steveo50

incriminator 6.5' components

the incriminators 6.5s are great. they have a crisp highs there not to bright. the door speakers are put out pretty good midbass (i don't have any sound deadener). i really impressed with the sound quality of them along with the ability to scream when you want them to. they are pretty damn solid as i was installing them i had a problem putting the positive wire on the speaker. the positive would not slide on so i was forcing it onto the terminal with a lot of force.in the back of my mind i thought i was going to break it,but it held up. the crossovers are pretty standard a little bigger then a cig pack. the tweeters i don't really care for them emblem they put on it but what ever.ok so here are some picks not to many cuz it was hot and i was getting ago

IMG00280-20110522-1619.jpg

IMG00279-20110522-1618.jpg

IMG00277-20110522-1404.jpg

this is a temp place for the tweeter

IMG00278-20110522-1533.jpg

looks good.... get some velcro for that tweeter... :peepwall:

What was wrong with your tweeter BTW???

I'm not sure I think I may have put the neg wire in the positive or vice versa sunday I'm going to mess with it

new stuff... and no pricing since he only got it from a local dealer who asked him not to post pricing... :peepwall:

Yea the incriminator facebook page said 160 to 200 for the price.

hmm... I need something... I'm tempted to go the route Mac did on his build and get a nice loud mid range and tweeters separate instead of a component set... Or I might try these or HAT set...

Yea I thought about doing the tweets separate from the speakers but that can get messy getting a crossover and all

ok just did 5 hours worth of work installing my amp to the door speakers. i used a old crapy american pro amp like 600 watt rating or something the gain is all the way down fyi. well wow is all i can say for these the tweets are amazing the the mid bass is awesome. i turned my sub off just to hear the mid very very clean set up.

the incriminators 6.5s are great. they have a crisp highs there not to bright. the door speakers are put out pretty good midbass (i don't have any sound deadener). i really impressed with the sound quality of them along with the ability to scream when you want them to. they are pretty damn solid as i was installing them i had a problem putting the positive wire on the speaker. the positive would not slide on so i was forcing it onto the terminal with a lot of force.in the back of my mind i thought i was going to break it,but it held up. the crossovers are pretty standard a little bigger then a cig pack. the tweeters i don't really care for them emblem they put on it but what ever.ok so here are some picks not to many cuz it was hot and i was getting ago

I'm sorry, but I think the irony in that sentence is fantastic...

:lol2: all in good fun.

Stuff looks great man, I'm lookin into gettin some new components myself. May have missed it, but what are they being amplified by? Or are they being run off of HU power?

the incriminators 6.5s are great. they have a crisp highs there not to bright. the door speakers are put out pretty good midbass (i don't have any sound deadener). i really impressed with the sound quality of them along with the ability to scream when you want them to.

If you like them now you owe it to yourself to actually install them in a deadened, sealed, baffled space. It'll make a HUGE difference, so much so to me those are requirements for even being called an install. The good news is you like them already.

Or I might try these or HAT set...

Don't buy the overpriced HAT stuff, complete waste.

Either way, again. Install >>> Equipment

I have them running off a 2chn american pro amp its a crap amp from back in the day. Its like maybe 300 watts but I have it turned down all the way. Yea I need to get the deadning real bad! But at burko I I think of bright as like a harshness. The definition kinda differs person to person I guess.

What kind of power will they handle?

site states about 85w RMS....

Sorry didnt look before I typed.

Even still, that spec is horribly meaningless. It will have nothing to do with how loud they get, nor does it help you pick out an amp for them. Power handling specifications on mids are completely deceiving without stating what enclosure size and what frequency. You could spec it any way you want otherwise. Then of course even more useless when you realize that on the same drivers you won't hear a difference between 85w and 100w anyways the spec obviously does nothing but confuse the situation.

Even still, that spec is horribly meaningless. It will have nothing to do with how loud they get, nor does it help you pick out an amp for them. Power handling specifications on mids are completely deceiving without stating what enclosure size and what frequency. You could spec it any way you want otherwise. Then of course even more useless when you realize that on the same drivers you won't hear a difference between 85w and 100w anyways the spec obviously does nothing but confuse the situation.

So I could use this set with Mmats SQ2150 and not have too much power on them? I am just looking for a new comp set for my 02T/A with fully deadend doors.

And help sell components to inexperienced people.

So I could use this set with Mmats SQ2150 and not have too much power on them? I am just looking for a new comp set for my 02T/A with fully deadend doors.

just learn what distortion sounds like and turn it down when you hear it...

I guess I should find a local with a set of these in their ride so I can hear them, this might be the route I go on the budget build for my cop car.

I guess I should find a local with a set of these in their ride so I can hear them, this might be the route I go on the budget build for my cop car.

Will it smell like beacon?