MalibuOn22s

Buying 2-18" SSA Xcons Soon!

I am so siked first of all! A couple people from REO got me to look into the SSA line and I am very impressed :) I will be getting 2 of the Xcon 18s and I will be powering them with one Audiopipe AP-3001D. That amp needs a ton of power to put up over 2,000 watts so I plan on getting 2 2400 Kinetiks for the back and maybe a red top under my hood. I drive a 2009 Malibu 4 cylinder soo I'm not quite sure if they even make bigger alternators lol. Hopefully 3 solid batteries will do the trick!

Any constructive criticism is welcome :)

Ohh yea and for the build I am walling off my trunk. I still need to have people sick in the back at times so I will probably be putting some type of back rests.

Why are you going with Audiopipe? Just wondering? I hear they are good budget amps but with 2 Xcons and multiple Kinetiks it doesnt sound like your budget is a problem. Maybe you could get some Deka group 31 batts and upgrade your amp. Just throwing suggestions out there.

PS: Dont get me wrong I hear those Audiopipe amps are decent quality strong amps. Some people swear by them

Why are you going with Audiopipe? Just wondering? I hear they are good budget amps but with 2 Xcons and multiple Kinetiks it doesnt sound like your budget is a problem. Maybe you could get some Deka group 31 batts and upgrade your amp. Just throwing suggestions out there.

PS: Dont get me wrong I hear those Audiopipe amps are decent quality strong amps. Some people swear by them

yea that is basically the reason I'm going with them. They are around 300$. I actually am on a budget because I still need to buy a lot more to be ready for this build :/. I needed to cut cost somewhere. Thankfully I just found a really beast amp for the right price. I mean I would take a 2000 watt sundown if one came up around 350 but I doubt it would lol

I am so siked first of all! A couple people from REO got me to look into the SSA line and I am very impressed :) I will be getting 2 of the Xcon 18s and I will be powering them with one Audiopipe AP-3001D. That amp needs a ton of power to put up over 2,000 watts so I plan on getting 2 2400 Kinetiks for the back and maybe a red top under my hood. I drive a 2009 Malibu 4 cylinder soo I'm not quite sure if they even make bigger alternators lol. Hopefully 3 solid batteries will do the trick!

Ohh yea and for the build I am walling off my trunk. I still need to have people sick in the back at times so I will probably be putting some type of back rests.

sealed or ported box? If I remember right you have a new chevy malibu. (2) 18's will be hard to fit in that trunk. Before you buy the xcons make sure you can design a box that will work for you trunk. Other than that good luck and cannot wait to see pictures :drink40:

sealed or ported box? If I remember right you have a new chevy malibu. (2) 18's will be hard to fit in that trunk. Before you buy the xcons make sure you can design a box that will work for you trunk. Other than that good luck and cannot wait to see pictures :drink40:

I'm taking the back seats out and walling it off where the trunk is :) ......I'm so excited for this build

and it's going to be ported.....we might even have to build it in the car lol

is this a good deal for this amp?

http://www.powermaxelectronics.com/products/pc/Sundown-SAZ-2500D-10p258.htm

Edited by MalibuOn22s

A box for 2 18"s won't fit in the trunk of a car.

I hope you mean you are walling right behind the front seats, that's the only way they will fit since they need such large boxes.

I hope you mean you are walling right behind the front seats, that's the only way they will fit since they need such large boxes.

nooo, we have already done some measuring bro. It won't be easy by any means but saying it flat out won't isn't fair lol.

HHi

nooo, we have already done some measuring bro. It won't be easy by any means but saying it flat out won't isn't fair lol.

I promise you wont fit them in there in the 12+ cube box they need with the 240+ sqin of port needed. Wont happen.

HHi

I promise you wont fit them in there in the 12+ cube box they need with the 240+ sqin of port needed. Wont happen.

we take that as a challenge :)

HHi

we take that as a challenge :)

Great challenge. If I follow SSAs recommended ported suggestions. I come up with a box that is around 18 cubic feet after port, sub displacement, and bracing. I used 32hz for tuning, 7.75 cu ft per sub. Thats a lot of box in that car. Please create a build log when you start this.

If you're sticking to this amp, make sure you get the coil configuration to get a final 2 ohm load to get the most out of it. The 3000d is only 2 ohm stable. It's 2 AP1500D's strapped inside itself

If you're sticking to this amp, make sure you get the coil configuration to get a final 2 ohm load to get the most out of it. The 3000d is only 2 ohm stable. It's 2 AP1500D's strapped inside itself

I thought it was 1 ohm stable?

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDIOPIPE-AUDIO-3000W-MONO-CLASS-D-Car-Power-Amplifier-/350421864230?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item5196c54f26

?

And yea the recommended is 7.75 soooo hopefully we can hit those numbers.... It won't be easy but it's possible!

Wired to one ohm per sub at 1500wrms (per sub) or a single channel that does 3000 at 2 ohms.

^^^ one ohm per CHANNEL per sub. This amp is 2 monoblock 1500watt amps strapped together inside. So each channel is like using one of those amps, or bridge the 2 channels @ 2 ohms to get 3000 watts

^^^ one ohm per CHANNEL per sub. This amp is 2 monoblock 1500watt amps strapped together inside. So each channel is like using one of those amps, or bridge the 2 channels @ 2 ohms to get 3000 watts

ohhhhhhhh ok thanks for clarifying :)

Im lost on how this is going to be a wall if you still have your back seats in, or am i reading this wrong.

If you can get 12cf after displacement you will be happy.

Not sure how you will get that, but I wish you luck.

Be sure to post pics of your build.

I'm thinking like Drew. That's gonna be a hell of a job getting 2 18's to fit in the trunk in the right size box. Sealed, possibly. Ported, no way.

Please prove me wrong :)

I will try my hardest :)......and I will be removing the stock seats but probably addin

g some type of bsck rests so I can still have people in the back if I need to

I just don't see this happening in your car. A box of recommended size will never fit.

Any pics of the car?

That's a quick video I took.......I see you have a Bu too! I love mine. Maybe you can shed some light on the room in the back? I will be taking out the back seats as well and building the box into the trunk and out of the cabin.

you could always buy my 15 x-cons for cheappppp

Nice Malibu.

Heres a pic of my Malibu, not sure how much room they have. but 2 18's seems a bit much.

bu.jpg

Nice Malibu.

Heres a pic of my Malibu, not sure how much room they have. but 2 18's seems a bit much.

bu.jpg

haha sick i love it......how are the 2 12s in there?. And it might not seem like a lot of room, but once you remove all that plastic housing where the very back speakers sit and where the seats rest on there is a ton of space lol