traks

Small S10 build

Yes its spotwelded in place,so cutting that off is a must...No my jack just rides in the rear floor board. Ghetto but I dont feel like having a flat and no jack.

The support floor and enclosure look really good! Wanted something like this for a buddy, but he wanted more of a look than performance from the subs.

The support floor and enclosure look really good! Wanted something like this for a buddy, but he wanted more of a look than performance from the subs.

Thanks,I was hoping to get it covered but the nice weather did not hold out .... :(

any updates? i think i may have to switch back over to slot ports and leave my aeros behind. Im just not able to tune to 30hz, so looks like i have to build yet another box :(, just not sure what to do, its going to be 5.25 cubes, just dont know how much port area i should use...

ANOTHER box gary lol! how many is that now?

lol, just got done with box number 4 in mine.. i think 4..and another one real soon.

well i thought this one was "it", but it just doesnt hit the lows like i want it to, its very disappointing as i thought this was going to be the box, but unfortunately it needs to be tuned lower, and unfortunately i cant use my aeros i paid so much for... as they need to be very long and i dont have the space for the length it needs to be 30hz. I know some what how i would do the box, just dont know on port area, 12-16 is such a huge difference for ports. I may have to ask derick what he used in his explorer with 4 sa 12's

how about extending the aero ports out side of the box! i thought you had room to do that. although i could be wrong.

you know if you want a professional box made up for you ask Derek about his our buddy Jud over at nightmare audio! he hooked me up and my lows never sounded better! no seriously talk to Jud about it!

jud from where? how much were they? and i do have room for external, but i need to add on 8", so that would have it almost hitting my roof. and would just look really stupid lol

it wouldn't look dumb if you had 1 on each side lol! then it would look like horns lol!

jud i don't know from toronto here is his site,

if you want drop me an e-mail and i will hook you up with jud!

http://www.nightmareaudio.com/

and here is the box he made up for me!

IMAG0150.jpg

it isn't to loud but it hits everything with +/- 1db from 30-65hz~ something like that. i don't remember off hand but i wrote it down somewhere

and those shades are SPL subs lol!

any updates from you traks? I started a new box yesterday, went to slot port to try a bigger port and lower tuning. 5.25 cubes, @ 31hz 84sq inches of port, finishing it up today, then going to toss it in, and if its worthy of videos, there will be some taken, I did take videos of the other box the other night doing a hair trick but very hard to see, so i never uploaded it to youtube. Here are some pics so far of the box. was hard fitting the subs in there with the L port lol

DSC01581.jpg

DSC01579.jpg

DSC01580.jpg

*edit* for some reason the first pic was posted upside down lol

Edited by Hostility

Well i never took more pics, i figured videos would be better, but yet again, it was windy and a bit cold, so i had to make due. I also uploaded the bad night video of the old box just for comparison, used the same song in the new video. Def moves more air, but not louder, still need to do some more tests, also, the old box massaged your back like crazy, this new box you can barley feel it on your back, i find that odd. The old subs were aligned with each other across the back behind the seats.

*edit* the night video is normally blue in the background and you can see whats happening, but after uploading it, youtube makes it all black, so you cant see anything at all.

Thanks for the vids! You seem to hold good voltage, what amp are you using? Cute model for the vids!

lol the model is my gf, she helps put the box's in the truck, and hold subwoofers and build box's lol, then i make her try hair tricks lol. The amp is a sundown saz 2000, trying/wanting to get my sundown saz 3500 back for a bit more juice. Yea my truck does very well voltage wise. stays above 14volts full tilt while driving, and idle i have to give it some gas as it can drop to low 12's at times.

lol the model is my gf, she helps put the box's in the truck, and hold subwoofers and build box's lol, then i make her try hair tricks lol. The amp is a sundown saz 2000, trying/wanting to get my sundown saz 3500 back for a bit more juice. Yea my truck does very well voltage wise. stays above 14volts full tilt while driving, and idle i have to give it some gas as it can drop to low 12's at times.

Beautifull and helps with builds, She's a keeper!!

yea, ive been thinking about keeping her around lol, and thanks!

Where is everyone else that was in this thread???

yea, ive been thinking about keeping her around lol, and thanks!

Where is everyone else that was in this thread???

:shrug:

I been checking this thread cause I have an S10 Blazer I'm planning a project on.

awesome, post it up when you get it under way!!

Will do!

Sorry forgot about this thread.... :peepwall:

Did 3 boxes with the 2 12's and wasnt happy so I changed gears all together. Now im going to throw the 12's in a 4th order I believe in the wifes car. As far as the truck.............

197234_10150116385658723_733773722_6753125_6274908_n.jpg

DSCI0082-1.jpg

DSCI0081-1.jpg

DSCI0078-1.jpg

DSCI0079-1.jpg

brace.jpg

in.jpg

inside.jpg

wire.jpg

40' of 8 gauge and 40' more of 0 gauge. :morepower1:

Next will be picking up my teammates Sundwon 3500. At the show yesturday I burped a 148.9 outlaw in the kick and pulled off a peak of a 146.6 sealed on the kick on music. :drink40:

Going to try to lower the box alittle and get in under the rear window and try to get a 150 out of this thing sealed. :popcorn:

Noice scores! That deck looks great in the dash. Did you paint your dash trim bezel?

Thanks! And yes I painted it,the one my teammate found me had a small crack in it so it needed repaired and sanded anyways. Its Fusion paint from walmart thats textured....not sure if I like it yet or not. I think once its warmer Ill sand it down and reshoot it black and paint the overhead to match. All in all I will be swapping alts this month and hopefully have the 3500 paid for next month and I will rebuild the box as soon as it warms back up again. And those are 15's with just alittle over 6 cubes. 139" of port tuned at 40hz and the truck is peaking at 44hz. Even at 40hz tuning its still playing nice and low and reacting with the truck nicely.....all though the overhead console doesnt like it,that things taking a beating lol.

ive always wanted to do a Double Din in my truck, buts its hard to find the DD bezel for our trucks. Looks good!, what 15's are you running? How do you like them over the 12's? any videos??

I got lucky with mine a buddy found it at a yyard for like $15 other than a small crack in it. Mocking up the mounting tabs is a pain to get them lined up but im not a big fan of single dins. No vids yet but Ill try to get a few this week and Ill see if my run has been posted yet at the show. And they are Level 4s. All power is staying Sundown though. And the 15's over the 12's is alot diff. But I had 15's in before the 12's so im kinda biased there. The 12's did well just not what I was looking for and I think they will do nicely in my car.