onebadmonte

A Suburban A Warhorse and a pair of Double Dees

Show off with your fancy plasma cutter and nut-sert setter.

when this gonna be loud? maybe ill take the long way back to houston.

it's for the bass silly

i meant specifically whats going in it haha.

Hahaha. I hope soon, but I've got a ways to go. I've got to figure out how to mount my babies, I mean batteries. Here is a pics of their arrival home.

DSC03129.jpg

I thought you were poor? lol

Hahaha. I hope soon, but I've got a ways to go. I've got to figure out how to mount my babies, I mean batteries. Here is a pics of their arrival home.

DSC03129.jpg

Spare tire is what i am thinking. :ughdunno:

did you get the batteries locally?

I am. I've been collecting this crap for over a year and then some. :P

That's what I'm thinking. I'm just a little jumpy about hanging 650lbs worth of batteries and having it hold. :o

Yeah, there is a local distributor here in San Antonio. Got a semi good deal, and a warranty to boot. :P

I was going to ask the same thing! If so, I need to grab a couple for me and my buddy.

I am. I've been collecting this crap for over a year and then some. :P

That's what I'm thinking. I'm just a little jumpy about hanging 650lbs worth of batteries and having it hold. :o

I know the feeling Buddy. I have run out of room for bats now and now will be adding 2 more amps. :suicide-santa:

Waiting on a friend to get his done so I can check it out before i take the plunge myself. Second choice is removing the passenger side rear panel and building a rack there over the wheel well.

I was going to ask the same thing! If so, I need to grab a couple for me and my buddy.

When ever you are ready let me know and I'll get you the info on where to get them.

I know the feeling Buddy. I have run out of room for bats now and now will be adding 2 more amps. :suicide-santa:

Waiting on a friend to get his done so I can check it out before i take the plunge myself. Second choice is removing the passenger side rear panel and building a rack there over the wheel well.

There is enough room in the spare tire area for the 8 that I'll be running. Once I have something drawn up I'll post it for review. I've got the rear A/C unit behind the passenger side rear panel, and the drivers side has the fuel filler neck screwing up the show. No win there.

There is enough room in the spare tire area for the 8 that I'll be running. Once I have something drawn up I'll post it for review. I've got the rear A/C unit behind the passenger side rear panel, and the drivers side has the fuel filler neck screwing up the show. No win there.

Ah, meant to say driver side. Sorry.

Would really appreciate it if you did post up a drawing. If my buddy gets his done, I will try to get some specs off it too and some pics.

nice equipment sir!! I need me a second job so I can fulfill my audio desires!!!

Looking good bro :drink40: I'll be watching this close :popcorn: I just picked up a burban myself :dancing:

When ever you are ready let me know and I'll get you the info on where to get them.

Awesome! I need to order an in-dash screen and the wiring harness for my car before I can start my install. Stupid harness is like $100! I'll hopefully be picking up the Pioneer 4300DVD and the harness in 4 weeks when I get paid again. Bills and rent sure slow things down. :(

I think we are long overdue for an SSA meet around here. Maybe when the weather gets back to normal we can schedule something.

I got my screens in. The alpine NAV-1 is okay. To be honest I'm not too impressed with the graphical interface. My wife has a Pioneer 920Bt in her car, I like it better. Oh well, what is nice is that I can play a movie to the rear screens and listen to the radio at the same time. That way the little ones can enjoy a flick through headphones while I keep my sanity through music on long road trips. I used "The Black Box BB-R3" bypass from buysellauction on ebay. It was cheap and USA made so I figured what the heck. It works and I couldn't be happier. Any ways, here are some pics.

DSC03132.jpg

Here is a close up of the Alpine NAV-1

DSC03134.jpg

What's up everybody? Not much here, just got some work done on the box. With regards to tools, I got what I got and that's that. Working solo it's a pain trying to manage a full sheet of MDF on a wienie tablesaw. As it happens the cargo area of my Suburban measures 49" wide. Sheets of MDF in this area come in a 49" width. I had my box designed to a 49" width. This way I had the guys at the local Home Depot cross cut the sheet to the length I needed with their fancy panel saw. The guys were pretty cool about cutting the wood for me after I told them what I was doing. They thought I was nuts though. :P I used my table saw for the finish cuts and all the angle cuts. Here are some pics of what I got.

DSC02241.jpg

I opted to paint the inside of the box plain ass boring grey. I have no creativity. :(

DSC02605.jpg

I used some threaded inserts as a foundation to run some bolts through the wood for wiring.

DSC02607.jpg

Here is the wires I ran through the port.

DSC02611.jpg

Double runs of 8 gauge wire, because I can. :P

DSC02612.jpg

So far so good, more on the way.

I'm digging the box, like the terminals too :)

Enclosure is shaping up nicely!! Do you think if you used a different color than grey it would be louder?? :lol2:

Enclosure is shaping up nicely!! Do you think if you used a different color than grey it would be louder?? :lol2:

I've seen people do pretty good with white ports. Those red ports are pretty mean as well. I'm not sure how my grey port will do. o_o I guess I'll have to rely on 10 kilo-watts to pick up the rest of the slack. :P

whhhhaat where did you get a good deal on a warhorse?

I like your wiring technique, looks good man! I probably wound have ran a straight shot of one wire instead of having all of those connections.

Whats up with all the varying port angles? The initial port opening looks kinda tight.

I'm in S.A. too maybe one day I can get a demo!!!!! :fing34: