miwasqo

Xcon 18" sub issue

Ok I just got my Xcon 18 sub installed and am having a frustrating issue.

At higher volumes and low tones the sub rattles!

The moment I noticed it started I looking for the cause. I tried tightening the screws and adjusting the seal just in case there was an air leak and quickly figured out that was not the issue.

I then thought maybe it was the box (a 6.5 cube ported box) but was able to conclude it was not.

I then decided to push slightly with my thumb on the center of the dust cover while the sub was playing hard (and rattling) and the noise stopped.

Is my dust cover loose? If not, what is the issue?

The sub is brand new and literally just installed.

It sounds so nasty that I turned off the system for the mean time. I have not even got to enjoy it yet.

It sounds like it is a loose dust cap.

It sounds like it is a loose dust cap.

x2

X3 it sounds like the dustcap isn't properly attached to me as well.

I LOVE SSA and Fi products, but it sure as hell seems like there's someone over at Fi who's not doing their job right during production. It's too bad there's no serial numbers on the units, it might make it possible to track down who did what on which units and who it might be that's slacking.

Please email us asap so we can get this corrected.

support @ soundsolutionsaudio.com

There is smaller than a handful of people who work at Fi, in fact I can only think of 3.

The fact of the matter is the polycarbonate plastic is being pushed beyond it's limits, I'm sure a solution is in the works, as this has happened before.

Only three? How the hell can they even begin to keep up?!?!!???!!!!?

Ah, well completely disregard my response. I thought there were more people than that. Not alot more or anything, just more, lol.

Yes Duran is correct, the build house is run with only a select few workers. So when you order a sub, the process starts at the machine shop as there are no off the shelf parts preassembled.

Yes Duran is correct, the build house is run with only a select few workers. So when you order a sub, the process starts at the machine shop as there are no off the shelf parts preassembled.

That I knew, I just figured there were more like 6, 8 or 10 people there to build stuff. It's hard to fathom how 3 people can keep up with the number of orders. They must have the build process down to a fine science is all I can imagine.

That I knew, I just figured there were more like 6, 8 or 10 people there to build stuff. It's hard to fathom how 3 people can keep up with the number of orders. They must have the build process down to a fine science is all I can imagine.

It's called the race to ZERO. Cannot keep up with similar margins as other brands go cheaper and cheaper, which means minimal money for employees and production.

That is why I am waiting for 2 BL 12" for 2.5 months.

I love their products, but...

We will cover this repair asap of course. Don't appreciate the attempt at a paypal dispute before we have a chance to fix it.

We will cover this repair asap of course. Don't appreciate the attempt at a paypal dispute before we have a chance to fix it.

Seriously?!

Why would I not attempt that first?

I pulled the sub from the box and the surround off only to see that the basket is cracker behind the surround. Meaning it was either damaged during shipping, or before it was even shipped.

The sub was shipped just about as recklessly as one could possibly ship it. It was just a regular cardboard box with Styrofoam sitting inside it (not specifically positioned anywhere).

When I saw the box the first thing I thought was that I would file a claim ASAP if I opened it and saw any damage. I opened it and it looked fine when it really had hidden damage.

There is no reason why I should be a happy go lucky customer when I got a damaged sub due to the lack of proper packaging.

Yeah UPS could have been responsible but that would not have happened (at least in that specific spot) if the sub had been crate packaged like I see they are all over online.

What else does the build house really expect will happen when they throw and 65 lbs 18" sub in a cardboard box and hand it over to be shipped?

Edited by miwasqo

I have had several large and heavy subs shipped the same way and have never had an issue. All from the same build house too. I live in PA, so they have a long trip.

From time to time this does happen and you can rest assured you will be taken care of.

What exactly was the need for filing it the instant the package was opened? If you take a minute to look at their track record it's more than evident that Aaron & SSA hold customer service as one of their top priorities by responding quickly to every customer issue and resolving all of them to the customer's satisfaction. I don't think anyone is suggesting that you be pleased you received a damaged subwoofer, but filing a claim with paypal before you've given the company the opportunity to resolve the issue with you seems asinine. Hell, according to your plan you would have filed a paypal claim before you even informed the company there was an issue. It just so happened you didn't notice the damage earlier. It seems more like you wanted to prove you were pissed off and throw a bitch fit by filing a claim immediately rather than actually work with a company with stellar customer service to resolve the issue you unfortunately encountered. Everybody has encountered an issue with a company or product at some point in our lives, some of us are capable of handling the issue maturely.....others are not.

The OEM's shipping habits are no secret. They ship thousands of subwoofers per year with comparatively limited issues.

pardon my laguage, but it seems to me (from all what im hearing latley) the build house is fucking up big time somehow. hell higher me and ill fly out to las vegas and build some subs :) id LOVE to do that and for minimum wage haha.

Why would I not attempt that first?

I pulled the sub from the box and the surround off only to see that the basket is cracker behind the surround. Meaning it was either damaged during shipping, or before it was even shipped.

The sub was shipped just about as recklessly as one could possibly ship it. It was just a regular cardboard box with Styrofoam sitting inside it (not specifically positioned anywhere).

When I saw the box the first thing I thought was that I would file a claim ASAP if I opened it and saw any damage. I opened it and it looked fine when it really had hidden damage.

There is no reason why I should be a happy go lucky customer when I got a damaged sub due to the lack of proper packaging.

Yeah UPS could have been responsible but that would not have happened (at least in that specific spot) if the sub had been crate packaged like I see they are all over online.

What else does the build house really expect will happen when they throw and 65 lbs 18" sub in a cardboard box and hand it over to be shipped?

Maybe you're new to it, if so, no worries. But, a paypal dispute is on of the last things to try when there is an issue and the selling company is not responding or addressing the issue. It is for when product is not delivered or wrong product delivered, not shipping damage. Paypal does not have anything to do with UPS. This was not an issue with packing until these last couple of months a few started popping up, and we have already had the factory switch over crating the Xcon's (only Zcon's were crate packed, so you are mistaken about seeing Xcon's crated all over online). Never said you should be a happy go lucky customer, not even close, but at least have some respect for the concept of business and give the business at least a moment to address the problem.

As I said via email, we will be sending you a shipping label shortly and covering the damages/repair.

pardon my laguage, but it seems to me (from all what im hearing latley) the build house is fucking up big time somehow. hell higher me and ill fly out to las vegas and build some subs smile.png id LOVE to do that and for minimum wage haha.

The packing issue has addressed on the Xcon's, as they are all now crated like the Zcon's. The couple of Xcon's that have had a dust cap snafu, we are addressing it right now, and I think people will really like the results. And to the second part of your post, be careful what you wish for. ;)

Bueno

Why I could never run a mail order speaker buisness. I would just be telling people to F-off if they pulled some crap like this...

People need to realize why you get such a high cost/performance ratio this (Mail order/factory direct) way. You aren't paying for the overhead of a 21 year old "expert" covered in Acne guiding you you through the purchasing process and then going into a back room and grabing you a sub.... And paying for his manager, and his building, etc.... You are only paying for a product and a little logistics...

You need to remember this when things like this happen...