Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I'm going to give her my old cell phone I think.

I want to S4 or the new HTC one.

I'm going ro give her my galaxy 10.1 as I want either a cheep laptop and cheep new tab or the surface from Windows.

The ONLY thing she has mentioned is a Louis Viton (sp) purse.

Pm me a picture of what LV purse she would like. I get them on the cheap here on base, they are 110% real and I would be more than happy to ship for you.

J

Very cool! She'll flip for a new LV if she is like any of the girls that I know.

She was straight up with me. She want's one to make other chicks even more intimidated.

Female version of a power tie and a Ferrari I guess.

Not really. Just the power tie. The Ferrari comes from the shoes. Women notice that shit hardcore.

To get to your question, any major base should have them. Again, if not let me know and I'll do my damnedest to get you set up.

J

Must be a slow news day:  

There’s a new sheriff in Philadelphia, and he plays by his own rules.Jeannine Edwards reported from Eagles camp on SportsCenter this morning, highlighting the extent to which new head coach Chip Kelly has autocratically encroached on his players’ inalienable rights.

“Everything in the cafeteria has been re-made, and everyone in the organization from upper management to the staffers to the players are commenting on it,” Edwards said. “You go in the cafeteria and you see nothing but healthy food choices because Chip Kelly believes elite athletes need optimal nutrition.” Unbelievable.And it gets worse. “Gone are things like Taco Tuesdays and Fast Food Fridays, which the players are not too happy about,” Edwards continued. “Pizza, chicken wings, fried foods — and even red meat — are off the menu. [Kelly wants] nothing but organic hormone- and antibiotic-free lean meats.”

All teams should be doing that.
He crossed a line. While I agree, they should strive to be as healthy as possible, it's still ultimately up to them what they put in their body. They are grown men.

I would disagree.  That is a freedom you give up signing that contract.  Your health is important to the team's investment.  No different than a job requiring that you don't smoke pot. 

Real men go barefoot or at worst wear flip flops

Birks?

J, shirt color is personal preference.  For an interview I am typically prone to a mostly solid color.  What I mean by mostly is some pattern in the stitching or non-solid weave, but one color.

Again, if you want versatility your goal is to pick a color palette up front.  This will allow you to do neat things.

ie, I can usually wear a full suit during the day, dress it down by changing to a different pant (can't be a solid suit usually then, but the  pants have to have colors that compliment the pattern in the suit), dress it down one step further by swapping to jeans, one step further by removing the coat.  Gives you a multi-use setup.

Other than black I am horribly opposed to solitary color suits for this reason.  IMO everyone that dresses up should have a black suit, but outside of that finding ones that mix with the color palette you've selected works well.  For me that is greys  on the bottom.  Of course grey/black work so it integrates one step further.  It also allows a shit ton of flexibility in the top.  I regularly spend a week in an office and making everyone there feel like I packed 5 pairs of pants is the goal, but I do it with two.  No one can get beyond the shift from a muted tone shirt to a striped purple and notice you have the same pants on.  In particular if the pants just fit and disappear.

IMO the biggest flaw most people make is in their shoes.  Dress shoes should look the part.  I'd rather see someone in jeans wearing a pair of Mezlan's than someone in a suit wearing Clarks.  More often than not it is the other way around and looks fucking unprofessional and stupid.

As for the color for your shirt for the wedding.  I'd pick something muted and match the dress with a cheapo tie from TJ Maxx or the like.  Plain grey shirt can be matched with a mostly muted tie with a little color splash that highlights the dress of the woman you are with.  She'll be astonished at your planning.  Just make sure to pick the tie out first and find the shirt that goes with your suit and brings it all together.  And unless you are in the wedding party no flowers.

What about a suit and vibram five fingers? :P

Clarks are in general good for your feet, they just aren't dress shoes.

This is a dress shoe 42A1BEC51E224EF08ADF06735F09FD19.png

....and a very practical one at that

Birks?

Absolutely.  Flip flop up here is a generic term for a sandal.  I am wearing Birks atm.

J, shirt color is personal preference.  For an interview I am typically prone to a mostly solid color.  What I mean by mostly is some pattern in the stitching or non-solid weave, but one color.

Again, if you want versatility your goal is to pick a color palette up front.  This will allow you to do neat things.

ie, I can usually wear a full suit during the day, dress it down by changing to a different pant (can't be a solid suit usually then, but the  pants have to have colors that compliment the pattern in the suit), dress it down one step further by swapping to jeans, one step further by removing the coat.  Gives you a multi-use setup.

Other than black I am horribly opposed to solitary color suits for this reason.  IMO everyone that dresses up should have a black suit, but outside of that finding ones that mix with the color palette you've selected works well.  For me that is greys  on the bottom.  Of course grey/black work so it integrates one step further.  It also allows a shit ton of flexibility in the top.  I regularly spend a week in an office and making everyone there feel like I packed 5 pairs of pants is the goal, but I do it with two.  No one can get beyond the shift from a muted tone shirt to a striped purple and notice you have the same pants on.  In particular if the pants just fit and disappear.

IMO the biggest flaw most people make is in their shoes.  Dress shoes should look the part.  I'd rather see someone in jeans wearing a pair of Mezlan's than someone in a suit wearing Clarks.  More often than not it is the other way around and looks fucking unprofessional and stupid.

As for the color for your shirt for the wedding.  I'd pick something muted and match the dress with a cheapo tie from TJ Maxx or the like.  Plain grey shirt can be matched with a mostly muted tie with a little color splash that highlights the dress of the woman you are with.  She'll be astonished at your planning.  Just make sure to pick the tie out first and find the shirt that goes with your suit and brings it all together.  And unless you are in the wedding party no flowers.

What about a suit and vibram five fingers? tongue.png

Better than what most people wear which is something like this:

31_26082213_10107_3.jpg

or this

31_26062054_10107_7.jpg

IMO I wouldn't even wear those with jeans.  The Mezlan's above look better with jeans.  Jeans can be dressed down with a more casual shoe but that I am trying to be dressy but having casual comfort is horseshit.

Birks?

Absolutely.  Flip flop up here is a generic term for a sandal.  I am wearing Birks atm.

Ok to me it means cheap junk my daughter wears. ;)

For instance, casual jeans shoe with hiking shoe guts.

5208-p1.jpg

Keen makes some awesome steel toe stuff too btw.

Keen makes some awesome steel toe stuff too btw.

I have a pair of lexington composite toe.

What about a suit and vibram five fingers? tongue.png

Better than what most people wear which is something like this:

31_26082213_10107_3.jpg

or this

31_26062054_10107_7.jpg

IMO I wouldn't even wear those with jeans.  The Mezlan's above look better with jeans.  Jeans can be dressed down with a more casual shoe but that I am trying to be dressy but having casual comfort is horseshit.

Originally reading your shoe posts I thought "holy fucking shit Sean is anal," but after seeing what shoes you were ripping on I agree. They just give a bad impression.

Edited by stefanhinote

And yes I am anal.

And yes I am anal.

ninja.gif

Good examples. I'll be on the lookout.

J

Gah, I can't believe I misplaced an important paper twice. 

Found it once, told myself it's going in a safe spot and I can't find it now. Really weird...

Anyone ever have Kefir? I'm going to start making it since I'm lactose-intolerant.

I've eaten Kefir a few times, it's pretty easy to find here. 

A friend brought up an interesting topic. During the job interview should you dominate like an alpha or be more submissive? Kind of threw me for a loop because I've never even thought of or heard of such a topic. I'm going to think on it for a bit, right after this Greek yogurt cup...

Edited by Penguin4x4

Chugging along with the rear brakes: 

IMG_4198.jpg

Cut the bracket ring, extended the handbrake cables so I can fit the caliper as high as possible, cut and welded spacers (out of 1 1/8" steel bar). Now I need to find somebody with a drill press to drill holes in the spacers, which will be threaded. And the next big hurdle is cutting the connection plate between the caliper support and the bracket. That plate will allow me to fine-tune the caliper position as needed, even compensate for other rotor sizes.

I wonder how I should treat the metal for corrosion after all the work is done. Powdercoat? Zinc plating? Paint?

A friend brought up an interesting topic. During the job interview should you dominate like an alpha or be more submissive? Kind of threw me for a loop because I've never even thought of or heard of such a topic. I'm going to think on it for a bit, right after this Greek yogurt cup...

Speaking of interviews, I've been at the weirdest interview ever. My resume was forwarded by a high-school and college friend (he taught me a ton of programming) and at the interview all the employees, 7 total, gathered around me and wanted to hear what I had to say. We got through a ton of topics and they also had information about my car audio obsession and backhoe experience laugh.png

Anyone ever have Kefir? I'm going to start making it since I'm lactose-intolerant.

I like it as much as yogurt....but if you knew how much yogurt I ate that wouldn't be a major support for it.

It is a nice addition to a smoothy though since you are in calorie pound mode.

Depends completely on the interviewer and position being applied for.

Actually no it doesn't.  Alpha is always a bad thing and NEVER a way to build a relationship.  By no means am I saying you shouldn't control the interview, but that doesn't mean being submissive nor Alpha.

I eat 2 or three cups/containers of Greek yogurt a day.

Speaking of interviews, I've been at the weirdest interview ever. My resume was forwarded by a high-school and college friend (he taught me a ton of programming) and at the interview all the employees, 7 total, gathered around me and wanted to hear what I had to say. We got through a ton of topics and they also had information about my car audio obsession and backhoe experience laugh.png

You have car audio experience?  In a backhoe?