Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Lol

Whats up man.....rarely see you in the IHOP
Whats up man. Yea I usually just browse the ihop but seen something funny lol. . . Never really knew what the ihop was

Its where everone post random shit lol

The dash comes off pretty easy on your truck.

Going to find some decayed leaves or some shit in your drain paths on the leak I bet.

Lol

Whats up man.....rarely see you in the IHOP

Whats up man. Yea I usually just browse the ihop but seen something funny lol. . . Never really knew what the ihop was

:huh2:

Whats that mean?

The dash comes off pretty easy on your truck.

Going to find some decayed leaves or some shit in your drain paths on the leak I bet.

That's what I've heard. I think I found the leak during my removal of the interior though. I noticed my truck only leaks when I back it into my parking spot which makes my truck face downhill and puts the bed/cab gap right under the edge of my building. I found the carpet was wet all down the passenger side of the truck and the padding actually bled colors onto the paint so I could see the path the water traveled and after some quick searches my suspicions were correct that the rear vents leak on these trucks. I plan to remove and seal off one when I sound deaden the rear wall, and I'm either going to buy a new one from the dealer or rebuild the one I removed with new rubber flaps. The little flaps are so fragile they just tear when you touch them with your finger. When I reinstall I'm going to silicone it to the back of the cab so no water can get in through the "gasket" they have on it.

Edited by ILuvJDM

We are all in the same boat with the under dash leak on the passenger side, have to wait for the rain to stop first. On a side note got the radiator hoses and coolant replaced yesterday, right before summer gears up.

In the 4am time frame I get to take a good friend and his wife to the airport and watch them fly off to Cozumel Mexico. I am jealous!

Just got back! It was AMAZING!

You guys are fucking nuts. My $100 Samsung does more than I could ever need. I can't see any point in spending more on a phone.

Is that $100 off contract or on contract?

The view we had this week. Cozumel is out there directly ahead.IMG_20150529_075400748_zpsajp4elw8.jpg

Nice Mike, I like Cozumel also.

You guys are fucking nuts. My $100 Samsung does more than I could ever need. I can't see any point in spending more on a phone.

Is that $100 off contract or on contract?

No contract. I'm on Boost. Paid $100 for my phone and $45/month unlimited everything.

Woot. Garage cleaning day!!

10 gig of data for $64.94, yes thank you. Company discount through Verizon was just updated!

Boo. Phone doesn't get here until June 8 :(

My external DVD drive sycks too. Carpc doesn't like it. That blows as I have to install the backup camera driver which is hidden on a damn DVD only

My external DVD drive sycks too. Carpc doesn't like it. That blows as I have to install the backup camera driver which is hidden on a damn DVD only

No DVD drive on other computers to transfer it to USB stick?

Boo. Phone doesn't get here until June 8 sad.png

Raft from china huh2.gif

The view we had this week. Cozumel is out there directly ahead.IMG_20150529_075400748_zpsajp4elw8.jpg

Nice man!! II would like to be sitting there with a cooler full of beer and a hoochie mama!

Any suggestions on local places to source MLV? Would a home improvement store carry anything like that or is it strictly for car audio?

Boo. Phone doesn't get here until June 8 :(

What!

Boooooooo!

I'll send you pics of mine when I get it on Wednesday.

Any suggestions on local places to source MLV? Would a home improvement store carry anything like that or is it strictly for car audio?

Lowes used to carry "Peel&seal" I have seen people use this before a whole lot cheaper than you "sound deadener companies"  the lowes peal and seal is asphalt based wile most of your deadner compaines are butyl based...Some of the deadener is asphalt based as well..But depending on your climate conditions I would think twice In doing your "home improvent" deadening..As if you live in a warmer climate you will be dealing with a mess,and will be pissing in the wind to keep it applied to your trunk lid.ect.. If you have the budget I would suggest a reputable deadener company and butyl based material.

Lowes used to carry "Peel&seal" I have seen people use this before a whole lot cheaper than you "sound deadener companies"  the lowes peal and seal is asphalt based wile most of your deadner compaines are butyl based...Some of the deadener is asphalt based as well..But depending on your climate conditions I would think twice In doing your "home improvent" deadening..As if you live in a warmer climate you will be dealing with a mess,and will be pissing in the wind to keep it applied to your trunk lid.ect.. If you have the budget I would suggest a reputable deadener company and butyl based material.

I already bought like 200sqft of Knu 80mil deadener, but after reading SDS I realized some MLV is probably a good investment before I put my interior back together. Right now I'm just planning on 1 layer on he floor and roof. I only care about the floor and roof because those are a pain to remove, and I don't want to do it again. The doors are easy to pop off and rework. I did the front doors in 3 layers of Kno Knoise a couple weeks ago. Here's my finished doors with 2 layers on outer door and a single on the inner with holes sealed (not terrible in my opinion, but maybe some wasted material after reading SDS)

IMAG1835_zpsweyendqo.jpg

IMAG1837_zpsiiudrlkh.jpg

Floor as of now, it started storming bad here so I had to go inside...

IMAG1892_zpsdgvyjo4y.jpg

Got my radio harness cleaned up and tested my techlfex, I love this stuff.

IMAG1894_zpstxkytzbe.jpg

Yes you should be able to find some mlv locally as far as where i couldn't say. I also know parts-express has it as well among other places online.

Is that the ideal setup for a floor is to just lay MLV on top of CLD, 100% coverage?

I see on the roof they suggest 3M stuff and not MLV

No DVD drive on other computers to transfer it to USB stick?

That's already done. Camera doesn't power on not in reverse....so I should try in reverse.

Broke in the new foam cannon instead. Washed everything I own, lol. Truck needs clay BAD. Hopefully I'll get to that tonight. Going to need some significant correction too. Can't believe I haven't done that yet.

Have to be industrial supply of some sort. Lead sheeting might also be available locally and if so saving the shipping may make a bigger difference than anything else.