diablo_331

Colby's Golf TDI Build. (Hope you like pics)

I just recently got a '03 Golf TDI 2 door 5 speed. I figured I would keep you guys updated on what was going on. :woot:

Equipment for the build are as follows.

-Head unit/Processing- Factory Monsoon unit + JBL MS-8 + Ipod Nano + Sirius Sat radio

-Front stage- Bravox CS 60CF- here already

-Rear stage- Bravox CS 50CF- I just ordered them

-Front & rear stage amps- Brand new in box old school Zed audio built Boss REV 665 x 4- Here.. Pics coming as soon as I can find my camera.

85 watts RMS x 4 each rated at 12 volts. Probably going to raise the rear false floor and try to mount all of the amps away from prying eyes and also for a cleaner look.

-Sub stage - Sounds Solutions Audio Dcon 12"-Just ordered.

I will also be running an Xcon As soon as I get the funds for a Dc alt with a SAZ-1500D or IA 20.1 powering the Xcon.

-Enclosure - Argent Audio. 2.5 cubes tuned to 29 Hz, Flush mount, Bracing, Tan carpet with black accents.

I would normally build my own enclosure as I have access to a wood shop at my home in Louisiana. I am stationed in Fort Worth with just a my storage unit to be used as a work space so building my own enclosure was out of the question. I have always loved to see the work that came out of Argent Audio so now I am waiting for a quote for the enclosure. I can't wait to see the box!

I will update this thread as needed. If anyone has any questions about anything, please let me know.

Thanks,

Colby Webre

Edited by diablo

In for pics. Also...How are you going to wire up all 4 amps?

Knu 0/1 Fleks from the front to rear to a Kinetik HC800 with 4 Ga Knu Fleks from the battery to the amps. I Also have 100 ft of knu OFC 12 ga speaker wire. One run per speaker back to the amp for now until the MS-8 gets here. then things will begin to sound very good if the Dcon blends with the fully active front and rear like I know it will. I think I will end up needing more wire.lol

I will also be buying a buddies smaller rockford amp. I believe it is a P300.1. which would be perfect for the Dcon until I get the Xcon. :woot:

These pics are with the ugly oem wheels with some snow tires as this was a Colorado car. The car now has some very nice brand new OEM alloys with brand new brand name rubber. Pics soon.

P8210942.jpg

P8210943.jpg

P8210944.jpg

P8210945.jpg

P8210946.jpg

P8210947.jpg

P8210926.jpg

P8210927.jpg

P8210928.jpg

P8210929.jpg

P8210930.jpg

P8210931.jpg

P8210932.jpg

P8210933.jpg

P8210934.jpg

P8210935.jpg

P8210936.jpg

P8210937.jpg

P8210938.jpg

P8210939.jpg

P8210940.jpg

P8210941.jpg

Edited by diablo

I warned you guys about the amount of pics lol. Alot more when I can get to my personal computer of the front speakers installed and the Raamatt deadener almost all the way in. Hope you guys like it so far.

nice stuff man... nice pics as well..

Nice car !

The backseat on mine was a 3-seat too and also a 2-door :lol:

What TDI version ? 130hp ?

You don't need no HO alt for this car to run an amp for an Xcon !!!

Those cars always sounds good. I don't know why, but the bass can sound so good in them.

Those are strong cars. Looks nicer on 18" rims!

Good choice of equipments.

Very nice choice in equipment. Going to be a really high value system, as in performance per dollar. I strongly considered the TDI when I was in a pinch and had to grab a car, especially with all the miles I do now.

Nice car !

Nice car !

It's the 1.9L. It has Sprint 520 Injectors and a tune as well.

I estimate the car to have somewhere around 140hp and 240 ftlbs. It's pretty quick and a blast to drive.

You don't need no HO alt for this car to run an amp for an Xcon !!!

Those cars always sounds good. I don't know why, but the bass can sound so good in them.

Those are strong cars. Looks nicer on 18" rims!

Good choice of equipments.

I love the wheels that are on it now. Some brand new OEM alloys in the 17" flavor. It think the car still needs to be lowered an inch front and rear.

Very nice choice in equipment. Going to be a really high value system, as in performance per dollar. I strongly considered the TDI when I was in a pinch and had to grab a car, especially with all the miles I do now.

That's what I was going far. Money matters to everyone so I try to spend as least of it as possible. I still need to pick up some more 8 ga and ga Knu Koncepts cable. I also haveto buy the MS-8. Hopefully everything will be finished by Chrismas time.

A lil picture whoring doesn't hurt nobody lol

Haha!Thats right. Who doesn't like pictures? I have a few more of yesterdays progress. I will get them up this evening. :thanx:

Haha!Thats right. Who doesn't like pictures? I have a few more of yesterdays progress. I will get them up this evening. :thanx:

You better.

Or else... :suicide-santa:

Very clean car and some very nice equipment, should be a nice match! More Please!! :popcorn:

Bring on the build!! seriously though awesome job on the photography. Yeah, snow tires are pretty mandatory here in Colorado, atleast good all-seasons.:D