suicideking602

my new dc power 270xp alt installed

I just wanted to say thanks to dc power for their great product. The new alt made a huge difference. check out the vid to see for yourself. I will have better vids up when i'm feeling better, been real sick lately.

I am happy to see somebody is pleased with DC Power. I am expecting a 270XP as well......

This is on my list of things to buy, congrats.

This is on my list of things to buy, congrats.

hey thanks man. i know a few people that run dc power alts and i have never heard a complaint yet. I just wish i had the room for 2 of them.

hahaha your the second person to tell me that. 1 is for my RF T3K, 1 is a Phoenix gold basscube, the other one is so i can turn off all the bass for my girl.

Since there is just one battery to charge shouldn't that alternator be able to stay around 14 -13v ?

I think you need a couple more knobs :peepwall:

3rd

:peepwall:

Sucks about your bats. I would never buy used bats for that reason.

BTW..... what are you running??? See 4 subwoofers in the back.. can you make your sig so we all know?? Thanks bro.. And congrats on the DC Alt.. I have read 1 bad thing about them so far but its bound to happen with any company... I'm looking at picking one up when tax season comes in...

Since there is just one battery to charge shouldn't that alternator be able to stay around 14 -13v ?

If you would of watched the video then you would of known the beginning footage was with stock alt, at end of video with dc alt its sitting at 14v+

:)

BTW..... what are you running??? See 4 subwoofers in the back.. can you make your sig so we all know?? Thanks bro.. And congrats on the DC Alt.. I have read 1 bad thing about them so far but its bound to happen with any company... I'm looking at picking one up when tax season comes in...

4 15" RE Audio Sex's

so i can turn off all the bass for my girl.

You need to find you a deaf one like me.

3rd

yea and my battery up front was from the same guy too. He "supposedly" restores them. I've had nothing but problems with optima batteries with all my cars. i'm done with them.

3rd

yea and my battery up front was from the same guy too. He "supposedly" restores them. I've had nothing but problems with optima batteries with all my cars. i'm done with them.

Congrats on getting the best alternator produced today!

Sorry you feel this way about the optimas.... mine have been going strong for 2 years. I swear by them :fing34:

Edited by holley2346

3rd

Sorry you feel this way about the optimas.... mine have been going strong for 2 years. I swear by them :fing34:

Optima - I ran them and didn't have any problems, but not really a good bang for the buck IMO. For the $ you can do better.

I don't think the problem is with OP's brand of bats, more so the guy "restoring" them is full of shit.

thanks, no complaints about my alt. it does everything i've expected it to do. Now if i could only fit another one in there....

i had been running those batts for a little under a year now. I know optimas are great batteries. Most of my friends won't use anything but optimas. i know the yellow tops and blue tops are good if you bump with the key off. I think i just had always bought refurbished optimas without knowing. i've never had a optima stay good longer than a year.

If you would of watched the video then you would of known the beginning footage was with stock alt, at end of video with dc alt its sitting at 14v+

:)

Sorry not first vid the second one. I was curious since the alt doesn't have to top off a battery bank just car electronics, the battery up front and his amps wouldn't that 270 be enough to not drop down to 11. I understand maybe at idle since RPM at idle not the same as driving but still for 270 amp dropping to 11v is that normal? Shouldn't that much amperage alt be enough with even one battery?

And why do people use blue tops or red tops for car audio if the yellow top is the only one optima ever intended for car audio?

Edited by crunkjuice1

Dont buy redtops on Craigslist if they are refurbished or whatever. I would only get a refurb if it was doneb y Optima. Ive had my Red Tops for 3 years, never had any problems.