Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

This is one of the replies in the bottom....but I don't believe it.

"No you can't just remove the box. It'll set codes for abs, airbag, traction, etc. They've integrated a lot of things into that box. I think it's more communication based but without the box the truck sets lots of codes and doesn't operate normally. I tried this method already. Good luck."

CAN bus by definition would mean that each process that is added has its own controller. Economies of scale say combine things that get added in a "package" into one container.

The bummer is of course in 2010 that bluetooth became standard.

In 2008, it was an option however. VCIM module "looks" the same. Mine will make an older non-bluetooth truck a bluetooth truck. Has some value to someone else, lol.

I just don't want faults.

All vehicles without share the Onstar. Not sure how it would give me warning messages now anyways as there is nothing connected to play audio.

Sure hope yanking the stock amp doesn't set off any dumb alarm. Imagine that would give some people shit fits though...or maybe they are too lazy to use the stock spot as an amp rack.

My stupid code reader took a shit too.

I also just made a random assumption that if I have no amp or headunit that hitting the +vol button on the steering wheel will just send a CAN bus signal that nothing receives. If it is exclusive and deterministic requiring confirmation then I'm screwed.

That however would be an idiotic design from an engineering perspective. Having something fail is one thing, having it jam itself with any fault potentially then effecting something else dumb. It is GM though. Doh.gif

Not paying $400 for the HPTuners one either, lol. Guess I'll drive by Oreilly on Monday and look at all codes and reset it. Drive around for and check again. Then pull the plugs off the VCIM and see again.

Anyone have a great local spot to buy thick cutting board at?

I don't feel like making dust nor paint.

Or any HPDE for that matter.

1.25" would be ideal. (I think) Could go outside and remeasure, but I'm pretty much in bed.

Nothing like falling asleep early in the evening, and waking up at 2am. Plus side I got to finish school work, and am now all caught back up. Trying to get ahead of the curve now.

J

Quoted tires yesterday. Going to stick with the 315/75R16s unfortunately. I can't justify the extra $400 in tires before wheel costs to get a narrower, tall tire.

Can't get that much bitten off online shopping?

J

Can't stop looking though, lol. I wish I could throw on some stock 18s and roll, but with the lift I can have a max of 5" backspace (I think)

And if I wouldn't have re-geared In would drop back down to a 33"

Ultra is ok.

EDC is probably a much better time.

Also, the whole winter music conference was much better than Ultra. I don't think it's in SoBe anymore however...

Been a loooooong time.

Either way, I would love to go.

Come here in June, 4 day festival at an old, partly ruined, castle. 

No shit, what is it called?

Electric Castle

Look it up, it's going to be awesome. Prodigy, The Glitch Mob, Sub Focus, Netsky and many more. 

Ultra is ok.

Also, the whole winter music conference was much better than Ultra. I don't think it's in SoBe anymore however...

Been a loooooong time.

Electric Castle

Look it up, it's going to be awesome. Prodigy, The Glitch Mob, Sub Focus, Netsky and many more.

Just prodigy alone would be awesome.

Ultra is ok.

Been a loooooong time.

Electric Castle

Just prodigy alone would be awesome.

Man you should try Bannaroo around my way...People come from all over the world to attend smile.png

Happy Easter fellows!!!  smile.png

smile.png

I have an LG Onstar/Handsfree package in the truck. Can I just remove it without ill effects? I'd like the real estate.

LG 20829984

Seth - any idea if my truck will complain if I take out the brain? I gutted the rest of the stereo today and figure that won't do anything for me so I'd yank it and use the space for something else if I could.

if you just yank it does it throw a load? I pulled my star unit out of her trunk without considering any problems. Got lucky i guess. 

Anal is always safer if you don't want kids.

Nature is wild I have spent 30 min watching my kitties play with groundhogs smile.png

Its the priceless things in life for sure.