KyleBrown

Armykyle1's Build

cant wait to see the new amps... now just to find some subs that can handle that power smile.png

Picking up T2000 12s friday. Should take take the power :) I know the SAs will take it for a few burps ;)

Sucks about the rear end. Hope you get that taken care of. What amp will you be going with? You should get some SSA subs in there.

Powerbass XA4000's

from what I've seen they'll do a little more than rated and take .5 all day

If they'd take trade ins, I'd try out some Zcons

cant wait to see the new amps... now just to find some subs that can handle that power smile.png

Picking up T2000 12s friday. Should take take the power smile.png I know the SAs will take it for a few burps wink.png

Sucks about the rear end. Hope you get that taken care of. What amp will you be going with? You should get some SSA subs in there.

Powerbass XA4000's

I guess I just don't like your choice of subs. Diamond Audio, and then T3... And then Atomic amps... IDK, w/e makes you happy I guess. I hope it works out for you! And yes I'm aware of the numbers you have achieved, I state my opinion simply out of my opinion.

Picking up T2000 12s friday. Should take take the power smile.png I know the SAs will take it for a few burps wink.png

Powerbass XA4000's

I guess I just don't like your choice of subs. Diamond Audio, and then T3... And then Atomic amps... IDK, w/e makes you happy I guess. I hope it works out for you! And yes I'm aware of the numbers you have achieved, I state my opinion simply out of my opinion.

Its budget man. Plus I'm trying things out side of the box. Not just following suit. I've never seen any body put up numbers with Diamond subs so I had to try lol. I don't know why you don't like diamond audio... They make great gear. T3 had their issues, and they're gone lol. But the T2000s have good resale value so no money lost. Atomic amps? So amps that came from the same build house as sundown, dc, IA ect aren't good? I don't have a grand to spend on two subs.

Might be picking up some atomic ele 15s instead

Same build house does not mean same amps or components inside, fyi.

Same build house does not mean same amps or components inside, fyi.

doesn't mean worse quality either fyi

Exactly it doesn't mean shit so why act like it does?

there's nothing wrong with atomic amps? the company on the other hand...

so very true. Some tools for reps......

Pics of new subs?

Those T2000s look beast.

cant wait to see them subs... they look beast :)

That was my point, thanks Ricksi30.

Op I cant wait to see how much of gain the T2000 subs would be if any, using the same enclosure or building a new one? Do you think you maxed out your testing and abuse on SA's yet? Nice build log so far, I always wanted to try Diamond Audio subs but never got around to it.

Edited by jay-cee

I don't think anyone is??? So wtf are you talking about lol.....

That was my point, thanks Ricksi30.

Op I cant wait to see how much of gain the T2000 subs would be if any, using the same enclosure or building a new one? Do you think you maxed out your testing and abuse on SA's yet? Nice build log so far, I always wanted to try Diamond Audio subs but never got around to it.

I think the T2000s will be a good step up over SAs. T3 claims 31bl on the subs I'm getting... Even if its not that high, its still a much larger motor structure than the SAs.

I haven't maxed out testing on the SAs and I want to keep them. But I need more electrical. So they might be sacrificed... But they're far from maxed out on the single 3k. before one of the 3ks popped the SAs were a good bit audibly louder than the diamonds. I could tell I hadn't reached power compression like I did with the diamonds.

I'm building a new enclosure this weekend. Hopefully run changeable ports, do an 8" for spl, 6" for daily, but we'll see. The box will be more SPL oriented since the 12s will be temp, and I'll be going to 15s.

I've been nothing but happy with diamond audio. I would still have my D3 12s, but a hurricane took em away lol. I did 12+ burps on them with the 3ks strapped @1ohm. I think the one 3k popped from blowing the subs. You can tell where one of the coils pretty much blew up

Pics of new subs?

Those T2000s look beast.

Tomorrow or saturday ;)

cant wait to see them subs... they look beast smile.png

me either lol

I think the T2000s will be a good step up over SAs. T3 claims 31bl on the subs I'm getting... Even if its not that high, its still a much larger motor structure than the SAs.

I haven't maxed out testing on the SAs and I want to keep them. But I need more electrical. So they might be sacrificed... But they're far from maxed out on the single 3k. before one of the 3ks popped the SAs were a good bit audibly louder than the diamonds. I could tell I hadn't reached power compression like I did with the diamonds.

I'm building a new enclosure this weekend. Hopefully run changeable ports, do an 8" for spl, 6" for daily, but we'll see. The box will be more SPL oriented since the 12s will be temp, and I'll be going to 15s.

I've been nothing but happy with diamond audio. I would still have my D3 12s, but a hurricane took em away lol. I did 12+ burps on them with the 3ks strapped @1ohm. I think the one 3k popped from blowing the subs. You can tell where one of the coils pretty much blew up

Larger motor structure means nothing if its not optimized. There is some serious refinement in the SA's motor and it shows it in the performance it puts out. Ive seen direct swaps from much larger subs to sa's with significant gains.

Larger motor structure means nothing if its not optimized. There is some serious refinement in the SA's motor and it shows it in the performance it puts out. Ive seen direct swaps from much larger subs to sa's with significant gains.

I totally agree with you. I'm really impressed with the SAs, will buy another set soon. Sold mine today :(

I don't know enough about T3 to comment on how well designed they are. I know they had QC issues on soft parts. But these are freshly recones so hopefully they won't get demolished. I've heard and seen them perform well in the lanes, so I'll keep my fingers crossed

well my ryan put in work on my box while I was talking ish. Came out great but wouldn't fit since I screwed up on my measurements lol. Box would go in, but couldn't rotate to the proper position. He's modding the box so we can rotate it.

Amps will be in thursday as well as a D3100(hopefully)

Won't have much time for testing but my goal is 154 at the show saturday

subs

20120505_113307.jpg

cuts

20120505_182505.jpg

20120505_225230.jpg

some port :)

20120506_003154.jpg

cleaned up

20120506_125829.jpg

Mods he's done to the box

moddedbox.jpg

I'm freaking excited

Lookin good! Post better pics of them subs! :)

I'll try! probably have to wait till friday lol

:)

smile.png

morning.gif

nopity.gif

smile.png

morning.gif

nopity.gif

running2.gif

smile.png

morning.gif

nopity.gif

running2.gif

cartman-unsure.gif

I don't think anyone is??? So wtf are you talking about lol....

So you didn't say:

So amps that came from the same build house as sundown, dc, IA ect aren't good?

I'm definitely not someone who starts shit on here, but I don't like being called out either. If you weren't trying to say...."same build house, same quality" then what did that statement mean?