hello everyone, im looking into getting some new subwoofer(s) i either want to get 2 12s or 1 15 i want to tune it around 38-41 hertz and my budget on subs not including amp is about 900 dollars so everyone throw in their opinion on what i should get!

what space do you have available, what music you listen, why 38-41 Hz, do you read forum rulez?

if you want to be tuned that high, i know dd subs like to be tuned high. you could port 2 9512's to 37-38 hz

what space do you have available, what music you listen, why 38-41 Hz, do you read forum rulez?

We need these ^ info to help.

Tune lower 30-34hz for rap, you don't need 14 cubes unless you want 2 18's. Your budget will allow for very nice subs.

What vehicle? And I would tune lower if you listen to mostly rap.

i was wanting it high tunes so it would carry far but i might go down to 35 and my truck is a 02 nissan crewcab and now im thinking about going 4 15s and just taking the back seat out

i was wanting it high tunes so it would carry far but i might go down to 35 and my truck is a 02 nissan crewcab and now im thinking about going 4 15s and just taking the back seat out

Carrying far?? Lol

Well that might be understandable if you were competing in park n pound but it sounds like you are just young and want to look cool. As to what freq carries farther who cares if it sounds like ass.

For 900 to get 4 15's then the SA-15's will probably be your best and loudest bet.

Edited by swift

Yeah mainly just want to blow everyone else in my town out really haha and ive looked at those and the vvx's

Yeah mainly just want to blow everyone else in my town out really haha and ive looked at those and the vvx's

Stop looking at the vvx's. You should look at the GCON's too.

Why not? They're good subs for the price. Or he could go gcon's and wait two to three months.

You could do xcon 15s if you had the electrical to support the power needed.

ZVX 15's fit in the budget too.

Havoc 15's

Death Penalty 15's would be slightly out off budget, but they're very underrated.

TC sounds LMS-R 15's

TC sounds axis 12s.

But if you're hear trying setup a system so people can hear you from all over, basically driving around like and arseho. Won't work out good. It's true about DD subs, at least in my experience.

Why not? They're good subs for the price. Or he could go gcon's and wait two to three months.

Why not...because better drivers can be had for the same, or slightly more money. I also like my money to go to a company that is owned by honest people who are in the car audio business for more than just making a quick buck.

The build time for the GCON is much less than three months, and it is a far superior driver than the vvx in every way.

Having used the VVX's they are not good at all, also have used a GCON and it is a ton better then the VVX.

It's funny you guys focused on one of the subs I ,mentioned. Having seen the vvx's used a few big builds down here, they did just fine. SSA makes good subs, but it's not the only subs out there. You guys act like they're the only subs people can use and everything else sucks.

It's funny you guys focused on one of the subs I ,mentioned. Having seen the vvx's used a few big builds down here, they did just fine. SSA makes good subs, but it's not the only subs out there. You guys act like they're the only subs people can use and everything else sucks.

At least SSA subs are built in the USA.

I wasn't impressed with my VVX's... Run of the mill.

Its funny how you can comment on subs you haven't used and have only "seen used in big builds".

Havoc = I was not very impressed by the driver, had good output but didn't wow me in any way.

LMS-r = Great driver if you want to go sealed, didn't impress me in ported applications.

Axis = Haven't used it but I have a LA Storm neo and it is a good driver surprisingly loud on low power, so if the AXIS is like the storm it should be a good driver but not for the price tag.

ZVX = Haven't used and wont after the experience with the VVX

DP = Haven't used, isn't my style of sub but have used IA products and one of theirs is one of my favorites.

ICON = Good output low end is great.

GCON = like the older ICON specs are very close, good output with good low end.

Its funny how you can comment on subs you haven't used and have only "seen used in big builds".

Havoc = I was not very impressed by the driver, had good output but didn't wow me in any way.

LMS-r = Great driver if you want to go sealed, didn't impress me in ported applications.

Axis = Haven't used it but I have a LA Storm neo and it is a good driver surprisingly loud on low power, so if the AXIS is like the storm it should be a good driver but not for the price tag.

DP = Haven't used, isn't my style of sub but have used IA products and one of theirs is one of my favorites.

What's funny is, the subs I use, you can't buy unless I sell them to someone. Or you build some yourself.

Oh and it wasn't just "seen in big builds" God forbid I don't post up everything I do. But carry on since you're an expert in every driver ever made.

Well the VVX is a turd.

But so is peel and seal and you liked that.

Well the VVX is a turd.

But so is peel and seal and you liked that.

WTF are you talking about? Damp pro? Roadkill expert? alpha damp? I never have nor will I ever use p/s. I used Audio technix old crap ans regretted it for sometime.

What's funny is, the subs I use, you can't buy unless I sell them to someone. Or you build some yourself.

Oh and it wasn't just "seen in big builds" God forbid I don't post up everything I do. But carry on since you're an expert in every driver ever made.

Most people would prefer a designed driver rather than a mix of parts labeled: "custom driver."

Kevin have proven time and time again to be a sketchy person with poor business ethics, so I believe that is reason enough to persuade people away from his products.

Most people would prefer a designed driver rather than a mix of parts labeled: "custom driver."

Kevin have proven time and time again to be a sketchy person with poor business ethics, so I believe that is reason enough to persuade people away from his products.

He has, granted everything I've seen is from a few years back. I've done a few deals with him, but it wasn't for skar products. Granted I was offered a very nice discount if I were to purchase some of his products. One of my friends is a local dealer for skar. But that's why I suggested other drivers. I would suggest Zv3's but those are out of his allotted budget. On line and most likely better you but you have the SA series.