Angelboy863

Advice on getting bigger?

Hi everyone, I would like some help on how I can gain alot more weight and built at the same time .

I am 17 years old and will be 18 in May. I am currently standing 5'4" and weigh 122lbs.

I believe I am as fit as I can be, I have abs, large arms and chest.. but I feel as if I'm too small.

I really want to get up to 155-165lbs muscle. I'm pretty tired of my lean look.. :shrug:

Friends have been giving me alot of pointers and alot of them are really different from each other.

some friends tell me i should eat a bunch of stuff like fast food and snacks to gain the weight, then eat right and start my training.

others say eat a little bit more and maintain my active schedule.

I'm not sure which route I can do. I'd like the route that can do it the quickest if possible... and I know, quickest isn't the right way but its something in my mind..

I used to be pretty big when I did kickboxing, i was 145lbs, somewhat built. but I started doing alot of running and exercises that burned my fat and im lean 122lbs right now.. :ughdunno:

I just want to get bigger and still be built, if anyone can recommend a good website with diet plans that help me gain weight and has exercises that would build muscle more than burning fat.

i know to gain muscle its more weight less reps and to burn fat or get cut its more reps less weight.

thanks everyone for any input. Hope to get big before my 18th bday :dancing:

You may need to really up your protein intake. I personally see no benefit to eat crap food. Build right and eat right from the get go. Move your weight lifting sessions to higher weight, short sets, long rest, lot's of water. Protein right after work out, maybe a little before and a little before bed time. As for your cardio, try to raise intensity but shorten time. Now this is not a blue print for all people, but it is a decent basis to start from.

The idea is to tear the muscle fibers more, while hydrating them and giving them time to recover and repair.

You may need to really up your protein intake. I personally see no benefit to eat crap food. Build right and eat right from the get go. Move your weight lifting sessions to higher weight, short sets, long rest, lot's of water. Protein right after work out, maybe a little before and a little before bed time. As for your cardio, try to raise intensity but shorten time. Now this is not a blue print for all people, but it is a decent basis to start from.

The idea is to tear the muscle fibers more, while hydrating them and giving them time to recover and repair.

thanks aaron i will try out your idea. what do you think about protein drinks? or should i get protein from actual food?

and its weird because i can already lift alot of weight and when i go bigger its almost impossible lol. I can lift alot but it doesnt get me big, it seems to make me cut. idk my body may be different.. i can bench 220lbs easy now but when i try like 230 or 240 its nearly impossible to do 3. :ughdunno:

Your still young, patience is what it takes. Follow what Aaron posted. Don't eat the "Fast Food" try and add more protien to your diet. Chicken breast and Turkey Breast is a good start. I personally try to stay away from all the pre-packaged products as they contain so much sodium and other preservatives.

Your still young, patience is what it takes. Follow what Aaron posted. Don't eat the "Fast Food" try and add more protien to your diet. Chicken breast and Turkey Breast is a good start. I personally try to stay away from all the pre-packaged products as they contain so much sodium and other preservatives.

alright, thanks. funny my girlfriend is grilling chicken breasts right now lol. ill updatee to see if i get some results within the months...

Darian yates work out of bodybuilding.com I lost fast and gained muscle. im still same weight just look bulkier.

Eat nothing but chicken and wild rice and carrots for 4 weeks also. Needless to say I HATE chicken now lol

alright, thanks. funny my girlfriend is grilling chicken breasts right now lol. ill updatee to see if i get some results within the months...

Need to cut out the poo-tang too!

:roflmao:

thanks aaron i will try out your idea. what do you think about protein drinks? or should i get protein from actual food?

and its weird because i can already lift alot of weight and when i go bigger its almost impossible lol. I can lift alot but it doesnt get me big, it seems to make me cut. idk my body may be different.. i can bench 220lbs easy now but when i try like 230 or 240 its nearly impossible to do 3. :ughdunno:

I was hinting at a protein shake in my post. I have been through most, and the protein on Trueprotein.com that Jordan suggested, is one of the better values. But you need to get protein from both food and possible supplements. There is a rusty rule of thumb about eating at least one gram of protein per pound of body weight per day. That can be very difficult to do as you go along. To go along with what Kurt (98GMC) suggested, go to a Target or Wegmans etc, and buy large bags of frozen chicken breast. I buy them in bulk like that and boil up a bunch at a time. Along with boil in bag brown rice, steamed broccoli, green beans, cans of tuna etc.

Need to cut out the poo-tang too!

:roflmao:

Never, nothing is EVER worth giving that up, EVER.

Hey poo tang its one of the best work outs....as long as your doing the work.

I was hinting at a protein shake in my post. I have been through most, and the protein on Trueprotein.com that Jordan suggested, is one of the better values. But you need to get protein from both food and possible supplements. There is a rusty rule of thumb about eating at least one gram of protein per pound of body weight per day. That can be very difficult to do as you go along. To go along with what Kurt (98GMC) suggested, go to a Target or Wegmans etc, and buy large bags of frozen chicken breast. I buy them in bulk like that and boil up a bunch at a time. Along with boil in bag brown rice, steamed broccoli, green beans, cans of tuna etc.

Thanks for the TrueProtein plug Aaron. :)

Honestly the 1 gram per lb seems to have fallen by the wayside with many people when it comes to muscle growth. I say this beacuse when you think about it at 122 lbs this guy is more than likely close if not slightly over his 122 grams. I would suggest going up to 1.5 or maybe even 2 grams per lb of body weight. Additionally ensure you are taking a multivitamin daily. This is one of the more important 'suppliments' for you to take.

What does your average daily diet consist of? What time do you wake up and go to sleep? Give us an idea as to how your life goes, and what nutrients your body ingests and we can help from there.

I am not a trainer, or a bodybuilder, or even what many people consider anothing past a decent sized guy. I know some of the basics and I know where to go to find good knowledge so I will help where I can.

J

Whoa a lot of great info guys thanks! Poo tang is a workout lol.

Well, weekdays (mon-Friday) I wake up around 5-35am-6-00am to go to school and get home around 4:00pm. School ends at 2:00 but I have raiders afterschool (raiders is like a physical fitness team) all we basically do is running push ups sit-ups, military workouts. Ive adapted easily to these workouts so I can do them no sweat, I do that and weightlift at home. So breakfast all I eat is cereal (honey nut cheerios, honey combs, or waffle crisp) and a banana. Lunch is whatever school food is, most of the time I grab a chicken sandwich, pizza and milk. And when I get home I snack, like maruchan cup-o-noodles or a simple ham and cheese sandwich. And dinner around 7pm, whatever my mom makes.. I usually go to bed around 10pm-11pm

Weekends I wake up at 8am

Sometimes for breakfast I make pancakes, sometimes it's dinner leftovers, sometimes I eat cereal and a banana.

On weekends I weightlift and run. Usually before lunch I weightlift and afternoon I run.

All that running and cardio you are doing are big no- nos if you are trying to gain mass. Looks like you are only getting about 50 grams of protien and maybe 1500 calories a day. You need to triple that.

Don't buy protien powder bc there is no way your body can process it effectively given your size. (I'm 5'3" 165 pounds about 10 percent body fat).

Start to add food in the morning. Don't change your diet, just add a little to it or you will get burned out. Hold off on the banana and add 6 egg whites to your breakfast. Then eat the banana when you get to school. If you add a hand full of food(or snacks), every hour or two you can increase your calorie intake alot.

It has taken me years but I eat around 7000 calories a day. My typical breakfast includes 12 egg whites, 1/4 pound of cheese, 2 cups of cherios, and some type of meat. Then on my way to work(my drive is 1.5 hours) I'll eat two or three apples, banana's ect. I'll then eat a snack that's around 700 calories about every two hours. My lunch is a typical lunch. Then two more snacks during the day. If I am home for dinner I'll eat a large dinner with heavy pasta and about 2 pounds of meat, fish, or chicken. Then around 10 at night I'll eat 1/4 gallon of ice cream and nuts or fruit or I'll eat a dozen eggs

All that running and cardio you are doing are big no- nos if you are trying to gain mass. Looks like you are only getting about 50 grams of protien and maybe 1500 calories a day. You need to triple that.

Don't buy protien powder bc there is no way your body can process it effectively given your size. (I'm 5'3" 165 pounds about 10 percent body fat).

Start to add food in the morning. Don't change your diet, just add a little to it or you will get burned out. Hold off on the banana and add 6 egg whites to your breakfast. Then eat the banana when you get to school. If you add a hand full of food(or snacks), every hour or two you can increase your calorie intake alot.

It has taken me years but I eat around 7000 calories a day. My typical breakfast includes 12 egg whites, 1/4 pound of cheese, 2 cups of cherios, and some type of meat. Then on my way to work(my drive is 1.5 hours) I'll eat two or three apples, banana's ect. I'll then eat a snack that's around 700 calories about every two hours. My lunch is a typical lunch. Then two more snacks during the day. If I am home for dinner I'll eat a large dinner with heavy pasta and about 2 pounds of meat, fish, or chicken. Then around 10 at night I'll eat 1/4 gallon of ice cream and nuts or fruit or I'll eat a dozen eggs

Alright thanks alot for the advice! I'll definitely follow everyones advice. Except the protein drinks, my parents won't let me lol.

whoaaa 7000 calories...

but i agree up ur calories..

ur in a good position though imo..

u have to work to eat lol

on the flip if you were big u would have to eat less and do more cardio

alot of ppl seem to do good wt this

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752

I am a fan of the BSN and ON products, take some multi vids lots of water and dont skimp on the greens.

Almonds, oats, egg white red patato fish chicken lean meat etc. Peanut butter is actually a healthy snack. Avoid any fats as its hard to burn. I do kill the ice-cream as well but people strongly advise against it.

Here is is my supp list at the moment

Multi vid

ON pro complex or 100% whey

On Amino(great for helping you drink more water to process all the added stuff).

BSN NoXplode

bsn syntha-6 as a meal replacement or snack

some creatine

Nuun I also do cycling so thats alot of endurance once a week. Nuun is basically something you pop in water and it replenishes electrolytes. During a cycling session I will drink about 3litres of water 500ml of which will be Nuun about alway into the ride.

Also eat a lot of food but make sure its somewhat healthy and again avoid the fats.

Cut down on fats at night time as well.

Currently I am at 105KG and 6ft

Hit the gym 2-3 times a week and one session of cardio on the wknd.

Then lastly if you dont care about looking good and just want size follow your frnds advise and dine at the big M or the local fried chicken shop a few times a day.

I am a fan of the BSN and ON products, take some multi vids lots of water and dont skimp on the greens.

Almonds, oats, egg white red patato fish chicken lean meat etc. Peanut butter is actually a healthy snack. Avoid any fats as its hard to burn. I do kill the ice-cream as well but people strongly advise against it.

Multi vid

On Amino(great for helping you drink more water to process all the added stuff).

BSN NoXplode

some creatine

Nuun I also do cycling so thats alot of endurance once a week. Nuun is basically something you pop in water and it replenishes electrolytes. During a cycling session I will drink about 3litres of water 500ml of which will be Nuun about alway into the ride.

Also eat a lot of food but make sure its somewhat healthy and again avoid the fats.

Then lastly if you dont care about looking good and just want size follow your frnds advise and dine at the big M or the local fried chicken shop a few times a day.

Thanks man. Ok so here's an update. I've been trying to eat Alot more, I have spagetti and pasta alot, I eat microwaved chicken breasts, egg and sausage biscuits/croissants, steak every two days, and chicken salad. Everything has been everyday so far, (except the steak) but havent gained weight yet.

As for my cardio, I kind of have to do all of the running because I'm apart of future soldiers where army recruits are getting me ready for basic training in the army. So we do alot of running and cardio.

And my weightlifting still hasn't really changed

I can do 220lbs benchpress 10 times so when I tried 230 it was only 2, 3 times. O.o

Curls I kinda gained, used to do 50lbs 10 times I've moved up to 65lbs 5 times.

I think if I stick to this gameplan I will get big right?

Dude worry about building a strength base. With strength size will come. Please believe its more impressive to be 125 (or whatever your weight is since ur not weighing much) and benching 200 than to be 210 and benching 235.

J

Multi vid

BSN NoXplode

some creatine

Thanks man. Ok so here's an update. I've been trying to eat Alot more, I have spagetti and pasta alot, I eat microwaved chicken breasts, egg and sausage biscuits/croissants, steak every two days, and chicken salad. Everything has been everyday so far, (except the steak) but havent gained weight yet.

As for my cardio, I kind of have to do all of the running because I'm apart of future soldiers where army recruits are getting me ready for basic training in the army. So we do alot of running and cardio.

And my weightlifting still hasn't really changed

I can do 220lbs benchpress 10 times so when I tried 230 it was only 2, 3 times. O.o

Curls I kinda gained, used to do 50lbs 10 times I've moved up to 65lbs 5 times.

I think if I stick to this gameplan I will get big right?

Sure will unless u have tape worms. You will also have to do some physical work in to get to those muscle fibers. Building lean mass will take long but its a bit contreversial; some might say ur working against urself. Still its the healthy way. Bodybuilders will many times just focus on size the whole year followed by a 12-18 week diet. Not that i follow it, but based on the current trend u will notice the guys are huge but many of them have a belly and peronally thats the last thing i want. If rather gave a even build and avoid the crash diets they follow

I believe im pretty strong yes but I want to be bigger too. I did weightlifting competitions and stuff. So the strength part I got, just not the "strength looking" lol

I believe im pretty strong yes but I want to be bigger too. I did weightlifting competitions and stuff. So the strength part I got, just not the "strength looking" lol

Keep eating eating eating and getting stronger and growth will come. Its better to be a guy who benches 300 than the guy who LOOKS like he can bench 300.

J

Thats insane!