NDMstang65

What is a solid headunit these days?

So..

I don't use any of this new bullshit, i keep it old school with audiocontrol stuff that does not mess up. Resistor packs and things to sifts slopes and crossover points..

What is a good deck now that actually has the capability of a H-701 processor or the likes there of? I'm drawing a blank...

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

-Nick

The only new thing I know of that is a headunit with great features is the Pioneer Stage 4 DEX-P99RS, you can consider the older Pioneer 800 and 880 units as well as the Eclipse units.

Damn that's a LOT of money.

eeeeshhhh

Damn that's a LOT of money.

eeeeshhhh

LOL!

Look to see if there are any Eclipse CD-7200 MKII around or even the older Pioneer 800, 880 PRS HU.

It looks like our distro has the DEH-9800BT and 7200HD, would have to double check if they are in stock.

Of you want a total audiophile hu pioneer has this all tube hu.

This is just for a truck i'm going to be building..

Found a 3 way kicker XO for 90 bucks on amazon.

Everything I use myself is old analog stuff that simply doesn't break and forget where it was set :)

Thanks gents!

Everything I use myself is old analog stuff that simply doesn't break and forget where it was set :)

Thanks gents!

I have a DX-28 I'd let go if you want the old analog route.

As for the other options, only the 99 does what the P9/H701 does but that is 3way front +. If you are just in for 2 way there are more choices.

As for the other options, only the 99 does what the P9/H701 does but that is 3way front +. If you are just in for 2 way there are more choices.

Besides the 880 and 800 from Pioneer and Eclipse 7200 what will do 2-way plus sub? Thanks as im in the market for one.

If all you need is a 24 bit D/A and time alignment I would look into the kenwood excelon 994 or 794

Much lower quality then some of the others mentioned. I personally had a X994 and the 800PRS I have now sounds so much better I can not express it with words.

Besides the 880 and 800 from Pioneer and Eclipse 7200 what will do 2-way plus sub? Thanks as im in the market for one.

New, not sure. Used a ton. Any Alpine with BEP, Eclipse 8053, 8454, 8455, Ural CDD... list goes on.

I am running the ClarionDXZ785USB and I love it. Much better than the Kenwoods it replaced.

Discontinued, but can be found pretty regularly on DIYMA for less than $200 some even NIB. Also found on google shopping, but I have no idea about the sellers.

Ugly little fucker in pics but not so bad in person.

DXZ785

I am running the ClarionDXZ785USB and I love it. Much better than the Kenwoods it replaced.

Discontinued, but can be found pretty regularly on DIYMA for less than $200 some even NIB. Also found on google shopping, but I have no idea about the sellers.

DXZ785

Lord, I sold my 8454 for $150 shipped and it is WAY more of a headunit than that. Used the 785 should be $100 shipped.

DXZ785

Lord, I sold my 8454 for $150 shipped and it is WAY more of a headunit than that. Used the 785 should be $100 shipped.

To each their own.

It does what I need it to and sounds damn good.

I would buy it again tomorrow if I needed one.

When I looked for an HU I narrowed it down to

9887, 7200 MK II, 800PRS. Went for the 800PRS and Im happy

9887 needed imprint

7200 MK II has a small screen and low contrast + no internal amp (I needed one for the time being)

800prs needed $50 for ipod adapter, but thats it

What is a good deck now that actually has the capability of a H-701 processor or the likes there of? I'm drawing a blank...

I'd sell ya my DVA-9860/H701 combo :)

If all you need is a 24 bit D/A and time alignment I would look into the kenwood excelon 994 or 794

+1 great hu for under $300

Thanks gents!

I'm always hunting for old analog stuff.

Edit: I see that's an old Coustic unit...what do you want for it?

I'd sell ya my DVA-9860/H701 combo :)

lol :)

That's big dorrahs.

Thanks gents!

I'm always hunting for old analog stuff.

Was that an audiocontrol unit? What would you want for it? (That model number doesn't ring a bell right off the top of my head)

Coustic. I'll send you a PM.

Edited by ///M5
err, email I guess

Got them turned off...shoot me an email or i'll hop on AIM if you've got that.