sefugi

Grasshopper's Hoe

Oh my!!! Time for another build, I am tuned. Nice head unit, the wifey will be stoked!!

This HU will give her many options compared to the factory unit. She's gonna say: :woot:

Very nice choice on the speaka's. What model are they? :captain:

CL-51A- Neither of us have tried CDT before. Entry level but wanted to give them a shot.

:woot: updates! 6 channel RCAs? what amp are you using? did i miss this, already?

Are you doing any custom work on this or only dropping in components?

Go custom :)

give a quick review of those speakers when you're all wired up. i have been looking at those for a long time but no one local has them so i'm not going to buy them on a poor man's budget

give a quick review of those speakers when you're all wired up. i have been looking at those for a long time but no one local has them so i'm not going to buy them on a poor man's budget

what he said ^^ :fing34:

Edited by bcst86

And the award for the most amount of audio installs in one year goes to....

I'm starting to think I'm slacking over here with all these builds you got going. :popcorn:

In for the install. :bandwagon2::popcorn:

Subscribed.

:dancing:

what he said ^^ :fing34:

Will do, been wanting to try these out as well. Easier to check them out when someone else is flipping the bill. :drink40:

Are you doing any custom work on this or only dropping in components?

Go custom :)

I am not the decision maker in this build only helping with the install. I have made suggestions. Grasshopper does feel strongly that if something is done up front like pods or kicks that his wife would be stepping all over them. :shrug:

I know I wouldn't do a setup like that for my wife, things like that just don't mix well with her.

:woot: updates! 6 channel RCAs? what amp are you using? did i miss this, already?

Got the amp yesterday. Grasshopper wanted an all in one amp. Minimize on distribution of power wires and "she don't need that much power" :(

And the award for the most amount of audio installs in one year goes to....

I'm starting to think I'm slacking over here with all these builds you got going. :popcorn:

Yeah right, coming from a guy who is completely building a frame, designing and building a beautiful piece of furniture(used as an enclosure) just to name a few...

Had a busy Easter weekend so didn't get anything done but here is the amp. MB Quarts ONX4.80/500

img4026t.jpg

img4027x.jpg

img4035r.jpg

img4036.jpg

Had to take a look inside, seems like a lot of empty space on the board... :shrug:

img4037ytc.jpg

X2 on the open space. Maybe for heat dissipation? I've wondered the same thing on a couple amp gut"s i've seen. Maybe the want the amp to look larger than it needs to so people get impressed by it's physical size? :ughdunno: Looks sexy though.

Don't know the reason but at 22" long it is quite large. Sexy? I don't know bout that, but it does have a nice contrast of gloss and flat black finish. Now to figure out were to mount this monster.

Don't know the reason but at 22" long it is quite large. Sexy? I don't know bout that, but it does have a nice contrast of gloss and flat black finish. Now to figure out were to mount this monster.

Under the rear seat :ughdunno:

That is what I was thinking, but Grasshopper mentioned when you have something that long you want to show it off! :ehh:

That is what I was thinking, but Grasshopper mentioned when you have something that long you want to show it off! :ehh:

True **** lol

Sweet stuff coming on. Mb quart looks nice.

Spoken like a true man, gotta show it off :roflmao:

Grasshopper has been busy as **ll so we havn't gotten rockin' on the Tahoe just yet.

He is still ordering some things. Got the stinger speaker wire yesterday.

He originally was going with 2-CDT 8" subs but that has been modified. Bout time to show a little love to the SSA store, so we are going with 2-10" DCONs.

Will get rollin' with this as soon as we both can schedule some time.

Bwahahahaha!

Dcons ftw, :D

Should pack a little more punch than the CDT 8's.