Sign in to follow this  
smashedz28

Treo SSX

has anyone here used this sub before? Reason im asking is there is one here locally on CL. Price is $250. Seems like a healthy sub. I recently installed a 15" Fi Q in my s10 and im not happy what so ever with it. lol. Clean sounding sub, but not what im looking for. Plus the box is bigger than i really want. I want some pressure in this truck. All i know is what I read on treo's website which makes me believe this will be a better choice than the Q im running now. Looking for anyone with hands on experience or atleast heard one before. This sub being a 12" will hopefully let me build a little smaller box than I have now. Probably power it with a audiopipe 1500 for now.

Not real familiar with Treo but they look heavy duty! See if he will sell the sub without the box and see if you can get it cheaper.

yea, sent him an email telling him just that. too late to call right now. if no response by tomorrow ill just call him. looks like a beasty sub. box i got now in the truck is 3.3ish cu ft. says this ssx only needs 2.25 net. should be able to get that in the truck no problem. Never really looked into Treo subs before.. something new for me lol.

looks like im probably going to be picking this up today.. anyone have any more info on treo?

make the box for the woofer 2cubes usually a little smaller box makes it peaker and creates more spl.

I looked at them a while back... Don't know anyone with them so it was hard to find anything but youtube videos....

has anyone here used this sub before? Reason im asking is there is one here locally on CL. Price is $250. Seems like a healthy sub. I recently installed a 15" Fi Q in my s10 and im not happy what so ever with it. lol. Clean sounding sub, but not what im looking for. Plus the box is bigger than i really want. I want some pressure in this truck. All i know is what I read on treo's website which makes me believe this will be a better choice than the Q im running now. Looking for anyone with hands on experience or atleast heard one before. This sub being a 12" will hopefully let me build a little smaller box than I have now. Probably power it with a audiopipe 1500 for now.

Wow, what a statement. Plan on selling that 15"?? PM me if you are....

Treo makes some real nice subs. I've personally experienced a few Treo setups around here and they were all pretty decent, seemed like they were all different series too. From my experience you'll like the results.

Yea, wasnt happy with the 15" Q.. but im a bass head and the only thing i have to compare it to besides my friends 12" Q is my BTL.. I havent heard very many systems at all besides my own and maybe 2 others that were worth a shit. the Q and BTL are day and night difference. I will be selling the Q but im sorry I promised it to a friend, so he gets first dibs. If he goes another route then ill let you know alton. The Q was a good find on craigslist one day for $120, cant complain.. just not what i really wanted.

I picked up the Treo SSX tonight.. talked the guy down to $200.. first impression.. DAMN! heaviest 12 ive ever seen.. HUGE MOTOR. pics dont do that thing justice at all. Its in great condition. Dual 2. Only thing i can tell that isnt exactly what i thought was the tinsel leads.. Ive been stuck on Fi woofers for a while and they use real fat leads, this one has very thin leads. woven into the spider and all, just a quarter of the size fi uses. not sure how thats going to play into the equation. besides that it appears to be built like a tank. Im probably going to purchase an Audiopipe 1500d. Since I couldnt find crap on this sub other than a few F/S adds and a few youtube video's i guess i owe it to SSA to give a review as I get it installed. probably take me a week or 2, ill have to order the amp and build an enclosure. probably should atleast slap the big 3 on my truck. hell i could probably use a 2nd battery too...if i can find one cheap enough. we'll see how that goes. review to come.

I remember seeing that treo on craigs... lol

theres someone in the Sac CL selling pretty cheap brand new Kinetiks.

hmm, ill have to check that out. thanks.

dont buy the 1400, amazon.com has it cheaper. the 2400 though is a good deal if your buying used.

http://www.amazon.com/Kinetik-HC1400-1400-Power-Battery/dp/B000LUBQ4S/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1297153420&sr=8-5 Kinetik hc1400 $187.16 w/ free shipping. plus the drive from dublin to sac is some gas money lol.

I can vouch for a treo ssx.. i have a dual 1 treo ssx 15.. beastly we put up the treo 4.1 on it for a song and took it like a champ!! burps with around 7000 watts and can take 3500 easily daily. Also seen a 9 yr old treo play rusted magnets broken surround all sorts of shit and still plays like new

ps treo ssx line msrp is 800

Edited by Bigpoppa0508

Very popular brand here in Nebraska (Very overpriced if you buy it from a retailer here) I have never personally owned anything from Treo but have heard plenty. Set it up right and it can be loud.

This has all the specs of the sub:

http://www.treoonline.com/infosheets/ssx_subwoofers.pdf

If that doesn't work just got to Treo online and follow the pages until you get to the specs.

I can vouch for a treo ssx.. i have a dual 1 treo ssx 15.. beastly we put up the treo 4.1 on it for a song and took it like a champ!! burps with around 7000 watts and can take 3500 easily daily. Also seen a 9 yr old treo play rusted magnets broken surround all sorts of shit and still plays like new

ps treo ssx line msrp is 800

thats great! looks like I did decent for $200 then. thats the kind of stuff i wanted to hear. although im not going to be giving it 3500 watts, but im sure ill still be happy with it.

Good deal as long as there's no problems with it, don't think I've ever seen one even close to that cheap

nice! now get that bish installed and let us know how ya like it

waiting on a design for the box and i placed my order last night for an amp, should have it on the 16th of next week. Probably start on the box once i get my hands on the design. Also have some left over deadener (SDS) I should probably throw in the truck along with the big 3, probably should order up some more knu 1/0.. damn these installs get expensive lol.

nice looking sub... even used looks fantastic... GL

got it installed. 2.25 cu ft box, 32 hz tuned. not impressed at all. still need to mess with it more but just not impressed so far. sub has a ton of excursion and almost seems like it has potential but just doesnt deliver. powering it with a audiopipe 1500d. at this point not sure of what sounded better, my 15" Q in a 3.3cu ft @ 33hz or this one. think this one flexes my vehicle more, i can see windshield wipers bouncin a little. ill get some pics either today or tomorrow maybe a video. starting to wonder if Ill ever be happy with a system in this damn truck. probably the 5th system ive done in here and none have impressed me. really irritating. I aced it with my tahoe if i had to say so myself, but this truck is again a pain in my ass lol.

After some amp and HU adjustments i think this sub is going to work out just fine. For sure going to need to do something with my electrical, my gain knob is basically a dimmer for every light in my truck lol. trying to keep everything low until I can take care of the electrical. As far as the sub, its great. best 12" ive ever owned. Hits real low and the bass travel's nicely. No way could I compare it to the 18" BTL in my tahoe but its a great sub, i would be curious to hear what an 18" version of it could do on at least rated power. As far as this thread goes the sub was a success. Worth every penny spent on it and i would suggest it to anyone with similar goals to mine. Big improvement as far as spl is concerned over the 15" Q that i replaced.