Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

.....I have no idea what to give the wife for graduation/promotion. .. and June will be our 5th year anniversary.

I'm going to give her my old cell phone I think.

I want to S4 or the new HTC one.

I'm going ro give her my galaxy 10.1 as I want either a cheep laptop and cheep new tab or the surface from Windows.

The ONLY thing she has mentioned is a Louis Viton (sp) purse.

Only thing that MIGHT be affordable I mean. She shot down a NEW phone. Shot down a NEW tab unless her grad school makes her get an ipad, then better to let it be a school cost....

No vacations possible for a long while.

She has a ton of jewelry. Maybe sapphire studs. But she has everything else.....

J - you only need 1 suit atm, an interview suit. If you have a second interview you should have a second. A way to offset that is to have a neutral suit and two VERY distinctly different shirts.

As for colors. I don't wear suits. I have a couple, but they are worthless to me. On the other hand sport coats are the bomb. Nearly as dressy and you can wear the same one all week, in particular when you visit different customers.

So what does this mean for colors? ALL my pants go with all my sport coats and pretty much all my shirts. It does mean I stack stripes sometimes, but that IMO is even acceptable.

All my pants are shades of gray to black.

I generalize my colors of ties too. Blues with Yellow for instance works with any whitish, yellow or blue shirt. The goal for me is to pack one tie, two pants, one sport coat and 5 shirts for a week.

Same reason your shoes should be black. Until you have 3 good pairs of black dress shoes changing colors is self defeating.

Thanks for the tips guys. I know this is something easily found via google, but what is the difference between a sport jacket, suit coat, and blazer? I just want to ensure I have my facts straight.

As for the 'suit' I have now it's a Hugo Boss wool top and pants with a 42L top. I BELIEVE it's a sport jacket, but am not 100% correct. I'll be wearing it this weekend for a wedding. Speaking thereof, is it possible to have the waist taken out an inch or so, or am I going to be SOL on that? The waist still buttons but could use a bit of breathing room.

My military ASU's have no size in the jacket but by comparison I believe it's a 40 and taken in on the back some (the jacket for us should be tight but not snug) to give the proper fit.

I'll be going and getting another pair of dress shoes, shit, belt and tie for the wedding. More than likely black shoes and belt, but the shirt color and tie I am in decided on. Any suggestions on colors? My date who is a bridesmade will be n a purple dress and shoes. Should I have a flower on my lapel to match?

Again sorry for all the 'fashion' questions, but I am trying to get this part of my life right. Being a tee shirt and jeans guy when off duty for the past 8 years has not helped much.

J

I'm going ro give her my galaxy 10.1 as I want either a cheep laptop and cheep new tab or the surface from Windows.

Pm me a picture of what LV purse she would like. I get them on the cheap here on base, they are 110% real and I would be more than happy to ship for you.

J

She has a ton of jewelry. Maybe sapphire studs. But she has everything else.....

every woman needs a good pearl necklace........

J

Pm me a picture of what LV purse she would like. I get them on the cheap here on base, they are 110% real and I would be more than happy to ship for you.

J

Very cool! She'll flip for a new LV if she is like any of the girls that I know.

thanks j

and im woking on it..  ill have to premake the eggwhites or somthing because  the is not there before hand i have 20 mins to wake up get out of bed get dressed get in my truck and drive to the otherside of town or even further to work a wreck most time..

but that is NOT why i mentioned living life my phone. i mentioned that to say my body has no clue when is when.. like post people,.

and with that said, today i have already had a litter of water, and a some raw nuts.

and i have tried to  read.. alot... but  there are SOOOO many conflicting reads online.  its hard to find what is fact and what is not... too many dip shits with blogs 

im trying :D

Maybe D would make you an omelette as soon as your cell rings?

Try egg beaters as they are a good fast alternative to real egg whites.

As for info, www.intensemuscle.com is a great resource. The community is mainly bodybuilders, power lifters, and trainers. They have forgotten more knowledge than most of us could ever hope to learn in the topic of health and fitness.

Also, congrats on the first step man. It's not easy, but as time goes on and new shit becomes old hat it will get easier and easier. Having to go buy new jeans because the old ones are falling off your ass helps even more.

J

J

Very cool! She'll flip for a new LV if she is like any of the girls that I know.

They are INSANELY popular with the wives of military members, so the bases USUALLY keep them n steady supply and at a good price.

J

J

No doubt!

J

NO SHIT!?!?!?!?!

WTF awesome. Is that any/every base? I have a retired navy guy here who can go to the exchange and save you the trouble, but I am all about it.

J

She was straight up with me. She want's one to make other chicks even more intimidated.

Female version of a power tie and a Ferrari I guess.

.....I have no idea what to give the wife for graduation/promotion. .. and June will be our 5th year anniversary.

My sister got one of those pink Viper toolboxes from her husband for Mother's Day. At least he tried, I guess.

Last Friday, the FBI surrounded the home of Saudi student Talal al Rouki after his neighbor tipped off the authorities that he has been seen around the residential area with a pressure cooker, a household kitchenware that recently made the headlines after it was used by the Boston Marathon terrorists to set their deadly bombs off in April. When questioned by the FBI, the frightened Michigan resident showed FBI agents the cooking apparatus, informing them he had used it to make the Saudi Arabian rice dish kabsah before taking it over to a friend's house, to which they replied "You need to be more careful moving around with such things, Sir."

J

Amen brother.

J

She was straight up with me. She want's one to make other chicks even more intimidated.

Female version of a power tie and a Ferrari I guess.

I bought my wife a LV in Rome. The price of the fucking thing was intimidating to my wallet.

She is fully aware it is stupid and pointless. Really weird comming from her as she is really "sensible" about fashion.

I probably spend more time thinking about my clothes.

For what ever reason she has just mentioned this on and off over the past few years.

The steel is already at another guy, should be ready tomorrow.

I need 2 6.5" diameter rings, with a 3" hole in the middle and a 4 inch disk set back 1/8". Material thickness 3/8".

6.5" was to big for his lathe? Really??????

It is too big for mine. 6" baby lathe

I probably could have gotten away with 6", the stock piece was an 8" square though.

This made me think seriously about buying a lathe

I'm lucky i think, since the gf told me she wants to go to a local chinese restaurant. So i'm set for her b-day

J, shirt color is personal preference.  For an interview I am typically prone to a mostly solid color.  What I mean by mostly is some pattern in the stitching or non-solid weave, but one color.

Again, if you want versatility your goal is to pick a color palette up front.  This will allow you to do neat things.

ie, I can usually wear a full suit during the day, dress it down by changing to a different pant (can't be a solid suit usually then, but the  pants have to have colors that compliment the pattern in the suit), dress it down one step further by swapping to jeans, one step further by removing the coat.  Gives you a multi-use setup.

Other than black I am horribly opposed to solitary color suits for this reason.  IMO everyone that dresses up should have a black suit, but outside of that finding ones that mix with the color palette you've selected works well.  For me that is greys  on the bottom.  Of course grey/black work so it integrates one step further.  It also allows a shit ton of flexibility in the top.  I regularly spend a week in an office and making everyone there feel like I packed 5 pairs of pants is the goal, but I do it with two.  No one can get beyond the shift from a muted tone shirt to a striped purple and notice you have the same pants on.  In particular if the pants just fit and disappear.

IMO the biggest flaw most people make is in their shoes.  Dress shoes should look the part.  I'd rather see someone in jeans wearing a pair of Mezlan's than someone in a suit wearing Clarks.  More often than not it is the other way around and looks fucking unprofessional and stupid.

As for the color for your shirt for the wedding.  I'd pick something muted and match the dress with a cheapo tie from TJ Maxx or the like.  Plain grey shirt can be matched with a mostly muted tie with a little color splash that highlights the dress of the woman you are with.  She'll be astonished at your planning.  Just make sure to pick the tie out first and find the shirt that goes with your suit and brings it all together.  And unless you are in the wedding party no flowers.

I fucking hate pocket hankies too.  Ghey

The steel is already at another guy, should be ready tomorrow.

I need 2 6.5" diameter rings, with a 3" hole in the middle and a 4 inch disk set back 1/8". Material thickness 3/8".

6.5" was to big for his lathe? Really??????

It is too big for mine. 6" baby lathe

I probably could have gotten away with 6", the stock piece was an 8" square though.

This made me think seriously about buying a lathe

Ok, so he had to swing 12" then, if he had wanted to put the compound under it, would have taken a 14" lathe.  

I fucking hate pocket hankies too. Ghey

They come in handy when all the ladies moisten up to much from seeing how good I look in a suit.

If there is a group it could become a slip and fall hazard.

Edited by dem beats

Dress shoes are important. I sadly don't know much about dress shoe brands.

12 4E doesn't fit will with most. I wear 13s and try to find wider toes.