ssh

Vehicle - Equipment - dB results

Firstly, don't tell me just because someone in their honda civic can hit 150db, that I can too in mine. I understand the differences between installation and burping vs music.

I just want to see what people have been able to pull off in their vehicles.

Also state if vehicle was walled.

I'll start:

Vehicle: 1997 Jeep Wrangler (2door, hardtop).

Equipment: DC 270xp alt, saz1500d, Fi BL 18" (33hz tuned enclosure).

Meter placement: headrest

Music: not metered, guessing ~140-142

Tones: 40hz, 143db

I'm about to get a new vehicle and would like something sporty to drive, so space will be a restraint, but I'm curious to see what others have been able to do in their vehicles.

:)

Vehicle: 2000 Volvo S40

Equipment: Optima D34/Batcap 400, RF Punch 500-2, IA Lethal Injection 12" in 2.5 cubes @ 32 hz

Meter placement: Sealed on the dash

Music: Bass Ballin' - 134.5 dB on TL

Tones: Not metered

Looking forward to getting new numbers with the Xcon's! I was quite impressed with my score on 5-600 watts on my LI.

Equipment: Optima D34/Batcap 400, RF Punch 500-2, IA Lethal Injection 12" in 2.5 cubes @ 32 hz

Looking forward to getting new numbers with the Xcon's! I was quite impressed with my score on 5-600 watts on my LI.

yeah that's a good score for that amount of power, cone area, and being a trunk :P

I'll be curious to see the results after you got the xcons in. Have you decided what amp you'll be using?

Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Camry

Equipment: Stock Alt, Stock Battery,4 gauge DB Link, PA Bamf 5500, Treo SSX 15 dual 1. Forgot box size and tuning

Meter placement: USACI Kick Panel

Music: Some musical

Tones: Car Freq 63 Burped a 143.7 on a TL

Sold everything but the treo and gonna upgrade everything very soon

Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Camry

Equipment: Stock Alt, Stock Battery,4 gauge DB Link, PA Bamf 5500, Treo SSX 15 dual 1. Forgot box size and tuning

Meter placement: USACI Kick Panel

Music: Some musical

Tones: Car Freq 63 Burped a 143.7 on a TL

Sold everything but the treo and gonna upgrade everything very soon

Me too :)

yeah that's a good score for that amount of power, cone area, and being a trunk :P

I'll be curious to see the results after you got the xcons in. Have you decided what amp you'll be using?

I'm using an IA 40.1, I just need to save up to get a DC power alt so I can power it properly lol. They've actually been in for a while I just don't have a meter, I'm probably hitting somewhere in the upper 140's though (pretty hard to judge though).

I'm using an IA 40.1, I just need to save up to get a DC power alt so I can power it properly lol. They've actually been in for a while I just don't have a meter, I'm probably hitting somewhere in the upper 140's though (pretty hard to judge though).

sweet, how much power does the IA 40.1 make on the sub channel (or it's a monoblock one channel?)?

sweet, how much power does the IA 40.1 make on the sub channel (or it's a monoblock one channel?)?

It's a monoblock rated at 3600 Wrms @12v, and people say it to do anywhere between 4-5K on 14.4 volts. Oh, and it looks bad ass lol.

It's a monoblock rated at 3600 Wrms @12v, and people say it to do anywhere between 4-5K on 14.4 volts. Oh, and it looks bad ass lol.

Yeah there all black right? Sounds like a powerhouse :D

Vehicle: 1990 Honda CRX (if they're instantly loud, go get one yourself and replicate what people do in them)

Equipment: POS alt I get 86 amps out of, 2 Stinger batteries, one Sundown SAZ-3500d, one Sundown SA8

Music: 144.2 @ 37 hz in kick, 142 something on dash @ 37 hz (just a regular daily box, I don't mess with music boxes for it)

Tones: 152.1 @ 68 hz in kick, 148.6 @ 62 hz on the dash (a lot of testing, competition box)

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Durango

Equipment: Stock alternator 160 amp, XS Power D1200, (2) SAZ1500d's strapped, (2) SSA Xcon 12", 4.0 cubic feet tuned to 32hz

Meter Placement: dash

Music: 143.2, Monster by Kanye West on TL

Tones: 32hz 144.4db on TL

Vehicle: 1990 Honda CRX (if they're instantly loud, go get one yourself and replicate what people do in them)

Equipment: POS alt I get 86 amps out of, 2 Stinger batteries, one Sundown SAZ-3500d, one Sundown SA8

Music: 144.2 @ 37 hz in kick, 142 something on dash @ 37 hz (just a regular daily box, I don't mess with music boxes for it)

Tones: 152.1 @ 68 hz in kick, 148.6 @ 62 hz on the dash (a lot of testing, competition box)

152.1 with one 8" :)

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Durango

Equipment: Stock alternator 160 amp, XS Power D1200, (2) SAZ1500d's strapped, (2) SSA Xcon 12", 4.0 cubic feet tuned to 32hz

Meter Placement: dash

Music: 143.2, Monster by Kanye West on TL

Tones: 32hz 144.4db on TL

Love that song with Nikki in it ;)

1978 Bronco

8 RE8s (box in avatar)

Sub channel of Alpine MRV-F450 (150 watts)

143+db on the Term Lab as measured by Black00....

Electrical upgrades? lol.... Not needed...

Vehicle: 2006 Mitsubishi Raider XLS 4x4 crew cab

Equipment: AQ1200D, Polk Audio MM 1040 10"(x2), 2.3 cubic foot@32hz

Meter placement: headrest

Music: not metered

Tones: 41hz, 135.5db

not bad for some shallow sq polk audio subs

1978 Bronco

8 RE8s (box in avatar)

per, or total?

Vehicle: 2002 Camry

Equipment: 2 12" BTLs, 4.2 cubes, single 6" aero 33hz, AQ 1200D

Meter placement: Legal; sealed at the dash

Music: No clue

Tones: 38 hz, 137.5 (I think my peak is much lower, didn't have enough time to test.)

1992 volvo 240 sedan

Aq 2200 at 1ohm.

Subwoofers fi bl's fully loaded two 12's 3inch coils

100amp bosch ho alt with 1red up front two yellows in the back.

Seat up with metal behind it!!!

Db's on music=136.4 sealed at the dash

Peak tone=36hz!

Box efficiency=5.25ohms lol

Power after box effciency and everything 637rms all for both drivers.

1978 Bronco

8 RE8s (box in avatar)

per, or total?

I believe that is total. So a whooping 18.75watts per driver before rise in impedance due to heat.

Perfect case of "you don't need thousands of watts to get loud" but it helps :P

97 Chevy Silverado "White Lightning" ...

4 Blues Car Audio 10 inch drivers - ISO Baric - dual chambered style enclosure tuned to 22 htz (80 inches of 4 inch pvc pipe for tuning)

Power by a Modified Linear Power 5002iq ... 8 ohm mono with Feedback ...

200 amp GM alt. 5 batteries ...

Best spl in competition ... USACI (kick pannel) 137.7 db @ 28 htz / 136.4 db (USACI street beat 2) - music Pink Floyd - The Division Bell ...

156.7 db @ 32 htz (USACI port wars) ...

2007 Scion tC

2 AQ2200ds

2 AQ HDC3 12s Copper

Tuned to 38hz with 56sqin of port

1 D3100, 2 D5100s 1 200A clamped alternator

146.7db at headrest with absolutely no testing or tuning, straight droppin box. No competitive tuning was insight at the time.

148.x in the kick.

166.8db port wars :)

Everything in trunk, back seats in upright position = stock.

Also-

4 AQ2200ds @0.4ohm

4 DC Level4 15s (not the XLs)

Tuned to 29hz, peak at 51hz

1 D3100, 1 D5100, Stock alternator

144sqin of port

153.4db at the headrest

157.2db in the kick

In just the 4 months this setup was in there, plastic bracket for dome light is rattling around, completely broke brackets holding the entire driver side controls(windows, door locks, etc) off, had to zip tie it back on from behind the door panel, the sun visor now makes noise and the brake pedal has come loose slightly( it's resonating, my braking is fine)

My old ride...

Vehicle: 2008 Hyundai Tiburon

Equipment: JBL1201.1, 2 Kicker CVX 10s, Kenwood comps and 6x9s, stock electrical. Nothing was tuned at all... threw in the night before a local show.

Meter placement: Passenger kick, driver door open.

Music: not metered

Tones: 143.9db, can't remember what hz.

Bassahaulic was who placed the meter in the car, he may know what tone I was on..

96 Jeep Cherokee

DD Z1, one 2nd gen BTL 12

2 old and worn out batteries

150.4dB engine off, dB Drag style.