stevemead08

SSA's Evil SS Camaro. 4 Evil 15s and 2 DC 7.5ks

they look very similar to xsv2's... hmmm

I was waiting for this comment.

Im looking at the SSA subs and i have a pair of xsv2's here with me and they look very alike. I have the chrome motor v2's but ive had the newer xsv2's with slightly diferent top plate which look almost exactly like these SSA's

Im looking at the SSA subs and i have a pair of xsv2's here with me and they look very alike. I have the chrome motor v2's but ive had the newer xsv2's with slightly diferent top plate which look almost exactly like these SSA's

...and who builds them both? It doesn't mean they are the same. In fact, I know Aaron and Mark would not be okay with taking another woofer and slapping their company's logo on it and calling it their own.

They share parts. No getting around that with out a huge monetary input, as 4" coil'ed drivers are not as prevalent as 3" coil'ed drivers, so there is a little bit of a limiting factor there.

What's your point? Who fucking cares what I looks like. Does it make you feel better pointing out the resemblance of the two drivers.

car audio is a hobby, not a priority.

Once your priorities are consistently in line, then you can come back and play with us.

We all have these issues. Nobody's perfect.

just buying things in increments and doing things when i can vs trying to put a date on everything

Honestly, I've lost motivation lately not having the right equipment.

I'm not really sure of the future at this point in time. My family life needs some major attention.

Take a break. Audio isn't important and family is. I know you probably feel pressure from here and other places to get your car up and running. When you're ready come back bigger, better, and louder.

So true!

What's your point? Who pucking cares what I looks like. Does it make you feel better pointing out the resemblance of the two drivers.

Aparently you cared... Otherwise you wouldnt have asked "who wants to see these 74 lbs beasts" or something like that. And no it doesn't make me feel better but this is an audio forum to discuss everything audio related; whether its crossover points or the similarity and diferences between 2 drivers.

I cared that you needed to point it out. That's all.

Family comes first bro!

Car audio will always be there, as will this site. Have a good new year!!

So you have one helper in training and another on the way. That is awesome and nothing beats that feeling! Kids are the best!

Well I found a little time to install the subs.

Now I'm having trouble with the amps. As soon as I connect the rca to strap the pair, the master protects. I've tried three different brands rcas.

Was the little man helping Steve? If so it is not his fault. You will get it. :)

oh shit, what did rusty say?

i know we were compairing the diffreances of the boards you dont think the year change has anything to do with it do ya?

oh shit, what did rusty say?

i know we were compairing the diffreances of the boards you dont think the year change has anything to do with it do ya?

that's a good point. I'll ask rusty. I could just gain match them unstrapped.

Or maybe just run 1 at finals.

do you still have the maxlink?

you could run 1 amp to each pair and gain match the two with the link.. i know you would rather stay away from the maxxlink but.... its an idea

I would just match them without it if needed. Might just pick up another 7.5 new.

try running just the master amp by itself then again with it strapped.

If it only protects when strapped, then make the master the slave and the slave the master.

If it still does it, then something is damaged or incompatible with each other.

Gain matching would be more ideal if you have to do it.

try running just the master amp by itself then again with it strapped.

If it only protects when strapped, then make the master the slave and the slave the master.

If it still does it, then something is damaged or incompatible with each other.

Gain matching would be more ideal if you have to do it.

did all that already.

Got to play just for a second with the car today. Only thing to report as of now is that they play music better than the zcons. Not real peaky like the zcons.

I only have 1 7.5k installed right now so I can't say much for numbers. Maybe next weekend ill have some more time.

Can't wait for a full review on more power

Im anxious to get all my ducks in a row and test.

On that note I'm really contemplating a new build. Maybe 8 15s on 4 7.5ks