Freshh

Fi's Sub Line-up

Hi there, basically I would like to know if off of the same amount of power in the same box, and same application, would the Q deliver more output than the SSD? Or just sound more musical? And would the Bl be a step down from the SSD musically?

From my understandings the BL is focused more towards output, and the Q is focused more towards the quality of the noise it makes. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I very well may be)

Where does the SSD stand other than "all around daily sub" while compared to the Q and the BL.

the ssd is simply a daily budget sub. all three are rated at 1krms. but the bl can handle more as it was built more towards the spl side. the q is build more towards the ""SQL"" but does not lack too bad in output as they can get loud! and the ssd.. all around daily low hitting budget sub. but very well built subs. i was considering in buying a ssd 12 but just went with a custom sub came out cheaper lol

"custom" meh.

The Bl will have the most output of them all.

I understand all of that, but if all were put in their optimal enclosure in the same vehicle, how would they stack up?

Musically..

1) Q

2) ??

3) ??

Output..

1) BL

2) ??

3) ??

I hope I don't sound like to much of a noob, just trying to learn ;D

Musically..

1) Q

2) ssd

3) bl

Output..

1) BL

2) q

3) ssd

correct me if im wrong

"custom" meh.

well let me rephrase

a reconed 12" kove armegeddon

If you are considering a Fi sub and have the money for a BL, then get it. It is WAY more musical then you think. If you put a BL in the right box it sounds amazing. It is just as musical as any sub I've ever had, and it's loud as hell.

I think the BTL will have more output than the BL :P

if you are going with fi get a bl. i dont think they have a warranty soo make sure you have all your settings right.

there is a warranty but it doesn't cover stupidity so get your settings right regardless. the bl is very musical. I have had a a 12" idmax and a 15" avalanche in sealed and ported enclosures in the past and haven't noticed any real lost in "sq" by running the bl. it sounds closer to a flat response than those to did in a ported box. The bl still has a hump in 30-40hz range but it doesn't seem so much as it lacks on the topend but the lows are just so heavy if that makes sense

oops i may be wrong about the warranty im sure one of them does not have one maybe its the btl?? i may still be wrong! hahah :ughdunno:

I own an ssd and a bl, The ssd was ran in a sealed box and ported and the BL still sounds more musical in my latest ported box. I listen to bass heavy music and metal, and it plays both those styles exceptionally well, it drops very low and is very responsive on fast double bass.

:thanx:

Yeah I'm sure the BTL kicks ass Duran, but I don't have those kind of watts running through my stereo.. yet ;p

But thanks guys I think that's what I was wanting to here, that the BL's can still sound good. Appreciate it!

The BTL will be louder on 1k than any of their other subs.

Exactly as Ohjay posted, if you have plans to upgrade in the future, be it power or woofers, just buy the BTL now, it WILL be more loud than any other woofer Fi makes.

You can ALWAYS run less power than the woofer is rated for, there are absolutely no consequences.

The BTL will be louder on 1k than any of their other subs.

This might be true cuz good companies make their high end subs as efficient but does he need to spend that money.

They are all musical enough for you....which means BTL or BL all the way. Only reason to not BTL in your case is budget.

Indeed, if the funds allow it, BTL every time.

So that being said. If you want to be loud go bl. If you want more quality go q. Either one will sound great in the right box. If your budget is tight go ssd.

I never would have thought the BTL would be louder with the same amount of watts.. :ughdunno:

Thanks again guys! Next sub I will be purchasing will have to be the BTL!

Indeed, the BTL will be louder and make you a happy camper.

"custom" meh.

well let me rephrase

a reconed 12" kove armegeddon

Who reconed it? Like what company made the kit?

I never would have thought the BTL would be louder with the same amount of watts.. :ughdunno:

Thanks again guys! Next sub I will be purchasing will have to be the BTL!

How much power are you planning on putting to it?

Well I eventually plan on grabbing a AQ 2200, but I've never ran a system with more than 1 driver, so I really want to have 2.

So ~1,100 each woofer.

Well I eventually plan on grabbing a AQ 2200, but I've never ran a system with more than 1 driver, so I really want to have 2.

So ~1,100 each woofer.

2 BL's will be plenty loud off of 1100 watts each, while still sounding good. If you have the cash get BTL's because you have room to upgrade if you want. :morepower1: