AJ23

Bulid status?

Hey I don't mean to be rude but I was wondering if there is any update on my build status? My order was made on July 19th and it's said its been awaiting shippment since the 21st. I'm just really curious, this was a expensive purchase for me so I'm just really anxious to finally hear these subs for myself. My order number is 2063. I'm sure your just busy, but I was just curious where their at?

thanks,

aj

Yea mine took about a month to a month and a half. You just gotta wait. It makes it that much better when you get it.

Same boat here man order 2069 made on the 22nd cant wait to get it! Good luck to ya hope u get it soon! Iv heard mostly good about theyr shipping system so hopefully its true

I promise you, they are building at full tilt, as in 7 days a week with help flown in to catch up, I would know as I am on the phone usually every day with them to find out. We (SSA) had a number of recones that had to go out because they came in first, and a number of orders will be going out shortly. We have put so many things on the back burner just to focus on current orders.

Hey I don't mean to be rude but I was wondering if there is any update on my build status? My order was made on July 19th and it's said its been awaiting shippment since the 21st. I'm just really curious, this was a expensive purchase for me so I'm just really anxious to finally hear these subs for myself. My order number is 2063. I'm sure your just busy, but I was just curious where their at?

thanks,

aj

I ordered 2 XCON 12s last week and The SSA site said allow 7 -14 days build time, if thats not correct they need to be upfront and change that before people order. I probably would have done something different had i known it was going to take a month.

Build time is very fluid, the more orders they have the longer it'll take. Remember these aren't some off the shelf woofers the are Hand made. Not assembled In america MADE IN AMERICA.

It takes time to build these things by hand.

thanks,

aj

I ordered 2 XCON 12s last week and The SSA site said allow 7 -14 days build time, if thats not correct they need to be upfront and change that before people order. I probably would have done something different had i known it was going to take a month.

That is business days for build time, even though to stay up with orders the build house has been running 7 days. We are always up front with every single order, something that sets us apart with other stores. If someone has any questions, they can always email us directly as it is the fastest and most efficient way. :)

Yeah I'm sure you guys are building as fast as possible, I just expected them to be here in at most 2 (according to the Dcon page) or 2 and half weeks because of the cone issue but its going on 4 now. I'm not questioning the service, you guys have responded to every email I've had and I understand that quality like what you claim and I have heard, takes time. It just would be nice to have a general idea when I should expect to have them shipped to me.

On an unrelated note, Is there a break in period recommended for the Dcons?

As with all our drivers, they break in naturally over time. So just wire them up and play and they will settle in. :)

Sounds good. Hopefully I'll get these drivers before the weather turns too cold so ill get some use out of them this summer...

they need to be upfront and change that before people order.

They would probably be changing it daily then, depending on how busy they are. Wouldn't make any sense.

I was told today to be expecting tracking numbers for my XCON's. Havent recieved the number yet, but it appears I might get them a little faster than expected.

A big stack of tracking numbers were sent out earlier today. More will be tomorrow and Monday. :)

Dont worry guys they will come through and what your waiting for is well worth it. I paid for my x-cons when they were just finishing testing them took another 3 months id say to get them. totally worth the anticipation!

Just got my tracking number this morning!! Anyone know approx ship time??

And also is it bad to use a 12 and a 15 in the same car just seperate boxes/amp?

And also is it bad to use a 12 and a 15 in the same car just seperate boxes/amp?

Terrible idea

Once they are on the truck, it is usually 3-5 business days.

Haha yeah thats what evwryones saying. And mine says 20 pounds i think. Finally cars almost done! All i need now is a bigger amp and crossovers for my speakers...

What does it say for weight for your order?

20lbs for mine too, I got 2 12"s coming too so I'm guessing thats just how heavy they are? Kinda expected in the 30lb range but I'm just glad to hear there finally coming...

Terrible idea

If you searched around about using a 12 with a 15 you would know its a terrible idea, Why would you even want to do that? :ughdunno:

If it the same series subs with identical motors and similar suspension compliances in separate boxes that have similar responses I highly doubt someone could say there is a 15 and a 12 in his trunk with out looking at them.

I wouldn't do it, but I know I woulnt know the difference unless I was told.

Edited by Audibel Customs

XCON's are more like 40-50 lbs. each