Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

hd558/598 are super impressive for <$150. but you have the amp so might as well go 600+

Duly noted. I can grab the 600s all day for $150-200 less than the 650s. Is the money for the 650s justifiable?

Also, I can get the over ear Momentums for $140 less than the 600s...

So... please give me some insight.

i cant speak on the 600 or higher. still rocking my 558s. 598s use the same driver as the 558s so my upgrade will be either the 600/650. Just haven't pulled the trigger. 

Finding good info on headphones is proving difficult. The forums I've seen are shit. 

You really should try some open over ear cans like the 558/598. sell them if you decide to grab the higher end stuff later

Fucking garage door installation.

I should have hired someone.

It's going to be bad as Fuck though.

Wifi garage door. My garage door game will definitely be next level if I don't die.

I've got a pair of those. Fucking phone software makes you log in each time so I don't use it.

What happened that made it hard? The first one pissed me off, the second one took like 20 minutes.

Started with taking the old rail and opener down. It was so snug it held itself up with friction. The directions had some misinformation that made me look over it 20-30 times making sure the assembly was going to be ok. Having a snack and break now.

Have to make new brackets and it's not wanting to fit. Belt drive system freaked me out and the previous rig had wires through conduit so I'll be at this all night and probably won't get done tonight.

I am also having a crazy flare up today... So I'm a touch whiney and working slower than usual.

And if you can't really try them it is tough. I might have an extra variable though that others don't deal with. Being 6'7" I have rather large pinna so comfort is pretty much impossible for on the ears and for over some aren't fucking big enough. What fits comfortable will help the sound IMO. Music doesn't sound good if you won't wear the headphones.

Fucking garage door installation.

I should have hired someone.

It's going to be bad as Fuck though.

Wifi garage door. My garage door game will definitely be next level if I don't die.

I've got a pair of those. Fucking phone software makes you log in each time so I don't use it.

What happened that made it hard? The first one pissed me off, the second one took like 20 minutes.

Started with taking the old rail and opener down. It was so snug it held itself up with friction. The directions had some misinformation that made me look over it 20-30 times making sure the assembly was going to be ok. Having a snack and break now.

Have to make new brackets and it's not wanting to fit. Belt drive system freaked me out and the previous rig had wires through conduit so I'll be at this all night and probably won't get done tonight.

I am also having a crazy flare up today... So I'm a touch whiney and working slower than usual.

I bought the same opener. The track directions are shit. Looking at it makes you go, duh though, reading makes you do the wrong shit.

The directions were also wrong for my tensioner and there was no addendum like I found in my SECOND one. Absolutely backwards. Figured it out then googled and realized the directions suck donkey. Of course then I open the box for the next one and WHAM, addendum.

Other than the shit phone app are you happy?

Part of me feels really dumb for not buying some cheep craftsman unit that would probably just bolt up.

Fucking love them. I'll never do a chain drive again.

The app is cool for when you aren't home, but when you are or are walking home it pisses me off.

For instance, I walk my boy to school EVERY morning.

Sure would be sweet to hit open at the bottom of my driveway and walk right in.

No one EVER uses anything but the garage door at my house lol

Other than the shit phone app are you happy?

Part of me feels really dumb for not buying some cheep craftsman unit that would probably just bolt up.

The battery backup was sweet one day as well

POURING and didn't know our power was out until in the garage smile.png

Much better than swimming

I need to step up my car cleaning game.

I have a rotary buffer, clay bar, foam cannon, soap...but am interested in perspective on pads/compounds that you all like. In particular for swirl removal on a black SUV.

I have access to a dual-action orbital as well. My buddy Josh has a Flex. I have a feeling that my results on a black car will be better if I use that....but since I need pads/compound I thought I should ask here.

Autogeek gives me a fucking headache. Almost as bad as mp3car.com. Seriously unsearchable.

Eastwood and others have a Norton kit called liquid ice. Everything you need.

So... The fucking rail is 2 inches too long or so.

Tried to take out the old 2x4 and the screws were so tight it broke a bit on my drill, I started to use an extractor and the head snapped off. I'm just going to cut the thing off tomorrow and start fresh.

The wood in my house and garage is some crazy god Damn hyper wood. It is unbelievable how strong it is.

Never seen anything like it in my life.

I'm glad you like it.

Makes me feel less of a fool.

I want from 1/2 horse to 1.5 or something nuts too.

Captain overkill 2.0.

It was actually cheaper than the one with no back up battery and less features oddly enough.

Tried to take out the old 2x4 and the screws were so tight it broke a bit on my drill, I started to use an extractor and the head snapped off. I'm just going to cut the thing off tomorrow and start fresh.

The wood in my house and garage is some crazy god Damn hyper wood. It is unbelievable how strong it is.

It's probably rough sawn oak. Do yourself a favor and buy a decent impact and a set of impact bits and it will save your life.

I need to step up my car cleaning game.

I have a rotary buffer, clay bar, foam cannon, soap...but am interested in perspective on pads/compounds that you all like. In particular for swirl removal on a black SUV.

I have access to a dual-action orbital as well. My buddy Josh has a Flex. I have a feeling that my results on a black car will be better if I use that....but since I need pads/compound I thought I should ask here.

Autogeek gives me a fucking headache. Almost as bad as mp3car.com. Seriously unsearchable.

Eastwood and others have a Norton kit called liquid ice. Everything you need.

I don't really need the kit, I do have probably 10-15 pads. Compound I am completely out of, I have no pad washer, and can't say I am a fan of the rotary on black paint. Perhaps it is because I don't clean the pads enough though.

Was your recommendation of Eastwood's products independent of the kit? I've always used 3M because I usually get it at cost at the company store, but that favor I don't feel like calling in atm and all my shit is mostly empty.

Rail being 2" long is okay, just angle the brackets for the motor.

It's probably rough sawn oak. Do yourself a favor and buy a decent impact and a set of impact bits and it will save your life.

Even a crappy one works fucking wonders. I have the 24v Lion Ridgid (which I bought for the lifelong warranty on the batteries) and rarely do I pick up my real impact now. I bought it as a screw gun, but the thing fucking rocks.

My drill is bitchin.

The screws are shallow flatheads. I switched to a hardened bit and turned on the impact setting and it just mangled the screw. I just have to cut the wood out and put on a new bracket.

Rail being 2" long is okay, just angle the brackets for the motor.

Not enough room to angle it. My garage is weird. There is a load bearing beam to hold up a second story for the garage.

Oak 2x4?!?!? Crazy.

It's god a slight reddish tone to it.

1/4" hex impact, quality set of drivers.  

Watch your problem disappear.  

My drill is bitchin.

The screws are shallow flatheads. I switched to a hardened bit and turned on the impact setting and it just mangled the screw. I just have to cut the wood out and put on a new bracket.

Your drill does not compare, trust me. Buy a purpose built impact.