Sign in to follow this  
swagger_wagon468

Windows down... F#@K!

So... it was a bright and sunny day today with no clouds. and all of a sudden i hear a downpour...

so, my windows were down and my doors are soaked. my crossovers are in my door pockets.

and my tweeters are mounted high on my door. are there any precautions i should take to make sure nothig gets ruined if it hasnt already?

im SO PISSED!

take them out and check to see how "wet" they got....

im hoping they are fine... i know there is current flowing since its hooked up to the batt.

if they are going to be ruined, they would be already right? so should i turn it on and just make sure everything is working?

im hoping they are fine... i know there is current flowing since its hooked up to the batt.

if they are going to be ruined, they would be already right? so should i turn it on and just make sure everything is working?

your xovers are connected to your batt?

everything works fine. :D

Thats good....But I mean lol xover connected to batt....atleast its workin good.

note- never mount crossover in the door. this is a rule followed by all proper mobile installers precisely for this reason.

There are drain holes in doors to allow water to fall thru and drain out.. no electronics should be mounted inside this area.

note- never mount crossover in the door. this is a rule followed by all proper mobile installers precisely for this reason.

There are drain holes in doors to allow water to fall thru and drain out.. no electronics should be mounted inside this area.

thanks shizzz. yea, this was my very first install so yea... lol. i just dont know where else to put them. no room inside the door panel...

thanks shizzz. yea, this was my very first install so yea... lol. i just dont know where else to put them. no room inside the door panel...

I usually mount them near the amplifier that is powering the speakers.

mine are installed right behind the kick panels.

If you do not have room there, shove them up under the dash on both sides of the car.

I have one xover under the dash, and the other ones mounted inside the glove box, there are plenty of suitable places just gotta be creative.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I will mount them somewhere under the dash somewhere when I rebuild my system.

Mine are mounted inside my door panels. But I have them inside 2 ziplock freezer bags sealed up and taped closed with the wires coming out of the bottom of the bags with them sealed shut.

Works great for keeping them dry

Glad everything was ok. When I first saw the title of this thread I thought your OS was acting up :peepwall:

Glad everything was ok. When I first saw the title of this thread I thought your OS was acting up :peepwall:

lol, google the website is down, funny vids