Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I will never understand how anyone can consider winter the better season.

where you live you don't get winter, you get the dreary bullahit blues. Here we have sun and snow.

So my little man Gavin wants to go hunting, but with the haunt his dad has limited hunting weekends. So my wife tells him she will take him shooting, I looked at her and just smiled. Others at the haunt looked at her like she was crazy as she said "yea Neal bought me a handgun and tought me how to use because you just never know anymore". As I was watching these people look at her, I said " now she just needs to get her carry permit".

I need to get the wife a carry permit, but I did buy here a Kimber Pepper Blaster II for her purse, also bought one for Gma since she was complaining about a local dog that gets in her yard, shes to small anymore to just carry a gun to fix the dog but pepper spray is certainly doable and the pepperblaster shouldn't give the blowback spray like regular OC will.  

I will never understand how anyone can consider winter the better season.

Winter in Tucson is much better than the rest of our "seasons." laugh.png

Tucson sucks all the time.  

I hate winter. Only good thing about winter is I have an excuse to be lazy. Hate the cold. Hate snow. Hate stupid people who can't drive in the snow.

I hate winter. Only good thing about winter is I have an excuse to be lazy. Hate the cold. Hate snow. Hate stupid people who can't drive in the snow.

I hear ya. Hate it when it gets below 40 in December.

Because of course Apple doesn't support M3U files...oof

okay figured it out...finally...

By making sure to click the Summary button and making sure the checkbox next to “Manually manage music and videos” is on and never, ever, EVER touching any Sync button, iTunes is...manageable...barely...

Edited by Penguin4x4

It's akin to saying "I'm managing my explosive diarrhea" though

ITunes plays music. It has a bunch of limitations.

99.999999% of people don't care about the limits though.

As it stands today I do have explosive diarrhea, so iTunes sounds like fun compared to yet another trip to the crapper.....

Speaking of, there goes the gurgle now...

I hope to all that is loving and good no one was in when the mud trombone decided to do a solo.

If this winter is like last I'm going to freak out. Mother Nature donkey punched us in the nuts last year. Several feet of snow at the same time temps dropped to wind chills of something like -20...so I had to stand out in that shit for DAYS a shoveling.

Speaking of which, I need a new winter coat. And I hate being cold. So I want something SUPER warm at a reasonable price. I was hoping Sean or someone might have a suggestion

I use academy's winter ware. I'm sure it's not as cold here as up your way. But if I'm doing much of anything in weather below 30 degrees with 80 percent humidity I sweat my ass off fully layered.

A coworker uses the same and rides snowmobiles in Jacksom Hole evey year with no issues.

If this winter is like last I'm going to freak out. Mother Nature donkey punched us in the nuts last year. Several feet of snow at the same time temps dropped to wind chills of something like -20...so I had to stand out in that shit for DAYS a shoveling.

Be happy you're not as close to the lake as I.  That lake-effect shit is major piss me off stuff.  Of course, all the white shit pisses me off.  I need to move to a tropical island.  That's the only answer.

I use academy's winter ware. I'm sure it's not as cold here as up your way. But if I'm doing much of anything in weather below 30 degrees with 80 percent humidity I sweat my ass off fully layered.

A coworker uses the same and rides snowmobiles in Jacksom Hole evey year with no issues.

Thanks I'll check it out.

I was thinking about checking out LL Bean. I don't know how warm they are to some other brands, but their "return policy" means I could never have to actually purchase another winter coat. When it wears out just exchange it for another.

Be happy you're not as close to the lake as I.  That lake-effect shit is major piss me off stuff.  Of course, all the white shit pisses me off.  I need to move to a tropical island.  That's the only answer.

I can only imagine. I don't know how you survive over there.

Sean will tell you layers are the answer for staying warm.

Also wool. Wool is king.

Especially if you are going to be active.

Speaking of which, I need a new winter coat. And I hate being cold. So I want something SUPER warm at a reasonable price. I was hoping Sean or someone might have a suggestion

For activities where you are making heat and moving or for sitting still?

Sean will tell you layers are the answer for staying warm.

Also wool. Wool is king.

Especially if you are going to be active.

Wool isn't cheap and if you are stinky when you sweat a synthetic works. For sitting still doing nothing down is your best friend.

ie, I wear down in the car but a wool/synth/shell mix when I work.

You'd probably shit if you saw my snowmobile jacket. It is non-insulated and super breathable. Not quite arc teryx but not far behind. I wear that over a super thin wool long sleeve undershirt and a thin baselayer 200 weight polar fleece. Ultra warm at 70mph and -20F. Sitting still doing nothing though I'd freeze my ass off so I pack another layer in my bag in case the sled shits the bed.

Around town I wear a 800 weight Eddie Bauer down jacket. EB makes talls so I am not fucked like with most companies. Their First Ascent stuff makes some of the uber expensive brands blush too.

If you can't layer and you are just driving your car around town a down jacket is the best you can buy.

Add a WOOL cap and some kick ass thinsulate gloves and you are golden.

At 0 I can walk around in a sweater. I am known to shovel in a t shirt and shorts often enough if it's at least 10 above.

You didn't get arc teryx???

I thought you went full balls to the walls.