Jd377

Jd377 97 Civic HB Build Log

Hey guys, realised I never really started a build log, but I always wanted to.. So I figure its never too late to start and i can always go back and add old stuff in here that I already completed. :)

Well Monday I got my Kinetik HC1400r in the mail and then installed it Tuesday afternoon before college! This thing is a beast for sure compared to Walmarts batt I was runnin up front :)

100wsp.th.jpg

101sx.th.jpg

102fk.th.jpg

104ks.th.jpg

105own.th.jpg

108udg.th.jpg

109es.th.jpg

110bok.th.jpg

111rf.th.jpg

112oq.th.jpg

113nb.th.jpg

114zh.th.jpg

115l.th.jpg

120qh.th.jpg

124ip.th.jpg

126whe.th.jpg

Edited by Jd377

Nice.... Need more photos of cool lights under your car... :fing34:

Cool lights under car = broken :( as of a year ago.. NOOB friend installed them crappy, wires went slice and oops bye bye to lights.. I'm planning on gettin new underglow after Alt purchase within next 2 months :) ( but if I get alt.. Im scared I might get 18 xcon or 18 btl and a new amp aq 2200 or sundown 2500 )

I randomly took these the other night when i was bored though, I have interior lights under dash. They have 7 diff. colors to choose from / or strobing.. ( my underglow was 7 as well but is busted, interior works good as new though)

Pics are terrible quality as my camera sucks outside in the dark.. Ill try to get better ones sometime.

116id.th.jpg

117ac.th.jpg

cool beans... my boy has similar setup in his Stang... I cannot pull this off in my family sedan... lmfao :suicide-santa:

Sure you can Rofl, I put strobes in mine Just to say I have strobes in my car, they are on the inside. 1 in each corner of my car pointing in and it has different patterns, when they are on it looks like a freakin party in my car + underglow on dash & the 18 ssd! Ill have to make some vids of all my random crap for you guys. Hopefully Ill get more pics up tomorrow, they are all on my other computer, then I can continue my log.

Battery looks good! :morepower1:

:morepower1: is a good way to start a build log! To bad about the underbody lights, I've always liked them on a ride.

:morepower1: is a good way to start a build log! To bad about the underbody lights, I've always liked them on a ride.

http://www.oznium.com/underbody-kits

There ya' go! Get some! i've thought about it, but then always think, "that's money that could go to electrical or audio..."

http://www.oznium.com/underbody-kits

There ya' go! Get some! i've thought about it, but then always think, "that's money that could go to electrical or audio..."

Great site right there! Have ordered a lot from them and they have great customer service!

Oznium is the bomb, Have purchased plenty of times and they always ship fast

BUT for underglow I use http://www.ledunderbody.com/ They are amazing, they have some legit kits and I just got an e-mail for 15% off any purchase now through march 31st Just use the code "Spring2011" :) Hook yourselves up. I had the 7 color underglow kit, ( they stopped making mine and just released the 7 color SLIMLINE underglow kit!! I'm getting the new slimline after I get my alt ) It is free shippin over $50 I believe and was very fast when I got mine, comes with a keychain remote that turns on/off, changes color, and also changes pattern if wanted and pattern speed on remote. :P

Edited by Jd377

Just got home from work about an hour ago and found this came in the mail!! :dancing:

Blue Stinger Digital Voltmeter!!

dsc08876p.th.jpg

dsc08877r.th.jpg

dsc08878f.th.jpg

dsc08879lx.th.jpg

dsc08880.th.jpg

dsc08881j.th.jpg

dsc08882b.th.jpg

I've wanted one for so long! I cant wait to get rid of my junky one I got at an auto parts store, this one I will actually be able to tell the voltage as its exact and digital :)

One question, When I set my voltage on this, Do I do it with the engine off?.. like turn the key to acc, but have the engine "off" ? Or do I need the engine on to set the voltage using my dmm and screwdriver?

it shouldn't matter what your car is set to. I like to do it at idle with the car warmed up so there is a steady rpm rate and no change in voltage. or turn everything on to get your alt charging. I don't like to do it with the car off because voltage seems to fluctuate on me too much.

Side note:

When uploading pics. to image shack choose the 640X480 size. Then when you have your grid of photos in your "my images" screen click the little "i" button next to the photo you want to share and copy and paste the "forum" link. Should get your pics. to size on here. :drink40: I always uncheck the box that says "include details". Hope this helps!

Alright sorry lol, I guess I made them small but they are clickable, But yeah i'll get em up bigger for you guys so there is no clicking needed :fing34:

Nothing to be sorry about. Just a little tip ;)

Here are pics from when I got my Sundown SAX 1200d and my wiring last Sept. (2010)

dsc08473j.jpgdsc08474pv.jpgdsc08475q.jpgdsc08471a.jpgdsc08481f.jpgdsc08482vg.jpgdsc08484i.jpgdsc08492d.jpgdsc08497.jpgdsc08480v.jpgdsc08490r.jpgdsc08486t.jpg

:morepower1:

This thing is my baby and I love it! Best amp ever and would recommend Sundown amps to EVERYONE!! BUY IT!!

I also found a few pics from when I was hooking up my Kinetik hc600 for my trunk

dsc08542f.jpg

dsc08539n.jpg

dsc08540f.jpg

Looking good!

That SAX-1200D is a little power house.

Dude I know right, these amps are so beast! Hey question anyone.. If i purchase an Xcon 18 and run it on my sundown sax 1200d.. Is it goin to still pound.. I mean ,.. 1st I need my alt then next I want the xcon.. and I wont be able to get a new amp until after that, I figure 1200 is still quite a bit of power but it handles close to 2,000 So i wasnt sure if 1200 would even flex it much.

I got it on my Incriminator Death Row 18" and it pounds and sounds great! It is almost to the point of hurting lol. My local Sundown dealer says that it hurt and he has 4 DD 9515's and 8 M3 amplifiers and hovers around that 159 db range on music. So I took it as a compliment lol!

Lol, alright. I guess it will just have to play on the 1200 until I get money for a 2,000-2,500 watt amp. ( plus I think the 1200 might put out over 1200 with good voltage.. so maybe since im gettin a new alt first that will boost the voltage and amp power anyway until I can afford the next amp :) I Just need that xcon so bad, I can't wait to blow the crap outta my civic!! this wimpy 18" ssd already tortures my civic but man the xcon hahahaha I cant wait :morepower1:

Pics look good :fing34:

Is that welding wire?

It's actually just wire from a memphis set I got at my local audio shop. I go there all the time so the guy gave me like $10 off that pack which included an anl fuse holder and it ended up cheaper than I could have bought everything separately at the price he gave it to me for. :)