smashedz28

experiences with db-r?

Im thinking of buying from them, ive heard the website thrown around alot here, from memory mostly good.. has anyone had a problem with db-r? The item im looking at is just a sundown saz1500d.. it is refurbished and 99% of the time that just means gabage. What do you guys think? good experiences, bad experiences?

dB-r is Sundown's official repair center, Chris does great work. :)

Yeah, he does. His refurbished amps have warranties too you know.

I bought my SAZ-1000 and SAX-125.2 'new' from Chris at DB-r, before I knew of anyplace else at the time. He is quite a knowledgeable guy, IMO. I spent many a lunch breaks talking with him on the phone, going over different possible scenarios, as I usually do :P I think that his shop is an authorized Sundown service facility. I never bought anything refurbished from him, so I could not comment on that. I did get my order fairly quickly, even when they were on back-order at that time...and I got a great amount of customer service and technical support.

hmmm, sundown's official repair shop huh? Sounds great! Think im gonna have to give it a shot. thanks

Great guys to work with, make sure you know there is a wait time on the amplifiers. dB-r gets your order, buys a blown amp from sundown, then repairs it.

Great prices. most deff

I have yet to purchase a NEW sundown amp so far. If i cant find them for sale on this forum then the next place i check is db-r. Nothing but good experiences with Chris and would do business again.

Multiple good experiences!

i had an saz-1500 done by db-r. no complaints on my end except in multiple emails chris told me he doesnt just fix whats wrong with the amps he does a complete rebuild of them, which when i got my amp back and read the invoice all he did was fix what was wrong. but damn good work and pretty fast turn around time if u send him a dead amp

i got my refurb. SAZ-1500 from him a year and a half ago, no problems at all, great service. There was one time when i thought i blew the amp or something (while it was under warranty) so i sent it to him. Turned out everything was working top notch on the amp and it was another mistake in my car that caused it to not work for me. He still replaced the main components of the amp and tested it all free of charge. I just paid shipping and it's been kickin' hard since! I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

I bought a sax1004 a couple years ago from DB-r and not a lick of issues. Been thru 2 accidents and hasn't stopped working. I would have no issue buying again from them/him.

I bought my 100.4 and my 1500 from db-r. I had an issue with my 100.4 but it was fault of mine as my speaker wire was pinched and shorted. It was still in warranty so I sent it in and for the $20-$30 to ship it they repaired it and found an issue with a channel I was not using at the time and fixed it all. I would suggest anyone who wants to get a good solid sundown amp with a warranty on it to look into db-r.

99% of customers that buy refurbished amps from dB-R are very satisfied -- we wouldn't deal with them for this long if they weren't the best !