outhopu

My new hooptie, 1980 CoupeDeville. Bumping on a budget.

It's been a while but I'm still trying to get this thing lifted before the summer is long gone. Trying to get the hydraulics in by Friday to be able to make it to the Woodward Dream Cruise.

Got the rack built and welded in.

Picture318.jpg

Then added some blue leds to spice it up a bit.

Picture321.jpg

I also added a long strip of white leds to the trunk lid to give a proper trunk light that puts out enough light to be able to service the system at night if needed. The second pic was taken at night with no flash.

Picture325.jpg

Picture323.jpg

I had to get my daughter involved some more on the build so I gave her a paint brush and put her to work.

Picture327.jpg

Picture326.jpg

Picture328.jpg

More to come over the next few days.

WOW!! Looks Great!!! Amp rack turned out nice and dang the lights you added are bright! Deff. will be nice if the time comes for making a repair. Keep it up!!

Loving the whole thing bro! I can't wait to see the final outcome of the entire setup :popcorn:

On a side note....good to see others getting the next generation involved :drink40:

Way to get the kid involved dad! It's coming around, shouldn't be long now.

Looking good. :fing34: Wish I was close enough to make it to the Woodward Dream Cruise. :\

HOLY CRAP!!! where have i been that i missed your awesome update. looks great man. i'll definitely be looking out for this on woodward this weekend.

WOW!! Looks Great!!! Amp rack turned out nice and dang the lights you added are bright! Deff. will be nice if the time comes for making a repair. Keep it up!!

Thanks. I'm glad I decided to do the lighting in the trunk. It's nice to be able to see everything clearly at night.

Loving the whole thing bro! I can't wait to see the final outcome of the entire setup :popcorn:

On a side note....good to see others getting the next generation involved :drink40:

Way to get the kid involved dad! It's coming around, shouldn't be long now.

My daughter loves helping me work on the rides. Hopefully she will stick with it.

Looking good. :fing34: Wish I was close enough to make it to the Woodward Dream Cruise. :\

It's definetly a good time. It's amazing how far some people travel just to be a part of it. We did make it out there and my daughter had a blast.

Wow!!

You do some nice work.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

HOLY CRAP!!! where have i been that i missed your awesome update. looks great man. i'll definitely be looking out for this on woodward this weekend.

I just hit the Harper cruise last night as well.

Now, sorry guys for not posting more pics sooner but I've been on vaction and didn't get any real good pics yet. Heres a couple from tonight. It's not 100% done yet. I need to replace the pressure hoses with S/S hardline when I get time and hide the wiring better. Likely won't get to that until over the winter.

Picture383.jpg

Picture387.jpg

I'll try to get some better pics when the suns out and show the new stance also.

That looks sick. I'm guessing it's the hydrolics? lol but.. love how that looks!

Excellent work man. Loving the ol' time-ie faucet valve handles. I've been out of the hydro seen for a while so I'm not sure how popular they are now a days. Seeing those on yours "reminds me of a time not so long ago when things were simpler." :P A little line I picked up from Zombieland. I'm such a dork. Cool build though, f@cking cool build. Congrats.

Wow very nice craftsmanship.

This is what originally got my attention and me interested in the whole car audio seen back in 86'.

Hydraulics and sound systems for the win!

Do you have any pictures of the hydraulics build?

good to see a Layitlower spreading things around to other forums. Funny reading the comments here about the car. I'm using those amps in my daily, love them.

That looks sick. I'm guessing it's the hydrolics? lol but.. love how that looks!

Yes they are the hydraulic pumps and dumps that control the lift and lay. Thanks.

Excellent work man. Loving the ol' time-ie faucet valve handles. I've been out of the hydro seen for a while so I'm not sure how popular they are now a days. Seeing those on yours "reminds me of a time not so long ago when things were simpler." :P A little line I picked up from Zombieland. I'm such a dork. Cool build though, f@cking cool build. Congrats.

The slowdowns I'm running are a new "reproduction" of an old school zig zag slow down. They aren't something you see in every install but most guys doing higher end installs have been using them more with them being more readily available. I wanted a certain look for the set up and running the Adex dumps and waterfaucet slow downs were a must. Thanks.

Wow very nice craftsmanship.

This is what originally got my attention and me interested in the whole car audio seen back in 86'.

Hydraulics and sound systems for the win!

Do you have any pictures of the hydraulics build?

I didn't get as many pics of the entire process as I usually do. I was very pressed for time on getting the hydraulics in so my usual step by step pics had to be sacrifed. Honestly though there is very little done to the chassis at this point to show any ways. This is a very basic system to lift and lower the car. No hopping or 3 wheel in this ride just keeping it simple and drivable. Just took it on a 3 hour round trip over the weekend on the highway with no major issues.

good to see a Layitlower spreading things around to other forums. Funny reading the comments here about the car. I'm using those amps in my daily, love them.

I thought your user name looked familiar. The funny thing is I haven't even posted any of the hydraulic build on Layitlow yet. It's kind of nice posting in here under the radar.

Looks very nice, appears you still have a little working room even though you have a full trunk. More pics please.

Looks very nice, appears you still have a little working room even though you have a full trunk. More pics please.

It has just enough room to be serviced. That is a big factor when I design the lay out of my hydraulic set ups. It's a real challenge to make something look super clean with hidden wires, connections, and hoses yet still be servicable. I'll get more pics when the weather starightens up. It's been raining like crazy the last few days.

Super clean. Need videos of it in action!

Thanks. I haven't had much time lately or good weather for that matter to get many pics. Here's a couple from a car show I went to a couple weekends ago. I still have a bit more work to do to get it lower in the rear and I still haven't had the time to finish doing the hardlines in the trunk.

ferras042.jpg

ferras043.jpg

Sweet!!! Gotta be Awesome to cruize around in.

ferras043.jpg

You make it look too easy to have such a sweet ride. Looks very nice. Congrats bro. :fing34:

Man, she is looking great, I too love the faucet handles. This is making me want to snatch up the '69 Sedan DeVille my father in law has for sale.

I have really enjoyed getting out and riding the little bit that I've manged to. I did have a little problem this weekend with it. I lowered the rear a bit more and managed to puncture the gas tank dragging the ass end. Oh well at least I didn't blow myself up.lol.

You make it look too easy to have such a sweet ride. Looks very nice. Congrats bro. :fing34:

Thanks.

I wish it was as easy a build as the pics let on. Truth be told I had lots of set backs and do overs but thats just how some projects go. I've got a lot more planned for it over the winter but time will tell how much of it gets done or not.

Man, she is looking great, I too love the faucet handles. This is making me want to snatch up the '69 Sedan DeVille my father in law has for sale.

Thanks. Like I always say nothing beats an oldschool, I say scoop up the 69 and ride in style. :fing34:

I have really enjoyed getting out and riding the little bit that I've manged to. I did have a little problem this weekend with it. I lowered the rear a bit more and managed to puncture the gas tank dragging the ass end. Oh well at least I didn't blow myself up.lol.

Oh Crap!! I guess there is always a bright side to every situation.

Oh Crap!! I guess there is always a bright side to every situation.

That's what I was thinking, how optimistic lol, keepin' it real.

The bass fell off a bit mid summer then got even worse by the end of summer so I pulled the box to inspect the subs.

Carnage...

Each chamber had a blown sub. This is from the left

Picture510.jpg

Picture509.jpg

This is from the right.

Picture508.jpg

Luckily I was able to convert the box over to a ported box with a good bit of cutting.

Picture511.jpg

Picture513.jpg

Picture514.jpg

These sections were not fun to cut out.

Picture515.jpg

I have 4 10" Polk MM1040 subs in the basement that will be the replacement subs for the new ported box. It works out good since the box works out to 1 cubic foot per driver which is what Polk specs for them when ported. I just need to make some longer ports to get the tuning correct, slap the bottom panel back on and I should be good to go. Should gain some output also by going ported. The 25mm of excursion on the new subs compared to the 18mm of the old subs will hopefully handle the abuse better.

What happened? Too large of enclosure? What do you plan to tune to? Remember to get more port area for the added excursion.