Dylan Matlow

Omega Midbass (22mm of xmax)

Ok, I have a small question here. How are these things going to stack up to the Extremis?? I am gong to be constructing new mains for my home/dorm audio setup and I was planning on using 2 extremis per tower. How would these stack up to them, I'm thinking now that these are sounding better than the extremis? Ideas?

Thanks for any input

-Ryan

Just dont make the xovers like the DLS MS series

They are honkin beasts. To tall and rather heavy.

Ok, I have a small question here.  How are these things going to stack up to the Extremis??  I am gong to be constructing new mains for my home/dorm audio setup and I was planning on using 2 extremis per tower.  How would these stack up to them, I'm thinking now that these are sounding better than the extremis?  Ideas?

Thanks for any input

-Ryan

These are very different from the extremis in terms of overall design...

The Extremis is a lower sensitivity driver that does quite nicely at getting a low f3 in a smaller ported box... The 8 ohm omega is a high sensitivity driver that will work nicely in a box about the same size as the extremis but with a higher f3 (about an octave higher)... The 4 ohm omega was designed to allow low f3s and keep almost all of the sensitivity; as a consequence a large box is suggested (1.5-2.5cuft)... You can cram it in an enclosure of approximately the same size as the 8 ohm version with comparable extension but you will get a nice peak in the midbass. It does pretty well IB as well.

There were some suggestions to push the qes up some (lower BL more) to extend the f3s a little more when used IB. We are examining 2 options:

Making the 2 ohm version for IB only use... or

Offering a few different top plate options for each of the mids (thickness and quantity of copper in gap (gap width)

Obviously due to economy of scale giving people options will increase the price slightly when compared with just offering the single top plate option...

Just throwing that out there...

As far as other differences

Thanks for the reply, now I just wish I understood more of what the heck your talking about (I understood about 3/4 of that...) But I got the point I believe.

Thanks

-Ryan

Im to lazy to go through 6 pages but did you ever list a price for a component set ?

Im to lazy to go through 6 pages but did you ever list a price for a component set ?

Well it was $299/$429... Delta/Omega -- though don't be surprised if the prices adjust some...

i dunno about all that dan matt stuff....don't really care. what i do care about is a mid with the xmax of a sub...sweet! (if it happens)

btw....

brick.gif <----------is one sweet smilie...we need this added to our arsenal.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

it already is goof :runlaugh:

oaky then.... is it possible to make smaller xovers to fit in a sigle small case then like my rainbows? i mean IMO those are doin pretty well w/o the bulkyness.

IIRC the rainbow SLCs use some small very inexpensive (electrolytic caps and very small wire awg inductors... I saw a pic of one that melted nicely) parts...

So the people would rather us use small parts than higher quality parts? :huh2:

Or somewhere in between? ~18 awg inductors and mylars?

i personally would like smaller parts than high quality....

or smaller high quality parts....KIS yo ;)

and it would also be much much cheaper...and those prices... are they preorder/entry?

Guys, try to keep on topic here. The thread has nothing to do with the ethical nature of anyone or how they carry themselves. That topic can be discussed other places. :fing34:

Well it was $299/$429... Delta/Omega -- though don't be surprised if the prices adjust some...

I assume that it would work fine active as well? What just for the drivers?

I assume that it would work fine active as well? What just for the drivers?

$130/ea on the raw Omegas -- There is no reason you can't just use them active :)

i personally would like smaller parts than high quality....

or smaller high quality parts....KIS yo ;)

and it would also be much much cheaper...and those prices... are they preorder/entry?

Prices are indeed entry pricing.

Any other views or is small > high quality a consensus?

As for smaller high quality parts... We are working on it ;) but a nice price tag would be attached...

My gut is the people who want the big ones will probably also think going active is a good solution. You could have a limited run of high quality passives perhaps in a nice box or custom case as well.

I can't wait to get these things! And I can't wait for teH suprise. But dylan, I got an idea I wanna talk to you about. Get on AIM and i'll give you teH details.

Edited by skeptikal

mr nGism, there is alot of stuff going on that isn't posted. there are a few other things to be taken care of. The baskets are going to be cast by Ology which set production back a little while at the expense of the driver being built and designed to perfection. They are not going to rush thing out before its to their satisfaction. And believe me they are setting it high.

Edited by skeptikal