Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Is it true that it's better to eat smaller portions of food over a few hours interval instead of a big meal (like you feel you are full and don't really want to eat anymore), but between a longer time span? Is it true that with a bigger meal the body can't process all the food, so it gets wasted and pooped out.

What about a guy like me with fast metabolism?

What's your experience, guys?

Best answer carbs and protein in multiple meals a day. Losing fat its limited carbs in multiple meals a day.

Whats your goals, and current situation, and exercise (if any)? I may not be Mr. Fitness (by my own admission) but I do know diet pretty well.

J

My goal is not to waste food. I am 123 lbs, but I don't really care about it.

Personally I see no point in getting buffed and combine that with being tired after work, I don't exercise. In the warmer seasons I ride my bicycle pretty often, that's pretty much about it.

Damn. A buddy of mine from back home (Buffalo, NY) got a big buck and a big doe on opening day. I miss NY deer hunting.

It's always opening day when I pull open the bedroom window.

I am jealous of your buddy, as well as you Quentin. I miss helping filling tags, and fresh venison.

J

Tags? You mean they issue tags?

Is it true that it's better to eat smaller portions of food over a few hours interval instead of a big meal (like you feel you are full and don't really want to eat anymore), but between a longer time span? Is it true that with a bigger meal the body can't process all the food, so it gets wasted and pooped out.

What about a guy like me with fast metabolism?

What's your experience, guys?

Best answer carbs and protein in multiple meals a day. Losing fat its limited carbs in multiple meals a day.

Whats your goals, and current situation, and exercise (if any)? I may not be Mr. Fitness (by my own admission) but I do know diet pretty well.

J

My goal is not to waste food. I am 123 lbs, but I don't really care about it.

Personally I see no point in getting buffed and combine that with being tired after work, I don't exercise. In the warmer seasons I ride my bicycle pretty often, that's pretty much about it.

This may sound stupid, but for you I would suggest you eat when your hungry and don't when your not. You don't seem to have any issues with weight. IMO forcing yourself to a eating regiment mostly has to do with making sure you don't over eat (or for skinny people that you do eat) to reach a weight goal. The biggest time to worry about food IMO is before and after vigorous exercise.

I've never gone and ate at specific periods of time, I eat when I am hungry and it's not uncommon to go for big intervals between food. For example when there is nothing to eat, late at night, I just grab a small snack when it's available and leave eating for the next day.

My question was mainly about big intakes of food, after the point you know that's a pretty good size of a dish for my body, then continue to eat, so I don't bother a longer period of time with food. Am I wasting food after that or with my fast metabolism it's still getting processed?

I doubt that you can consume enough food, without stuffing yourself and being uncomfortable, to worry about wasted energy that is lost as poop.

It's almost impossible with carbs. Fat you would notice if you were not digesting, and usually indicates liver issues or some other problen. Protein is possible, but it's in the 50-60 grams in one sitting, maybe even more for some people.

Eating small meals is healthier and you will both extract more micronutrients and make better use of your fast metabolism.

The eating more now so you have to eat less later premise is fine. It's just not as healthy.

I've never gone and ate at specific periods of time, I eat when I am hungry and it's not uncommon to go for big intervals between food. For example when there is nothing to eat, late at night, I just grab a small snack when it's available and leave eating for the next day.

My question was mainly about big intakes of food, after the point you know that's a pretty good size of a dish for my body, then continue to eat, so I don't bother a longer period of time with food. Am I wasting food after that or with my fast metabolism it's still getting processed?

Two different ways to eat once hungry.  Less is more, but balance is the most important part.

^--------

I hate it when someone can say what I want to in less words.

Bingo!

See what I did there?

Who the hell dressed in Bills red, white, and blue today?

We are laying the wood to the Jets. Welcome to New York, jets... now go back to Jersey with another notch in the "L" column.

^^^ damn, that sucks. Sooooo many good pics!

Crazy fucking storms here all day.  Wind, tornados, rain, hail, flooding, etc. . .

I washed and waxed my car again today for the final time this year. I washed it a couple weeks ago and stored it for the winter, but we had a nice day today so I took her out again for the last time of the year so I washed and waxed this time before I put her away.

I'm glad were not getting the shit your getting Ryan!

2013-11-17144619_zps15d6b3f2.jpg

Waxed half the truck today. Took too damn long to wash it. Glad my truck isn't filthy anymore. I haven't washed/waxed it in forever and figured with winter coming it would help to have a good wax coat on it.

No new lens on this trip. The prices were decent, but the taxes brought the price back to the price here.

What proteins J?

Chicken and steak. Thought about the fillet migneon (spelling??) but wanted a bit of variety. The only 'issue' with the food was the mushrooms. They tasted just shitty.

It's unfortunate that I do not eat seafood, as they offer quite a nice variety.

J

Damn. A buddy of mine from back home (Buffalo, NY) got a big buck and a big doe on opening day. I miss NY deer hunting.

I am jealous of your buddy, as well as you Quentin. I miss helping filling tags, and fresh venison.

J

Yep. For both buck and doe. Doe tags are done in a lottery system.

J

J

J

that was my attempt at sarcasm 

Kind of ironic how I HATED Nsync, but I can't stop listening to Justin Timberlake.

J

J

that was my attempt at sarcasm 

Sorry.....people in AZ were shocked we used tags, so I went with it. LOL

J