SpeakerBoy

I don't know what to do.

Lost my home, parents don't want me, don't know what the fuck anymore.

Sux to hear man! How old are you?

I'm 17.

Don't lose hope or resort to crime! Look into job corps or military to get back on track!

Any other relatives around to help?

Pretty much samething happened to me. Just find a job and things will instantly look better. :-)

Find a job and a lady friend.... Otherwise military might be a VERY good option.... Join reserves if anything..

Sorry to hear. Find a job and friends, a lady ain't a necessity, but if one comes along.. I love my job a McDonald's (oldest manager is 23ish, so it's chill), and it can be fun. I like bein' on my feet and socializing with people in a relatively loud atmosphere. It's made me reconsider a business major. Best of wishes, man, g'luck.

I do work (at Mcdonlads incidentally lol). Military isnt an option, I have too many meds to be considered even a bit (all for dep, bi-p, hally's etc).

And on top of that, fighting a massive substance abuse issue. It's an on off thing, I will go really good when nothing bad happens for a while, then when stuff like this pops up, i'm off the map for months.

is your farher active in your life?

Quit feeling bad for yourself, you are your only limitation in life. At some point everybody gets their face shoved in the mud. Life events like this help you build character traits that define you as a person. You will grow from this, keep a positive out look.

I deal with people everyday and have helped others through many tough life events (death, divorce, etc).

Keep working, shit work your ass off. While you're not working look for more or better work. Keep busy trying to better yourself and you won't have time for drugs. Keep your head up man.

Def stay away from the drugs, they don't do anything positive for you as I'm sure you know! But I agree you should check into better paying jobs, not to hate on McD's but there are better options out there! Listen to some Tupac, when I'm down his lyrics always get me cheered up!

Edited by Freshh

"don't want you" sounds like only part of the story, in particular if they've kept you this long. Probably time to swallow your pride and go back and do whatever is necessary to move home.

If its completely random on your parents part I'm sorry I said that.

Dam man! Im 17 myself. Times get hard sometimes but that dosnt mean anything. Go to a park or something and have time for yourself. Feeling weakness/hoplessness isn't good. Keep strong and things will get better.

Also good to see SSA members helping out and giving advice like this. :D love this forum!

///M5: I have a severe Diphenhydramine addiction; it has caused my family a great deal of stress (hospital/ER visits, rehabs, brain damage etc), along with my dad not liking me for reasons of his own. My mother simply doesn't like when dad is mad at her so will agree with a ridiculous argument rather than do what's right.

We just don't get along while living together, apart, it's been better in the past. I hope it gets resolved this time.

So you are choosing drugs over your family? Don't use "addiction" as an excuse, its still up to you.

No, I chose to leave because they are verbally abusive; moreso than I can deal with anymore. Drugs are another issue entirely; my parents are aware of it though, and don't approve.

wait,.. your hooked on Benadryl........ is that what you just said to me???????

wait,.. your hooked on Benadryl........ is that what you just said to me???????

Anti-cholinergic Deliriant style substance; Frank hallucinations ((unable to be discerned from reality) auditory/visual).

I'd explain further, but I don't think it's appropriate to do so here.

Don't fall back into it. You've already been there, and you already know that it sucks. Everybody here is offering solid advice. If you're working a ton, you have no time to slump into the drug thing. Set a goal for yourself (a reward, if you will..). Work your ass off for a year, stay clean, and buy yourself a piece of audio gear as a reward for cleaning yourself up. Then, keep going.

Stay cool..

No, I chose to leave because they are verbally abusive; moreso than I can deal with anymore. Drugs are another issue entirely; my parents are aware of it though, and don't approve.

I don't see enough separation in those thoughts. Sure you aren't blaming one thing to avoid another? And if you are sure, you need a reality check and to get cleaned up.

///M5: I have a severe Diphenhydramine addiction; it has caused my family a great deal of stress (hospital/ER visits, rehabs, brain damage etc), along with my dad not liking me for reasons of his own. My mother simply doesn't like when dad is mad at her so will agree with a ridiculous argument rather than do what's right.

We just don't get along while living together, apart, it's been better in the past. I hope it gets resolved this time.

You're addicted to benadryl??? WTF!!!

I don't see enough separation in those thoughts. Sure you aren't blaming one thing to avoid another? And if you are sure, you need a reality check and to get cleaned up.

Ok so you didn't lose your house. You chose to leave the 'abuse'.

Let me ask, what are your dad's personal issues with you?

I am going to venture a guess that your drug use is at a minimum 1/2 the problem.

Are you an only child?

J