the fs around 50

i was thinking around 46 hertz

any suggestions

cubit feet?

oh and its going to be in a back seat of a toyota celica gt 90

not a hatchback

so limited on space

fi doest say frequency

and the fi 's cubic recomendation seems low for the n3s?

Edited by madmike0121

It probably isnt, but recones are not too expensive from Fi :)

what do you guys mean the n3 is the best one of the BTL series right its the highest number! I mean why would I want to read the line that says SPL and who wants to do research when buying a SUB. BOOOOOOOOOOM is all I think about! whats SQ anyway? :suicide-santa::WTFBubble::noob::stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :jon: :jon: :jon: :jon: :jon: :jon: :jon: :jon: :jon: :jon: :jon: :jon:

.....Yeah, 46 Hertz Sounds About Right, Turn Your Gain Knob All The Way Up On Your Amp And Leave Your Subsonic Filter Off Too, And Play Nothing But Severely Slowed Down Bass Boosted Songs.

/sarcasm.

i guess u could say a spl car

going to play it daily sometimes not full tuilt but for some background bass

and when spl competitions come put 10,000 watts two 2 fi n3 and see how i do

ok so hers what i was thinking

build the box to 46 hertz

so that when the subs break in the fs lowers

set my cut off frequency at around 45 hertz

i wouldnt think that setup would involve lots of recones

i know the n3 S P L

lets so how they do

i wish somebody else owns the n3s so i could get some suggestions

:suicide-santa:

Better do some research on the N3 BTL. It is an SPL Burp only sub woofer. Playing it "daily" will sound like :bull: .

Look into the N2 BTL or the 4" coil BL if your looking at doing SPL and daily.

:sleepwerd4: How's the electrical in this vehicle? 10k is gonna take alot of amperage

Tune 5 hz. or so below the resonant frequency of your vehicle. Fs. has nothing to do with it.

This is a SPL sub. If you know anything about SPL at at all you would know to not ask this question because it is entirely install and vehicle dependent. Fi doesn't recommend using this sub for a daily driving scenario. /rant.

Is the N3 really a SPL ONLY sub? or can it still be used as a daily driver? I am asking because the way it is worded on the site tells me its still a daily driver. Yes i know its a 3k+ sub, but it does not say SPL ONLY.

Its designed more for SPL than a N2, but it won't explode if you play music with it.

It just has more motor force than Fi recommends for a good daily sub.

I'm not understanding why people want to run these daily? The N2 is built for high power handling daily.

So why run a sub outside of its designed intentions, when the company makes one that exactly fits?

The N3 isn't going to handle anymore power on music than the N2, so there really isn't no real reason to get a N3. Unless your competing in SPL, and play VERY little music. But still the N2 will fit into that category also.

But when it comes to tuning, only your install can determine that. Nobody can say a exact frequency without testing where your vehicle peaks at.

I hope this clears a few things up.