SickNasty lil car build

Equipment:

-Pioneer Avh-p5100 h/u

Speakers:

-Usher 8948a 7" midbass - active

-Hertz HSK 165 comp set (6.5" midrange and ht25 tweets) - passive

-Morel MDT-39 tweets - active

Amps:

-Soundstream Van Gogh 500.4 (powering morel tweets and hsk comp set)

-Arc Audio SE 2075 (powering usher 8948a's)

-US Amps AX3200DE (powering subs @ .75ohms)

Subs:

-2 12" TC sounds neo axis (2500wrms each - 3ohm DVC drivers)

Batteries:

-XS Power D2400

-XS Power S1200 up front

Need to order:

-Mechman 240A H/O alt

-Audiocontrol Overdrive Plus line driver

So here's the deal. I had one TC 12 axis neo in a 4th order off the ax3200de running at 1.5 ohms sans box rise. No line driver, and I needed one bad since my highs amp at the time didn't have rca outputs so I had to use y-adapters. Either way it did a 140 outlaw on the tl. Not bad imo since it was for a SQ'ish install anyways. But I missed my old 12" btls and was soon fienin for bass again.

So I am redoing my system, in fact I am almost done with it... just need to order the H/O alt and line driver, and need to finish wrapping my doors since I fiberglassed them to fit all my frontstage. I will have no rear fill. Then a nice tune and it's done!

I built a birch enclosure tuned to around 32hz and used a 7.5" aero port (home depot sonotube) and had Adrian_D off SSA make me some custom flares which fit like a glove. I also sealed the rear deck and trunk lid gaps and holes with great stuff, and filled the rear inner panels and a,b, and c pillars with polyfil. I fiberglassed sealed enclosures for each speaker in the doors and am adding polyfil into them. I will update this thread as I get things finished off.

Please excuse the pics, as I took them over time, they are all mixed up. lol

The car:

img32162.jpg

img2422medium.jpg

img2436medium.jpg

img2443medium.jpg

img2444medium.jpg

img2446medium.jpg

img2456medium.jpg

img2705medium.jpg

img2758medium.jpg

img2848medium.jpg

img2928medium.jpg

img2948medium.jpg

img2958medium.jpg

img2974medium.jpg

img2976medium.jpg

img2980medium.jpg

img2995medium.jpg

img3004medium.jpg

img3051medium.jpg

img3053medium.jpg

img3105medium.jpg

img3130medium.jpg

img3132medium.jpg

img3134medium.jpg

img3138medium.jpg

img3180medium.jpg

img3198medium.jpg

img3230medium.jpg

img3236medium.jpg

img3240medium.jpg

img3244medium.jpg

img3245medium.jpg

img3250medium.jpg

img3251medium.jpg

img3253medium.jpg

img3260medium.jpg

img3266medium.jpg

img3269medium.jpg

img3272medium.jpg

img3275medium.jpg

img3281medium.jpg

img3290medium.jpg

Here are some of the box and port, and how it sits right now. Box is bolted down and secured...everything is so nothing moves as a make quick turns and stops. Flares are just primered until I decide on a color.

img3321large.jpg

img3337large.jpg

img3339large.jpg

img3341large.jpg

img3345large.jpg

Here's how they look before getting wrapped in black suede type material. Pics are kinda big, if anyone wants to resize them thats fine with me. :peepwall:

img3311large.jpg

Edited by UpGradde

Lil car builds FTW!!!!

I have mechman 240, kicks ass. Good luck with build :popcorn:

Edited by crunkjuice1

Pods/doors look good. Why passive AND active? Going to paint your port? the cardboard part?

Looks really nice bro :drink40: I'm eager to see those doors all done :popcorn:

I guess I'll be sending a PM to adrian about some flares for myself :fing34:

Looking good bro. Doors full of win. Love it. :drink40: Must hear when you are done.

Pods/doors look good. Why passive AND active? Going to paint your port? the cardboard part?

It really started as a passive setup with the hsk comp set, then I decided I needed more midbass, so I added the usher 8948a's which are going to be bandpassed somewhere around 70hz-whatever sounds better to the ear. I do not plan on overlapping frequencies with the hsk's unless it sounds better. As for the morel tweets, this was the part I was unsure of. I mainly got them just in case the Hertz ht25 tweets weren't enough, but we'll see. It's all trial and error. If I find the morel's mess up the soundstage (since the ht25's are in the A pillar's) I'll just sell them and cover the hole on the door with something nice lol.

As far as paint, I don't plan painting the cardboard part as it isn't visible at all especially with that giant flare in the way. THe flare is just primered for now until I decide on a color. btw, these flares couldn't have come out any better, attention to detail given by Adrian is fantastic.

Looking good bro. Doors full of win. Love it. :drink40: Must hear when you are done.

Thanks Hugo, I will definately let you know when it is done. You do the same as I'd love to have a mini meet and check out the system in the suburban. :morepower1:

Here's how they look before getting wrapped in black suede type material. Pics are kinda big, if anyone wants to resize them thats fine with me. :peepwall:

img3311large.jpg

Door panel is pure sex, do you mind if I have a smoke? Awesome work!!

This build is awesome! I absolutely love your doors. I recently tried doing some fiberglassing, Didn't end up very good :P But after seeing yours, gives me some more motivation to take my time and try again :drink40:

Nice work man. I LOVE that paintjob. Would you mind letting me know what brand and the name of that color? It's SO sick.

nice work, doors are looking real good so far :drink40:

Thanks for all the compliments! I have a LOT of hours into the doors. In the last pic, they are just primered like the flares. I was thinking of leaving them painted black, but decided on wrapping them.

The paint is a House of Kolor Candy Orange (they have like 5 different candy orange paint codes) on a silver metallic base. They also have a gold metallic base but it would be a couple of shades darker than the silver base.

On a side note, I tried playing the subs full tilt today... voltage dropped to 11.9 fairly fast. I backed off the volume knob quickly. Definately need more power and won't play it full tilt until I get an alt. However, these are the loudest subs I've ever had. :peepwall:

Nice glass work. How long did it take for both doors? estimated time

Well I would work on them whenever I was free. I'd say anywhere from 32 - 56 hours. I did take my time on them, especially aligning the pods to the proper angles (and this is my first time fiberglassing).

Wow, how did i miss this one!

Nice work man, it looks really great. Those doors are sick.

:drink40:

I'd love some doors like these. Nice work !

That port is massive !!!

:fing34::fing34::popcorn:

hey man nice build, what part of austin are you from? i stay on the eastside i know oscar. how do those tc subs sound? ive always wanted to hear a tc before. great build btw .

those door panels are beautiful man! :fing34:

Edited by On3Hundr3dProof

Thanks again :drink40: The doors are taking longer than expected, they are TOUGH to wrap right. Have to cut several pieces and sewing sucks. :greddy2:

Orlando, I am located around slaughter and 35, the southside. As far as how they sound, the tc's just get nasty low and flex everything. They have no problem playing down to 26hz with authority. Right now, if I had to guess, I am around high 140's. The subs are NOT sealed off, I have terrible rca voltage signal, I am running a stock 90A alt... not enough power especially since my amp is seeing .75 ohm nominal. Car is heavily dampened though, thats a plus. You are more than welcome to hear it, I just need that alt and a line driver before I really start playing them. My goal is a 150 on the mic. We'll see.

Nice looking build man! :drink40: