ssh

stefanhinote's volvo v40 build

Love your dad's car. Just something about them, but then again, i like most all Volvos. I've thought about doing some powder coating.. Need to look into pricing. Is it expensive (i know it's a locaton/shop type of thing, just curious)?

Most shops have a minimum job price. Meaning if you want something done it's $100. But they'll do multiple things for the same price. If your talking about small parts. Wheels I checked locally and they wanted $200 for a set of four wheels. If you have room. You could powder coat yourself for a few hundred dollars. You need an old oven, a sand blaster, powder coat gun and powder. You can pick up a sand blaster and powder coat gun and powder for about 175 at harbour freight. Then get a beat up old oven and find a 220v outlet to plug it into.

Sounds like a lot of work verse just paying them to do it :P

But then again if your planning on powder coating a lot of stuff then that's a different story.

Okay I'm bad at build logs...

I installed some hertz coaxial 5 1/4" speakers in the doors yesterday, sound pretty good, obviously not going to keep up with the sub stage but that's okay at this point :P

Also installed stinger volt gauge in my dash, voltage at idle with radio, ac, etc all off, was ~12.2volts. Driving at 2k rpm was about 13.5v :suicide-santa:

Added some wire from the output stud on stock alt to front battery... yes it's calibrated.

stockvoltage.jpg

:dancing: Now well just see how it does with the saz1500d :P

Glad to see some pics. Thought this was going to be just a chat to stay in touch. :roflmao:

Am I understand you correctly that you added wire from the alt to bat and your voltage jumped up that much?

If so, that's damn great!

Glad to see some pics. Thought this was going to be just a chat to stay in touch. :roflmao:

Am I understand you correctly that you added wire from the alt to bat and your voltage jumped up that much?

Yep, just added one run of 0/1 welding wire from output stud on stock alt to positive terminal on battery, no additional ground wires.

It should be enough to get me by for a few months until DC can make an alt for my car :)

Looken like someone might get the magic brown boxes tomorrow.

Looken like someone might get the magic brown boxes tomorrow.

Hell yeah! So excited!, just wish I had a box to put them in :trippy:

I'll post teh pictures of the xcons, maybe even try and make a wallpaper :D

coming along nicely, reminds me that I need to redo the tint in my Bronco

What size Xcons did you end up getting? Edit: Nevermind, I just saw who you bought them from.

Volvo's love Xcons btw :)

Excited to see the damage they do :P

Edited by ulrisa

Yep, just added one run of 0/1 welding wire from output stud on stock alt to positive terminal on battery, no additional ground wires.

It should be enough to get me by for a few months until DC can make an alt for my car :)

did you fuse the wire stef?

did you fuse the wire stef?

No, and I don't plan on it.

So my cousin is saving up for a system and wanted something temporarily, and I had a buddy that needed to sell his mtx amp and subs cause he needed the money, So I bought the mtx stuff to help him out and my cousin will have something to listen to in the mean time.

So any way stuffs just been sitting in my room for a few weeks, figured I mine as well hook it up and test everything out for a few days :P

temp.JPG

I haven't had any bass in my car for a few months now, so this was pretty loud :P

Also excited because I know my xcons and box will murder this :D

Update: Xcons just came in! Pictures will be posted later, thanks again MemphisMzd.

xcons1.JPG

xcons2.JPG

xcons3.JPG

:woot::gift:

They smell just like my icons and bls :D

looken good hope they were up to par! sorry about the bottom of the gaskets they had alittle paint stuck to them. Glad to see they made it alright good thing i saved the boxes. I cant wait now ive been without bass for a week now and my new btls are taking awhile to be built.

looken good hope they were up to par! sorry about the bottom of the gaskets they had alittle paint stuck to them. Glad to see they made it alright good thing i saved the boxes. I cant wait now ive been without bass for a week now and my new btls are taking awhile to be built.

I haven't had bass for a few months :D

xcons look great, only way I could tell they were used is cause they had some of the paint or whatever stuck under the gaskets, which is nothing :P

I'm very very excited to hear'm :rofl2:

Good deal and your in for it especially if you haven't had bass in months.

Good deal and your in for it especially if you haven't had bass in months.

oh yeah :D

made a wallpaper for those that have xcons...

xcons.png

You can spray a rag with WD40 or gas get the paint wet and wipe it right off. Been there done that.

Looking really nice Stefan. :fing34:

You can spray a rag with WD40 or gas get the paint wet and wipe it right off. Been there done that.

Yeah I'll probably try rubbing alcohol then wd40 or something :P

Thanks

Yeah I'll probably try rubbing alcohol then wd40 or something :P

Thanks

denatured alcohol will do wonders as well...

I know your happy to have some XCONS, what's the enclosure plans?

long story :P

Had Andrew start building me one for my jeep back in Nov. Then the beginning of this month I told him to hold off cause I'm getting a new car and the box likely wouldn't fit.

Got a new car and the box dimensions fit, so he's going back to finishing it up. Only change is moving the aero ports around so they don't butt up against fenderwell or glass/hatch.

No pictures, but specs are:

31 deep

34 wide

19.85 tall

7.6 cubes @ 33 Hz (3 6" psp aeroports)

single baffle w/ flush mount.

wooden dowel bracing, 45s in corners

So it should be pretty cool :rofl2:

long story :P

Had Andrew start building me one for my jeep back in Nov. Then the beginning of this month I told him to hold off cause I'm getting a new car and the box likely wouldn't fit.

Got a new car and the box dimensions fit, so he's going back to finishing it up. Only change is moving the aero ports around so they don't butt up against fenderwell or glass/hatch.

No pictures, but specs are:

31 deep

34 wide

19.85 tall

7.6 cubes @ 33 Hz (3 6" psp aeroports)

single baffle w/ flush mount.

wooden dowel bracing, 45s in corners

So it should be pretty cool :rofl2:

Sounds great! Love seeing Andrews work. When is he gonna post up some pics of the enclosure coming together??