heres my problem, i already have my amps in hand, in question is the mono subwoofer amp which is a hifinoics brutus BRZ2400.1D RMS Power @ 1 ohm 2400 watts x 1 channel

i also already ordered my subs which are 3 fi q series 18's, someone brought up to me that with ohm rise i really will only see around 500 watts per sub, and to me thats a waste when thats only half there rated power..so i have 2 options to go from here, by another fi q and end up with 4 18's and buy another brz 2400 watt amp which would really put a strain on me budget wise, or stay with the 3 18's and use the brz 2400 watt amp on 2 of the fi q series and buy a Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D for only $209 and hook that up to the single 18, how does that sound? i mean id love to go with 4 18''s but i just cant swing it at the moment..so really my only choice is to buy another amp and have 3 amps in my system a 4 chnl, and the 2 mono amps a brz 2400 for 2 of the Q's and a brz 1200 for the other Q..please let me know how this sounds..also in order to pull this off i know the single sub would have to be 2ohm dvc and the other 2 subs would have to be 1ohm dvc for both to get the 1 ohm load i want to see from the amp

Just run the three on the amplifier you have now. Those subwoofers will do great with 500w each.

What's your goal for this system?

my goal is a daily driver, will never compete..but i want to get the most potential out of them and i feel giving them only half there rated power is almost a waste, do you guys think my idea of using 2 seperate amps to power the 3 is not a good idea?

Definitely not a good idea. What about going with just two Q's instead of three? See how you like that setup and if you are happy you can sell the other. If you want more output buy a fourth. Or if you want to stick with three you will have to buy a bigger amplifier.

What ohm load voice coils for the woofers? Also I mean 3 will always give you an akward starting ohm and rise will remain IMO. I would do as DEyoung said and rock to and if its not enough for you buy a fourth and sell that amp and run a bigger one.... But I would stick with the two because you will have a nice amount of cone just do a proper enclosure...... If its not going for NUMBERS then tune LOW that seems from what I read for what you are looking for try to tune to 30 and get the biggest enclosure and port area you can

can you guys suggest a decent 3000 watt amp for $500 max? or is that wishful thinking?

Maybe used, definitely not new. Check the for sale section.

almost embarrassed to ask about this brand here, but what do you guys think of the Power Acoustik OVN1-5500D gothic series and the Power Acoustik BAMF-5500/1D amps? the reviews on sonix electronix sound good..

They don't do rated power. Save your money for a bit and buy a better brand. Hell a brand new AQ3500 is $750.

They don't do rated power. Save your money for a bit and buy a better brand. Hell a brand new AQ3500 is $750.

lol, funny you mention that, i was just on there site

Go to the for sale section. Shizzzon has used AQ3500s for sale for $520.

Are you going to do a wall ?

If not, make a box for the 3 subs and use your amp. Enjoy it until you can get a 4th sub and another amp.

But 3 18" on more than 2000 watts : that should hit hard !!!

Audiopipe? you can get the 3000d for under $300 new

Who told you that you will have 500 on each??? When multiple resitors(voice coils) are parallel across a single source(1 channel),all resistors will see the same input. At 1ohm all 3 subs will see 2400w not divide and share.

Who told you that you will have 500 on each??? When multiple resitors(voice coils) are parallel across a single source(1 channel),all resistors will see the same input. At 1ohm all 3 subs will see 2400w not divide and share.

FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE...

If that were true.. then what you are implying is i can go buy a 1,000w amp for ~$150.. then go purchase 16 16 ohm single coiled drivers and get that amp to put out 16,000w.

That's means it's over 1,000% efficient!

I don't think so.

Power is distributed from the amp to ALL coils.

As long as the coils in the configuration are all wired the same, they will all receive evenly distributed power (minus inefficiencies in wire length and gauge from one sub to another)

Now, if u had a 2 ohm and a 4 ohm coil, then the user is just plain retarded and the 2ohm would receive MORE, but never make the amp put out more power than what it can possibly do.

Now, to the original poster-

What vehicle is this going in?

What coil config did you order your Q's in?

Even though i am selling few 3500ds, i'm gonna see if u can get away with what u got without spending any extra money as that's always the goal.

lol, funny you mention that, i was just on there site

Crescendo BC3500d is about $589.99 puts out 3800+ watts at 1 ohm (13.8 volts).. There will be a lot of people reviewing them soon including me. (audiopipe ap30001 gets sooooooo hot IMO)

To my knowledge ohms law still stands!!!!!

And no,16 16ohm drivers on 1000w does not make 16Kw output, it pts 1000w on 16 drivers all seeing the same input(which should make for some nice fireworks) not dividing the input as you would get if you were to run the load in series.

Unless AC and DC theory has changed since I graduated with my electronic engineering degree!!!

BTW......it has not!

The drivers will all SEE the same voltage, the current is what gets divided...

When the current gets divided.. the POWER(wattage) gets divided.

So if we had 100v 100a = 10,000w on 10 drivers

Take dmm and ammeter to each sub-

Each sub will measure 100v, 10a = 1,000w per driver

Touche'. You are correct. That's what I get for opening my big mouth on no sleep for 26hrs(18 on the clock).!. Always glad to be corrected. At least 6yrs removed from any real power calcs anyway.

Sounds like you need one less sub or one more amp and sub.

Edited by MrBrooks

No, divide and share is right.

No, impedance rise doesn't matter and no those subs will not be underpowered. *assumes logical coil choices which are the big variable here

/\ That post was from my phone when I didn't see the second page, Shizzon obviously covered the divide comment already.