markak134

i install a system in my friends car and it has alternator whine

here is how i have everything set up

as u can see i dont have the amp and cap ground to the chasis could this be why i might have a ground loop i could make them all seperate grounds or i can tell him to buy a ground loop isolator and he only has 1 amp hes just running component speakers

but hes also running one of these behringer 15s http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-B215XL-Titanium-Speaker-Standard/dp/B002P3RYXG

that is hooked up to this for power 0002666671495_P321146_300X300.jpg i have that thing hooked up to the battery and them rcas go from the headunit to the amp to the behringer its sounds good except we are getting the noise

ffflik.jpg

Haha mark I got a kick out of this ;)

umm wtf are you using that die hard thing for? your amps run on A/C power? cool! so you are using home audio in your car?

can you also post what amps you are using? also is that 15inch sub does it have a built in amp?

also that DC to AC converter what is it rated for?

sorry for the question but yes you will need to ground your cap and if the issue doesn't go away please consalt this!

yea i was just going to separetly ground all the stuff like the plug in thing the amp the cap see what happens we tryed to hook up the 15 to the amp it doesnt works it has its own built in amp and it gets loud off the ac plug i cut its power corld and there was 3 wires in side blue white and black cause we were going to try to put it on the amp but it didnt work so i solderd its plug back on and put it in its ac thing its fine we just need to solve the loop and i told the guy he didnt need a cap but he said he thinks it will help or he just wants to use it for the hell of it i guess cause the hc600 is his trunk battery and it says on it power of 100 caps so why do u want to add 1 more cap it wont do anything thats what i told him this guy doesnt like bass either so this setup is good for him he only listens to rock and the amp its a us amps 150 yea hes using home audio in the car

i think the plug in thing is rated 400 watts

it was fun what he wanted me to do he told me to cut a hole threw his seats with a sawzall and now we have the 15 stuffed in his seats and it gets hold in place with bungy cords in the trunk it doesnt look bad and its really loud the components speakers and the 15 give some bass for rock but he doesnt like huge bass from a subwoofer

Edited by markak134

lol interesting that is all i am going to say about your buddy lol!

ya if your issue doesn't go away please refer to this link! it is the ultimate noise elimination tutorial!

umm can you take some pictures please?

this ghetto setup i WANT to see!!

pics now!

:ttiwwop:

lol interesting that is all i am going to say about your buddy lol!

ya if your issue doesn't go away please refer to this link! it is the ultimate noise elimination tutorial!

Haha mark I got a kick out of this ;)

once we fix it ill get pics and videos

Uhhhhhhhh :suicide-santa:

lol it sure is!

what car is this in again?

un hook the invertor, run an extension cord from your house to the sub/amp, if the noise goes away it's the invertor

un hook the invertor, run an extension cord from your house to the sub/amp, if the noise goes away it's the invertor

Nice

lol i was reading this an I thought you were going to say something like

"unhook the inverter and run a SUPER long extension cord from your house while you drive.. lol"

but ya good idea i didn't think inverters were noise! but i assume they could be!

I can already see this thread going for multiple pages... :roflmao:

C'mon M5!

I can already see this thread going for multiple pages... :roflmao:

C'mon M5!

lol you should PM m5 and let him know what is going on! lol :sleepwerd4:

but really I would LOVE to see some pics of this install and a video!

also could you include a pic of the owner? i know odd question but I am curious as to what a guy who doesn't like bass looks like lol!

^ x2

Also this thread is perfect. Lmfao.

markak134

mark do you live in alaska if you do we need to get together and exchange some demos of this beast

I realy want to see a pic of the back seat....

Get rid of the cap(!) or ground the cap to the battery. Ground the rear battery to the chassis.

Keep your 110V components in your house.

ok we need a little bit of work on it today all i did was change the ground of the cap to the chasis and now the alt whine is gone out of the components but its still comming out of the big thing i didnt think of this till i got home but maybe i should run the ac inverter on the cap and it might filter out the noise because there is no noise comming out of the comps and the amp is connected to the cap but the inverteris connected to the batt also the same set of rcas are running from the headunit to the amp then y cables from the amp into the behinger so how could it be the rcas ? unless that beringer doesnt have some kind of filter the amp has ? dont know we will try more things friday i tryed to get a video but my camera kept saying internal memory full even tho nothing was on the camera i did get some pics

we need to put some capet in to cover up the foam and cuts in the seats

and the guy said he likes bass just not rap music but he doesnt want subs

0000002f.jpg

0000004d.jpg

000000300.jpg

000000600.jpg

0000008g.jpg

0000007o.jpg

lol awesome install pics! thanks for posting!

and with a huge trunk like that you know you could get so much more out of it lol. I know you say he doesn't like bass but you also don't need to hammer 5000rms to the sub stage.

you could get him a single 12inch and put it in a box geared towards rock rather then rap! but now that the seat is destroyed lol!

o well each to there own if he likes it then that is good and a job well done!

p/s I love that little Kinetik HC 600! also ditch the cap and just run it off the 600hc also you could try to move the converter to rear battery and see if this fixes anything! and I wouldn't run the converter off of the cap... hell I wouldn't even run this setup but that is just me!

he said he doesnt want a sub cause the seats dont fold down and the bass will be muffled idk

lol no need for the seats to fold down now because there is a hole! in the middle!

and muffled ya i don't think so when my seats are up they sound good when they are down they get louder