chadhuff

help on sub $800 system for 34 chevy sedan

I am trying to put together quality budget system for 60yr mans street rod.Looking at single 4or5 channel amp comps in front,coax for rear fill off of head unit and single 10 or 12 ,but would consider an 8 or pair of 8's.Car has full dynamat interior.Components will most likely be in lower front corner of doors,so tweeter location is unknown but most likely next to mid.Amp will be bridged on rear two channels for sub,remote sub nob would be nice.Sub depth is a concern +/- 6inches

Speaker I have heard and liked.

Polk mm.S329

Pioneer ts-d $200 Polks not worth extra $ but have better bottom end

Bravox cs60k or carbon fibers ,have not heard

Amps

looking at cadence Ia4,arc 400.4 (woofers etc 199)stetsom but I know longer see them listed

Subs

arc 8,ssa 10dcon,bravox 8,daber

I have owned original 12w6,and diamond m6 which were both great do it all subs so quality of sound is better than loudness.He listens to mostly country and classic rock.

Edited by ceh

:WELCOME:

If you are interested in Stetsom, we still sell them, just have to email us support @ soundsolutionsaudio.com.

:WELCOME: to SSA!!!!

Welcome! And crescendo audio has some real great components for 100 bucks

welcome... Dcons get amazing reviews around here... definitely popular..

:WELCOME:

Not sure I understand what your $800 is supposed to cover

$800 includes secret audio unit,amp subs speakers everthing,

I vote for getting a ssa dcon out of the listed. :)

Dcon in a ported box would be kind to your budget.

I would build Kick panels for it before I cut up the door cards.

I want see pictures, right now.

:fing34:

$800 includes secret audio unit,amp subs speakers everthing,

Then you most definitely cannot afford rear fill. Find out if not wasting money on crap that is useless is okay and then we can start to narrow this down.

I'd like to see pics of this ride ... Depends on what this guy has invested in this ride to tell whether or not you would want to put (cheap shit) in it and call it your install ... just my suggestion ...

Will try to get pics up Saturday, if I can figure it out.its a nice car all new stuff frame heidts suspension wilwood discs at all 4 corners aluminum ls1 v8.

There is a lot of information about the vehicle that need to be know for the best recommendation. But based on the information you had given :

Check out classic looking CD players here

You could use the HU's amplified power to run coaxial or a component set. Weather you go with coaxials or components will depend on your mounting requirements and what you can afford.

A simple solution for added low end sound would be a Bazooka bass tube. They come with built in a amplifiers and can be easily be mounted without modifying the existing interior of the vehicle.

Just some ideas :gayhaaay1:

I have pics but can not figure out how to put them up.They are in my documents folder ,but I can not copy and paste.

I have pics but can not figure out how to put them up.They are in my documents folder ,but I can not copy and paste.

upload them to www.tinypic.com and then paste the code on here.

:peepwall:

2v0hojq.jpgv.jpg 27wra5v.jpg25p0jvd.jpg

I hope this works ,major pain in butt for the computer dumbarse

2v0hojq.jpg

It left some pics off.I thought about mounting mids and tweets just below dash in a custom pod,But not sure if AC system will be in the way.

Any suggestions or combos of equipment?Has anyone listened to the Bravox speakers? They look nice but not much info on their website and most reviews are in spanish or something.

I was considering cs60 comps ,matching coaxs in rear ,one 12 at back of car in about 1-1.5cuft with 4 x 75 or so amp

Again, really. Please scrap the idiotic idea of putting rears in. Even if it were EVER a good idea you do not have anywhere near the budget. WAY better things to spend your money on.

You may love the Bravox, but I don't have your ears. You could read on some reviews or find a set installed.

Budget seems reasonable ,you dont think people riding in back will need to hear?Local shop recommends 2 pair of memphis coaxs in front or 6.5 and 6x9s plus sub ran of single 4 channel at 2ohms on coaxs ,no fade, and bridged rear for overall volume not Sq.I dont like that idea.I would like a decent soundstage.

bravox cs60k 149

cs60 coax 82

dcon 115

arc 400.4 199

head unit ?

wiring 50

You dont need rear fill for the people in the back to hear the music. it's not like they are walled off to the front cabinet.

I believe you can run a set of components off of this, and your sub bridged for a solid amp at a great price.

I understand the wall thing ,I have seen the amp on here but it does say Boss on it .I could hide it so people didnt think I got it at the flea market.I know its a Zed amp but most people wont.I will keep it in mind.I could spend a little more money up front and skip rears. Interior is small so it probably wont make a difference.

I understand the wall thing ,I have seen the amp on here but it does say Boss on it .I could hide it so people didnt think I got it at the flea market.I know its a Zed amp but most people wont.I will keep it in mind.I could spend a little more money up front and skip rears. Interior is small so it probably wont make a difference.

:+1: you could take the sticker off?