ncacoates

Mazda 8x SA-12 build

Went to a competition today and finally got it metered. Did a 153.9 on the dash windows down on music. I'm curious to know what this sucker would do on a tone sealed just couldn't do it today.

Nice score man. Still waiting on vids :)

Nice score man. Still waiting on vids smile.png

X2

swweet build

Working on the video some kid was there taking videos said when he got a chance he would send me some links when he got them up. Im pretty much a loner in my area none of my friends are into audio so getting videos is a pain. Not to mention my car can be herd 5+min away as ive been informed so finding a place to let it rip is a pain in the ass.

Finally got around to making the rear trim panel it really made everything look worlds better. Still working on some videos just been so busy lately.

u3m7r.jpg

Awesome box man, your craftmenship is outstanding. It looks damn loud.

I love your build! So clean and huge. Too huge for me but for most that's a complement. Im excited for vids popcorn.gif

Awesome box man, your craftmenship is outstanding. It looks damn loud.

I love your build! So clean and huge. Too huge for me but for most that's a complement. Im excited for vids popcorn.gif

Thanks guys!

Well guys i got a small start on the door pods and got it screwed up for a test fitment. Over the next week ill make two fresh rings and get to fiberglassing them. I decided to go with four Dayton Audio RS180-4 7" Reference Woofers for the mid bass drivers if anyone has and suggestions on tweeters id much appreciate it. I was considering using 2-3 small full range drives up the pillars but im not sure if that will suffice or not.

2012-04-16_16-54-47_789.jpg

2012-04-16_16-55-06_998.jpg

Well i got around to doing the base plate for one of the pods. It still needs another layer just wanna get the other door done and shaped then ill do them both at the same time. Also decided on different drivers since the other ones had such a limited range id more than likely have to run a large format tweeter to compensate. Peerless 6.5

2012-04-20_17-09-04_343.jpg

2012-04-20_17-20-46_195.jpg

Finally got around to making the rear trim panel it really made everything look worlds better. Still working on some videos just been so busy lately.

u3m7r.jpg

mikewhoa.png well damn

Edited by Ethan

Damn nice... loving the start on the doors!

Be sure to post lots of pics of your door build! Love seeing glass work.

Looks great so far man! Tuned in for updates.

If you are going for loud, which it looks like you are by the 8-12", you might want to consider a louder front stage as well. I would look into Sundown Neo 6.5" and Crescendo Audio tweets. One pair per door should get loud :)

If you are going for loud, which it looks like you are by the 8-12", you might want to consider a louder front stage as well. I would look into Sundown Neo 6.5" and Crescendo Audio tweets. One pair per door should get loud :)

I think he is already glassing his doors for two mids and a tweeter.

Edit: I understand why you said that. I'm a little slow.

Dang i obviously missed these posts ive been so busy this week. I had considered running the sundown neo's but honestly im looking more for sq as most the time i drive i listen to rock and such. As loud as 8-12s are full tilt you really don't pay attention to whats being said you just enjoy the blurry vision and your car falling apart lol. That's how it is for me anyway. I plan to get ya'll some more pictures and and updates this weekend as im gonna try and get the majority of the pods done then. Tried today but i measured the hardener wrong and halfway through applying the resin on the other base plate it started to harden............ anyways i got the mids in and let me just say they are built like tanks.

2012-05-02_18-40-58_52.jpg

:phatyo:

Nice bling!

Did you get this metered yet?

sooooo clean. VIDSSSSSSSSS

phatyo.gif

Thanks man! Toolmaker posted it up friday i couldn't say no lol. Figured out hes only a couple hour drive right here in nc too.

Nice bling!

Did you get this metered yet?

Yep sure did but only did one quick run on music. Did a 153.9 on the windshield with the driver and passenger windows down. I figure with better song choice and more tweaks i could get a mid 54 and maybe a 55 on a burp.

sooooo clean. VIDSSSSSSSSS

Thanks! Im working on the videos just need the time and place to do it. Its pretty retarded the amount of flex im getting cant wait to show y'all.