRX Kid, I think you might have loose glue spots on your woofer, or even a misaligned voice coil.

Edited by judeh101

correct the box is sealed. Nick said that 1.0 sounded best to them

no i know its sealed. lol

i said that to the other guy, proving the box wasn't too small :)

I just got my sub back. they covered it, gave it a fresh recone and its back in the car. i turned the amp down a lil bit and i think im gonna order a Q soon. Thx to everyone that helped answer my questions.

Glad you got this all worked out. GL on the new one, and the future Q.

Side post: I didn't see anyone really being a dick, people just read what is written differently and interpret it negatively.

Glad you got this all worked out. GL on the new one, and the future Q.

Side post: I didn't see anyone really being a dick, people just read what is written differently and interpret it negatively.

lol it's probably just only me then. :P