Dictator1992

Wont hit the lthe low low frequency's

Hey as you can see below bottom of my post all my equipment listed!

Problem is last week my subs where slapping this week they still are slapping just not on the really low low notes the output is not as powerful neither is the air it moves. Everything else hits and plays fine.

Box tuned at about 32half hz had subsonic on about 24-23hz , NO bass boost gain 3quarters on amp and i use the gain knob in the cabin for the clipping meter max i go on the knob in the cab is one quarter. I have no clue whats wrong is it the subs, amp etc.

One thing i have tried doing so far was turning the subsonic up to 34hz to see if i was playing out of the box's tuning frequency and that did nothing sounded the same and everything!

Please give me some input on this problem.

Edited by Dictator1992

So are you saying they used to play fine and now aren't? Or did they never?

It sounds like your box may not be tuned to 32hz if it is not hitting the lows like you want it to. Can you post dimensions of box along with port dimensions?

No they played fine before and kind of still do just when the lower note frequency hits like on songs "How low" "My chick bad" "Juice box" etc dont really have alot of output like they did before. Had the subs for about 5-6months now

Never had subs warm before!!! Cone doesnt scratch or anything when i push on it!

Box dimensions

Port=29inchs length

Port width=5inchs

Box

Depth=18 3/4

Height=16

Width=48 Thats the whole box including the port with those dimensions!

Port is just 5"? need height and width of the port.. we got the length..

Unless you meant 5x5"?

Port

Height=14.5inches

Length=29

Width=5inchs

I dont understand how the subs dont play the lows anymore especially if you havent changed anything, unless your trying to compare the output of lower frequencies to higher ones and that is just impossible on the same amount of power.

I understand bass frequency tuning etc. Its just one day i was flexing and moving all the air on lower notes and the next day i could barely make a rattle on the really low bass frequency's all the other higher frequencys play fine its just the low bass extension is not getting any output at all. This sounds weird but i know theirs something wrong and i dont know whats going on or causing this problem. I'll let sirlancealot hear it later see what he gets out of it.

With you subsonic being so low and having the subs you have I believe you probably did damage something trying to give yourself a lot of output at lower frequencies. Hopefully not and it is not that serious, check your install.

Box could have broken.

only thing that could of broke inside the box would be the port.

Not the box port is fine!

Test your coils & the voltage output of your amp.

My bad was thinking the worst and not simple minded...one of my speaker wire's came out of the terminal causing one sub not to come on other subwoofer to recieve 4cubic feet of box volume and a lower ohm load resulting in less output and subs low bass performance to suffer for to big of airspace volume. Its all wanging good now :)

Check your rca's. I think it's always best to check the where the signal travles like from your head unit to amp and amp to subs

My bad was thinking the worst and not simple minded...one of my speaker wire's came out of the terminal causing one sub not to come on other subwoofer to recieve 4cubic feet of box volume and a lower ohm load resulting in less output and subs low bass performance to suffer for to big of airspace volume. Its all wanging good now :)

ah, the simplest things ... :)

Check your rca's. I think it's always best to check the where the signal travles like from your head unit to amp and amp to subs

Nvm just read the last post

ONice. Glad you're up and running again.