Sign in to follow this  
12compass

hello from florida

To start i think the forum rules are hilarious there was no pulling punches but sensible nonetheless. I drive a 2012 jeep compass with the uconnect and boston acoustic amplified 9 speaker system.

I have had a few different sub stages, quite a few different head units and a couple coaxials i have also done around 7 installs for experts and am learning everything as time goes on.

I listen to literally every type of music which makes picking my equipment interesting and i am also broke thereby making it even harder.

Last but not least if it wwas not abundantly clear i cannot punctuate or use grammar to dave my life im really trying here for y'all because it is in the rules but this will probably be the best i ever do.

Glad you came over! I'm surprised that you read the rules, most people don't. That DCON should work perfectly for you.

:WELCOME:

At least you're trying, that's all we really ask. :)

And welcome!

WELCOME.gif

Welcome, I teach over in Dade City. I also own a Chrysler product and know about some of the challenges to make them sound better, you will find a wealth of information on this forum.

welcome !

Well thanks all for the great reception, yea I do my best to read and respect the rules at all forums I participate in. What a small world my little brother goes to Saint Leo over there.

Yea my Jeep has quite a few quirks it is not exactly the best purchase I have ever made, but I'm making the best of it. Although I think the Boston system is one of the best stock stereos I've ever heard, it would nice if the vocals got louder though and if there was a place for a tweeter so a front stage component set was easier.

I don't particularly like the stock head unit because it freezes occasionally but I don't want to lose the functionality of my uconnect in steering wheel bluetooth and voice command just like my in mirror microphone. I have a Pioneer Premier DEH-P610BT practically brand new but I think it would be harder to figure out how to make the steering wheel buttons and mirror microphone work on that than just add the sub stage to the stock and then eventually a 4 channel amp and new front and rear stages.

Welcome

Greetings!!!

Well thanks all for the great reception, yea I do my best to read and respect the rules at all forums I participate in. What a small world my little brother goes to Saint Leo over there.

Yea my Jeep has quite a few quirks it is not exactly the best purchase I have ever made, but I'm making the best of it. Although I think the Boston system is one of the best stock stereos I've ever heard, it would nice if the vocals got louder though and if there was a place for a tweeter so a front stage component set was easier.

I don't particularly like the stock head unit because it freezes occasionally but I don't want to lose the functionality of my uconnect in steering wheel bluetooth and voice command just like my in mirror microphone. I have a Pioneer Premier DEH-P610BT practically brand new but I think it would be harder to figure out how to make the steering wheel buttons and mirror microphone work on that than just add the sub stage to the stock and then eventually a 4 channel amp and new front and rear stages.

Sounds like you are on the right track!

Im trying i just wish i had more money currently all i can do is just keep planning and re planning because of lack of funds i want to do front components maybe like a $100 cadence set and put the tweeters in the place of the 3.5s in the dash but i wish someone made tweeter pods to place there so my tweeters would project towards me not the windshield also i was told i could amp the components with my stock amp i believe its 40 watts rms a channel that would be good for a compnent set correct?

sorry in all my previous systems i was lazy and only used coaxials

:WELCOME: