fearlessgangsta

AQ HD3C sound good?

I was originally going to get the Sundown SA series but I saw the AQ's and was wondering if they sound good and get loud? Plz be detailed because I haven't heard ether in a setup. I know the sa's meter well for there price point, but I want 2 18's or 3 15's if sundown gets some d4's. They will be powered by a aq2200d.

So should I wait for the SA's?

Thats a personal preference, consider you gave us no information really nobody knows what will be better for you. Read around and give us more info, these arent the only subs out there unless you have your eyes set on these. If that is the case then wait for the SA's in my opinion.

Imo there are better sounding drivers out there.

I had the SDCs, didn't really care for the sound of them. The weren't bottom heavy at all and lacked that warm feeling I like. They did get loud pretty loud though.

Thats a personal preference, consider you gave us no information really nobody knows what will be better for you. Read around and give us more info, these arent the only subs out there unless you have your eyes set on these. If that is the case then wait for the SA's in my opinion.

I think there the best bang for the buck out right now. I have a 2009 Tahoe and I'm doing a thirdrow box subs up port back. My initial goal is 145db at 32hz with ether set up I go with. I have space for 4 15's but don't really want to go that big. I just want a loud daily driver that has good sound.

The Hdc series. This is not a head to head comparison. Just I saw they had 18's and I was wondering if 2 would do the job and get loud and sound good. I see some don't like the sound of them and that's what I thought might be the problem they would have.

I think there the best bang for the buck out right now. I have a 2009 Tahoe and I'm doing a thirdrow box subs up port back. My initial goal is 145db at 32hz with ether set up I go with. I have space for 4 15's but don't really want to go that big. I just want a loud daily driver that has good sound.

You will like the SA-15" as it get's loud and has above average sq imo. Other options you may want to consider are the SSD from Fi or Lethal Injection series from Incriminator Audio.

How about the Icon. Does it get loud and low?

dc audio sounds awesome too... 2 15's should get you to 145 on music.

but its personal preference, it may sound good to me , but you may not like it.,. lol..

Yes it will!

What is your budget and what amplifier(s) will you be using?

but its personal preference, it may sound good to me , but you may not like it.,. lol..

I was originally going to get dc but I don't really want them-its hard to explain.

Yes it will!

What is your budget and what amplifier(s) will you be using?

$1040 for subs and amp. I want aq 2200d.

say 400 for amp

640 For subs

Edited by Fearz

That has more to do with the install than the subs themselves.

Also, to OP, I run the icons and can verify that they sound great and can get pretty loud.

Alright aq is out than. Looking at the Icons or I think I saw some sa-15's on woofersEct. If I buy from that website do I still get the warranty through sundown.

I saw some sa-15's on woofersEct. If I buy from that website do I still get the warranty through sundown.

Yes they are an "Authorized Sundown Audio Dealer"

How do your sa15s do off of the sax-1200d?

If you want it loud with Sundown subs, try a single Z or Nightshade. Take a look at them.

I'm trying to utilize my space I would think 1 sub even a 18 would not take full potential of my space. That's why I'm doing multiple subs. Also i would think the more cone area the better.

The box is going to be the limiting factor if he's able to do 145s.

How do your sa15s do off of the sax-1200d?

Still in the building stages. I have the SAX-1200D on an IA DR 18" and it powers it just fine. Never metered, but it is impressive for 1200 watts.

The box is going to be the limiting factor if he's able to do 145s.

That what I figured. If anyone knows anybody that can help design a box let me know. I think that would be the last thing I have to get done.

Edited by Fearz